PDA

View Full Version : Wow...It's happening...where was I?

Laiste
October 22nd, 2001, 03:34 PM
Hi all,

I've been feeling rather in a slump about how to begin teaching my 8 year old son about Paganism. I have been giving him bits and pieces of information over the past few years...but he seemed to have no interest at all, with the exception of his alter or "sacred space" as I have taught him to refer to it. Anyway, about a month ago I prayed to the Goddess for some direction as to what is right for me to teach my son at this point. My answer was to be patient and let my son come to me. Well, he has...he's been so full of questions and I am ever so happy to answer and honestly...not feeling as if I am pushing something on him. For example, the other day he asked if Santa Clause was a God...not God but A GOD! He's begining to absorb what I've been lightly teaching him. He asks what the Goddess thinks about certain things and how he should pray to Her! This has also helped me with the "spiritual slump" I've been in. I now know that I can "start over" in a sense, and experience everything again...but this time with my son! The only problem with this is now he doesn't feel that he should have to go to school on Halloween/Samhain because it's a Pagan Holiday!! He thinks schools should be closed so people can celebrate!:eek: :D

Just thought I'd share my happiness!

Faery-Wings
October 22nd, 2001, 03:42 PM
That is great!!!

I look forward to the day that my kids will (hopefully) ask me more about being Pagan and worshipping the Goddess. I think the way you handled it is wonderful- that you gave him the space to come to you. Very sweet!

BB

Chris

Laiste
October 22nd, 2001, 03:50 PM
Thanks...and your time will come too.

:)

Lavender
October 22nd, 2001, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Laiste
...The only problem with this is now he doesn't feel that he should have to go to school on Halloween/Samhain because it's a Pagan Holiday!! He thinks schools should be closed so people can celebrate!:eek: :D

Just thought I'd share my happiness!

:lol: That is so cute!

I'm happy for you, Laiste!

Da Witch
October 22nd, 2001, 03:54 PM
It is wonderful that you are getting your son involved and letting him come to you. I too am doing small things with my daughter but she is only 3. It is my opinion that it will be your son and my daughters generation that will make a huge change in the way the beliefs of witchcraft are viewed. I will not get into the full extent of my thoughts now but I will one day ;)

Twilight Garden
October 22nd, 2001, 07:40 PM
That's wonderful, Laiste! I understand the, "I now know that I can "start over" in a sense, and experience everything again...but this time with my son!" It refreshes everything for you and makes you think even harder than you do on your own sometimes. Glad to see your prayers answered.

Laiste
October 22nd, 2001, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Da Witch
It is wonderful that you are getting your son involved and letting him come to you. I too am doing small things with my daughter but she is only 2. It is my opinion that it will be your son and my daughters generation that will make a huge change in the way the beliefs of witchcraft are viewed. I will not get into the full extent of my thoughts now but I will one day ;)

Well, I certainly hope your right! :) All we can do as parents is teach them our way, then send them off and hope and pray that alot of good comes of it...and that they will change the world!

Lilu
October 23rd, 2001, 09:29 AM
Congratulations! That's really cool. :) Thanks for sharing. In fact, you've inspired a new topic for me. Just need to make sure it hasn't been discussed before! ;)

BB
Lilu

Laiste
October 23rd, 2001, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Lilu
Congratulations! That's really cool. :) Thanks for sharing. In fact, you've inspired a new topic for me. Just need to make sure it hasn't been discussed before! ;)

BB
Lilu

Thanks! Let us know when you post this new topic! You have me curious now:D

Margie
October 26th, 2001, 12:51 PM
That's so great. We haven't taught our three year old much but from what she's seen us do, she imitates. It's hillarious-she walks around "feeling" for the Goddess. We find that very interesting. Also things we never taught her like her "friend" Andra...we're still trying to figure that one out.