PDA

View Full Version : Yasmine Galenorn

LadyTrinity
May 10th, 2005, 09:06 PM
WOW sweetie! You are doing really well for your self. I was exploring some websites and I noticed " Embrassing the moon" and I was like wow what a beautiful jacket and I saw your name at the bottom! :woot: Your a super star! :woot:

Yasmine Galenorn
May 10th, 2005, 09:58 PM
WOW sweetie! You are doing really well for your self. I was exploring some websites and I noticed " Embrassing the moon" and I was like wow what a beautiful jacket and I saw your name at the bottom! :woot: Your a super star! :woot:
Hey hon, thank you. Yeah, I've got eight nonfiction books out, two mystery series going (the first one has three books out, and at least two more on the way, the other--the first book comes out this October), and am about to start a third series--paranormal fantasy/mystery, at the end of this year. So I do have quite a few books out there. :)

Embracing the Moon was my second book...that seems like soooo long ago (it came out in 1998 and is still selling). And yes, the cover is lovely--they did a good job on that one.

Hugs and hope things are going well,
Yasmine :colorful:

Kyan's Daddy
May 10th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Embracing the Moon was my second book...that seems like soooo long ago

My dogs absolutely devoured that book!

Yasmine Galenorn
May 10th, 2005, 10:32 PM
ROFLMAO...I hope they didn't get indigestion. You should see what my cats occasionally do to my manuscripts. :hahugh:

Dusk
May 10th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Embracing the Moon was my second book...that seems like soooo long ago (it came out in 1998 and is still selling). And yes, the cover is lovely--they did a good job on that one.

It is selling to people like me. I just bought this recently, I've enjoyed it very much so far.
:thumbsup:

CzechWoods
May 11th, 2005, 12:45 AM
It is selling to people like me. I just bought this recently, I've enjoyed it very much so far.
:thumbsup:

I was tempted to bying it too but decided in the last second for the totem magic book, dance of shapeshifter.

i am reading it now, and it is very inspiring.

grand work. cant compare it to Yasmines other books, but definately worth buying. Personally like her style over lets say Cunninghams so maybe that should be a reference.

Rock on :yourock:

LadyTrinity
May 11th, 2005, 11:07 AM

Bad, Bad Doggie!!!! :lol:

BrigidMoon
May 11th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I have 'Embracing the Moon' - it's awesome!

Yasmine Galenorn
May 11th, 2005, 12:18 PM
I was tempted to bying it too but decided in the last second for the totem magic book, dance of shapeshifter.

i am reading it now, and it is very inspiring.

grand work. cant compare it to Yasmines other books, but definately worth buying. Personally like her style over lets say Cunninghams so maybe that should be a reference.

Rock on :yourock:

Now that's a compliment--Scott being one of the greats in my book... :) :hugz:

I'm glad you're liking Totem Magic--the writing of that book was...well...difficult because of the circumstances surrounding that time period. It came solely from the gut...I was so burned out from life and personal tragedy at that time, that I could barely see my way through the days. So I wrote it on auto-pilot and didn't worry about what my publisher was going to say. And they liked it.

Yazza

Gabriel Le Chat
May 11th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Wow.... "Embracing the Moon" was actually the first pagan book I purchased. I still have it, dog-earred and all.

What a small witchy world in which we live!

:smileroll

Yasmine Galenorn
May 11th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Wow.... "Embracing the Moon" was actually the first pagan book I purchased. I still have it, dog-earred and all.

What a small witchy world in which we live!

:smileroll
Hi Gabriel...I'm glad you like it enough to re-read it! That is a big compliment to an author. I have an author forum in MW (which is probably where this thread should be), if you want to discuss it or any of my other works: http://www.mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120

Bright Blessings,

mol
May 13th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Moved!

:) Glad to see you are doing well, Yas. Drop me an email if you get a spare moment.

~Elise~
May 13th, 2005, 12:10 PM
I use this book as a reference in my year and a day studies class.

Elise

Yasmine Galenorn
May 13th, 2005, 03:38 PM
I use this book as a reference in my year and a day studies class.

Elise
You know, ETM grew out of magic classes that I taught, which evolved from learning on an experiential basis over the years. So in a sense, it was geared toward the method in which I taught--and I taught what ended up a year-long class, so in a sense, you're using it the way my work on it evolved. :)

WandererInGray
July 13th, 2005, 10:22 PM
*smiles* You know, I bought this book before I even knew Yazza. :lol: I thought it was a great book then and still think that now.

Yasmine Galenorn
July 14th, 2005, 08:36 AM
*smiles* You know, I bought this book before I even knew Yazza. :lol: I thought it was a great book then and still think that now.

LOL...really? Well, I'm glad! I actually wasn't sure what books of mine you'd read--and I don't always consider it polite to ask. I self-promote, because I have to and because it's good business, but there's a fine line between that and being pushy. ~grins~

Yazza :colorful:

WandererInGray
July 14th, 2005, 11:08 AM
*laughs* Yeah, I bought it and used it quite a bit. Then when I stopped doing magic for a while it went to the local new age store. PB bought me a new copy of it...*ponders*....last year I think, because I'd regretted getting rid of it.

I think there's a house blessing spell in there I used for one of my favorite apartments. :D

*thinks* I've read that one, SEatD, Crafting the Body Divine (right?), and the C'n'C series. I'm probably forgetting something though.

Yasmine Galenorn
July 14th, 2005, 03:03 PM
*laughs* Yeah, I bought it and used it quite a bit. Then when I stopped doing magic for a while it went to the local new age store. PB bought me a new copy of it...*ponders*....last year I think, because I'd regretted getting rid of it.

I think there's a house blessing spell in there I used for one of my favorite apartments. :D

*thinks* I've read that one, SEatD, Crafting the Body Divine (right?), and the C'n'C series. I'm probably forgetting something though.

Hey babe, I love your siggies right now.

Must run, but wanted to say, you've read more of my books than I thought you had!

(Dancing With the Sun wouldn't be something I'd think you'd like--and it's OOP, thank gods because it's my least favorite of all the books I wrote....Magical Meditations and Totem Magic, maybe. More shamanic/elemental work there. Trancing The Witch's Wheel is MM in its original form...then there was Tarot Journeys, which I really would like to see back in print. Proud of that book).

Yazza :colorful:

Haerfest Leah
October 11th, 2005, 04:47 PM
I just wanted to say I hadn't read "Embrassing the Moon"..........till now. Well I just got it today at our new & only local Pagan store we have now which has 5 or so copies they're selling. So it stuck to my hand along with Cunninghams "Earth,Air, Fire & Water" & a fat sage smudge stick. hehe I plan on starting it a soon as I get the spare minute, the book that is.

Yasmine Galenorn
October 12th, 2005, 02:43 PM
I just wanted to say I hadn't read "Embrassing the Moon"..........till now. Well I just got it today at our new & only local Pagan store we have now which has 5 or so copies they're selling. So it stuck to my hand along with Cunninghams "Earth,Air, Fire & Water" & a fat sage smudge stick. hehe I plan on starting it a soon as I get the spare minute, the book that is.

That's the one (out of eight) nonfiction book of mine that you can generally find around. :) Totem Magic seems to run a distant second. Hope you like it!

Haerfest Leah
October 13th, 2005, 03:25 PM
That's the one (out of eight) nonfiction book of mine that you can generally find around. :) Totem Magic seems to run a distant second. Hope you like it!

Well I've had it 2 days and now on page 85, I really like it. I love your encounter with the unicorn, how enchanting that must have been. I have a friend who claims to have seen one once but not sure how reliable her story was.

I'm not Wiccan either so it seems I can apply alot of this to my Asatru/Heathen witchy path unlike a lot of witch books you have to get thru the Wicca info to take out the magic parts.

:ballonsmi

Yasmine Galenorn
October 14th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Well I've had it 2 days and now on page 85, I really like it. I love your encounter with the unicorn, how enchanting that must have been. I have a friend who claims to have seen one once but not sure how reliable her story was.

I'm not Wiccan either so it seems I can apply alot of this to my Asatru/Heathen witchy path unlike a lot of witch books you have to get thru the Wicca info to take out the magic parts.

:ballonsmi

I've really gone a lot deeper into the shamanic realm since I wrote that book--the longer I've been pledged to Mielikki and Tapio (Finnish deities) the further I get from Wiccan practice. Totem Magic is sort of the 'next step' book, strictly in terms of where I'm at now. I pretty much consider myself a shamanic Witch at this point.

And yes, the unicorn was a sight I'll never forget, and taught me a valuable lesson: things outside our realm really exist--not just in archetype or 'energy' fields...but truly, really, exist. I do get dissed alot because I have the guts to say I saw something mystical manifest in front of me--a few folks who want Wicca more mainstream don't like it when the magical elements take on a living, breathing reality, but that's fine--I'm not asking people to believe in unicorns, just to accept that *I* believe in them.

Yasmine G. :colorful:

Haerfest Leah
October 15th, 2005, 07:45 PM
I've really gone a lot deeper into the shamanic realm since I wrote that book--the longer I've been pledged to Mielikki and Tapio (Finnish deities) the further I get from Wiccan practice. Totem Magic is sort of the 'next step' book, strictly in terms of where I'm at now. I pretty much consider myself a shamanic Witch at this point.

And yes, the unicorn was a sight I'll never forget, and taught me a valuable lesson: things outside our realm really exist--not just in archetype or 'energy' fields...but truly, really, exist. I do get dissed alot because I have the guts to say I saw something mystical manifest in front of me--a few folks who want Wicca more mainstream don't like it when the magical elements take on a living, breathing reality, but that's fine--I'm not asking people to believe in unicorns, just to accept that *I* believe in them.

Yasmine G. :colorful:

Today I read the section on Prosperity & Abundance and very much agree with how you put that all. You shouldn't have to feel guilty for wanting a better life.

Yasmine Galenorn
October 15th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Today I read the section on Prosperity & Abundance and very much agree with how you put that all. You shouldn't have to feel guilty for wanting a better life.

You wouldn't believe how much flack I've taken for that attitude. And then the same people bitch about being poor, but won't do anything to get out of the situation. Frankly, I've been dirt poor--grindingly poor--and I've been...very much not poor. I'd rather be very much not poor any day. :)