PDA

View Full Version : My dogs both have cancer

TWILIGHTSKY
May 15th, 2005, 02:59 PM
My white dog Sheena has mammary gland cancer. The vet gave her less than a year to live back in February, and her littermate, our black dog Erica, has a mass(t?) cell tumor on her groin that has gotten huge in the last week. She had bloody loose stools a few days ago, and now she's having tarry stools from internal bleeding and I think we're going to have to put her to sleep; which is making me break down now as I type. Our "babies" will be ten on June 28th.

They're mutts from the same litter that we got when Sheena was just four weeks old- five days later we went back and got Erica. They've never been separated again since. They were seven when we had our first child, and after a brief time of adjustment, they became great protectors and companions to our daughter, then our son.

I'm so sad now, and I'm going to miss them terribley when they're gone. I know that it's a part of life, but it doesn't make it any easier to accept. I hate to see that she may be in pain, but at the same time I'm dreading not having them in our lives any more. I know it sounds silly but if anyone could send Erica, and Sheena too, some energy to make this easier for them I would love you for it.

They are the dogs in my avatar, and part of our family and hearts.

Thanks for letting me get this out.

*Rain*
May 15th, 2005, 03:03 PM
:hugz: Aw, i'm so sorry to hear that. We lost our last dog to cancer and it was heartbreaking. There's nothing I can say, but you know we are here if you need to talk to anyone

Bronach Druid
May 15th, 2005, 11:41 PM
I am so very sorry. Comforting energies sent for both of your "babies" and your family. :hugz:

Humming Bird
May 15th, 2005, 11:43 PM
im sorry :hugz:

*energy sent*

EponaCapaill
May 21st, 2005, 01:32 AM
I'm very sorry, it's so difficult when things like this happen. :hugz:

Jenne
May 21st, 2005, 02:08 AM
:hugz: Peace and healing vibes...

kindevil
May 21st, 2005, 08:17 AM
I know how you feel. I've been having to put up with pet deaths all my life(I grew up with them).
I was always told "At least they aren't suffering anymore". It never gets easier, but your dogs spirits will always be with you. :hugz:

Old Witch
May 21st, 2005, 03:02 PM
Energy sent to your fur children and :hugz: to you and your kids...