PDA

View Full Version : Broken Empire sketch

SandStorm
May 23rd, 2005, 02:09 PM
I'm working in this...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/BlackLark/brokempskch.jpg

I'm going to paint it all in gray tones (with ink), but I was thinking in put a small color note making like some small yellow/amber light in the tower and in its reflection in the water (yep, that's water). Well, any idea will be appreciated :fpartay:

Flaire-FireStar
May 23rd, 2005, 10:44 PM
I think some colour would be nice. I really like monochrome (it's what I stick to when painting myself) but greys are kind of...dull. (*laughs*) I agree with the bit of yellow in the tower/reflection would add something. I think it would be a good eye-catcher, and maybe a blue-grey for the water instead of all-grey.

Of course, I argued stuff like this with my art teacher all the time and got no where. ;)

I love how it looks now - I hope you post again when it's finished. I'd love to see it. :D

SilverClaw
May 24th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Cool I like it .

Jenne
May 24th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Very cool--TFS! Can't wait for the finished product!

SandStorm
May 24th, 2005, 07:34 AM
I think some colour would be nice. I really like monochrome (it's what I stick to when painting myself) but greys are kind of...dull. (*laughs*) I agree with the bit of yellow in the tower/reflection would add something. I think it would be a good eye-catcher, and maybe a blue-grey for the water instead of all-grey.

Of course, I argued stuff like this with my art teacher all the time and got no where. ;)

I love how it looks now - I hope you post again when it's finished. I'd love to see it. :D

Thanks for your comments, I really like the idea of the blue-grey water =D, thanks for the suggestion