PDA

View Full Version : "The White Goddess"

Theres
October 21st, 2001, 02:06 AM
has anyone here read this amazing book? it is Robert Graves magnum opus about the origins of Celtic mythology and the way it was passed down through the bardic tradition. a VERY difficult read, but well worth it. i've tried to get through it a number of times, getting a little further each time. before this life is done, i WILL finish this book!.

Earth Walker
October 21st, 2001, 05:53 PM
No, haven't read that book, but thanx for the info.
I'll look for it in the bookstores....:)

MammaStar
October 21st, 2001, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the info! I'm currently reading "Celtic History" and that too is a tough read (i've been trying to get through it for 3 months now) but I enjoy the parts about the mythology as well.

*runs off to break open piggy bank to buy more books* :D

CzechWoods
October 28th, 2001, 02:42 PM
Namaste all,
#
definately one of THE books for witchcraft, celtic, pagan studies.

no speels, no fluff stuff, yet a lot of wisdom.

I hope to get the english book soon, we have only the french translation, and thats really heavy to read for a non native speaker.

Czech

Theres
November 16th, 2001, 06:40 PM
well, i'm part of an online discussion group on 'The White Goddess', and we're going through it chapter by chapter trying to decypher it's meanings. we've only just started, so if anyone's interested, let me know.

Lavender
November 16th, 2001, 07:10 PM
Yes, that is a great book. It's been a while since I've read that. Probably time for another reading.

Lavender
November 16th, 2001, 07:22 PM
I've been following your discussion there & it's a pretty good one.

Siren
November 19th, 2001, 11:46 AM
I want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it.....