PDA

View Full Version : Altars

VuuDuu
May 10th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Buenos dias!

I am interested in constructing an altar to the orisha and I had a few questions. Is it appropriate to construct a "general" altar to all of the orisha or should each orisha have a separate space? What are some items that I should include on the altar? Any help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Gracias

sea seguro y reciba sus bendiciones!

semi
May 11th, 2005, 05:52 PM
A general altar would be fine to start out, but some orisha don't like some things that other orisha like. For example, rum is very popular with most of the orisha, but it shouldn't be offered to Obatala. So any shrine that Obatala is a part of shouldn't have alcohol on it. There are other specifics that would make a general altart like this restricted a bit as far as offerings go, but things like candles, water, candy, etc. should be fine.

VuuDuu
May 12th, 2005, 07:11 AM
A general altar would be fine to start out, but some orisha don't like some things that other orisha like. For example, rum is very popular with most of the orisha, but it shouldn't be offered to Obatala. So any shrine that Obatala is a part of shouldn't have alcohol on it. There are other specifics that would make a general altart like this restricted a bit as far as offerings go, but things like candles, water, candy, etc. should be fine.

Gracias semicivilizedman. I really appreciate the help...sin duda.