PDA

View Full Version : Empathic pain in heart chakra

star_childe
May 29th, 2005, 08:56 AM
I am empathic and since i started reiki 4 years ago ( i have advanced reiki now) i receive other peoples emotional hurt as a physical pain in my heart chakra. My chest literally hurts but its not a physical pain. And it only lasts as long as it takes me to work out who the person is and call them on the phone, or send them some distance reiki. Its usually close friends or family and i can phone around and work out who it is quite quickly. But sometimes its a relative or someone that I wouldnt have thought of, and the pain is quite bad until i can give myself enough reiki for it to calm down (or possibly be sent to the other person through my heart chakra, i havent ever read about this, I dont know how it works) I am asking because its happening right now. I have given myself reiki for awile on the heart and its only a mild discomfort. But i dont want to ring everyone i know as i am quite exhausted and i thought maybe there is an easier way? Does anyone else know what i am talking about?

saffron
May 30th, 2005, 09:28 PM
I am empathic and since i started reiki 4 years ago ( i have advanced reiki now) i receive other peoples emotional hurt as a physical pain in my heart chakra. My chest literally hurts but its not a physical pain. And it only lasts as long as it takes me to work out who the person is and call them on the phone, or send them some distance reiki. Its usually close friends or family and i can phone around and work out who it is quite quickly. But sometimes its a relative or someone that I wouldnt have thought of, and the pain is quite bad until i can give myself enough reiki for it to calm down (or possibly be sent to the other person through my heart chakra, i havent ever read about this, I dont know how it works) I am asking because its happening right now. I have given myself reiki for awile on the heart and its only a mild discomfort. But i dont want to ring everyone i know as i am quite exhausted and i thought maybe there is an easier way? Does anyone else know what i am talking about?

Try doing some long-distance reiki...just send it to 'whomever needs it at this time'. :)

Saffron

KEishin
May 31st, 2005, 12:10 PM
Also check to see if you have enough protection on your heart chakra. It sounds to me like you're wide open psychically. Do you have any other pains or "draining" senaations in other chakral areas?

I've had that happen to me when I'm unshielded. It's a curious fact that when I'm doing Reiki, it doesn't interfere with any protections I have in place, but goes right through 'em.

star_childe
June 1st, 2005, 04:07 AM
Also check to see if you have enough protection on your heart chakra. It sounds to me like you're wide open psychically. Do you have any other pains or "draining" senaations in other chakral areas?

I've had that happen to me when I'm unshielded. It's a curious fact that when I'm doing Reiki, it doesn't interfere with any protections I have in place, but goes right through 'em.

No, its just the area right between heart and solar plexus. I do conscious shielding and aura cleansing every day, there is a few vampires at work, so im very aware of draining sensations. The thing is, i dont have a problem with the vampires at work- its only the people i know really well who arent vampires at all- and its only when they're extremely distraught/hysterical that i pick up on it, no matter how far away they are. One of these friends is an experienced witch and although she puts up high hard shields on herself so that she doesnt have "leakage", i still quite often pick up if she is seriously upset through the pain in my chest. I have tried sending the distance reiki "to whoever needs it at this time", but the problem is, i know that its someone i know well, just not who, and i need to communicate with them.
Before got Reiki 1, since i was a little girl i used to heal by "taking on" other peoples aches and pains, etc but i have never had this experience before, only since i started reiki.
Maybe youre right and im only protecting myself from people i dont know. I had the empathic "overload" and shut down for a year a few years back, so im trying to monitor how much i take on so that it doesnt happen again.

dancinghathors
June 30th, 2005, 09:00 PM
do you wear stones ever? because i think you'd benifit from a rose quartz necklace. a long enough necklace that reaches your heart chakra with a nice piece of rose quartz is the image i'm getting about your situation.

Kendrah
June 30th, 2005, 10:54 PM
I feel this too. Only, I'm not quite sure I'd call it a physical pain. To me, it's a tightening of my chest. It's like I've been crying for a long time and there aren't anymore tears left; just the weezing and gasping and ache in my chest from all that effort. I dunno if that makes any sense. I hate the feeling, though.

arctic splash
July 1st, 2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I feel it too, sometimes. It may just be that I'm more aware of these things since being attuned.

It's not all pain though. A friend of mine and I connected one night over Chinese food and some wine... she is highly psychic and sensitive... and I told her what I felt -- sort of a band of energy from her heart to mine. And it was a good thing. She just smiled, nodded knowingly and said, "I feel it too." That felt really good. :D

star_childe
July 2nd, 2005, 06:10 AM
Yeah, I feel it too, sometimes. It may just be that I'm more aware of these things since being attuned.

It's not all pain though. A friend of mine and I connected one night over Chinese food and some wine... she is highly psychic and sensitive... and I told her what I felt -- sort of a band of energy from her heart to mine. And it was a good thing. She just smiled, nodded knowingly and said, "I feel it too." That felt really good. :D

I agree, moonstone_dreams. i have had many experiences, mostly good, with energy sharing. this includes being able to zap certain people with static electricity through my fingers, sharing dreams with close friends, picking up on other peoples thoughts and hidden feelings by looking at their aura or touching them (this was all before i started reiki) diagnosing pain through empathy... and best of all, being able to assist other people to heal themselves.
I have had problems in the past with caring too much about friends and becoming entangled in sort of unhealthy symbiotic relationships- sort of energy dramas where each character plays a role in order to get energy. I usually played the mother/healer role, and other people, usually troubled or depressed people, would play victim. there would be a seesaw balancing act of energy levels and it took me a long time to learn that everyone has to balance their own selves. I am more withdrawn from my friends these days but i have much healthier relationships. I discovered, as did my friends, that they did not really need me to rescue them from the big bad world of their own minds.

Now I try only to give energy to people who ask, spoken or unspoken, and to remain disconnected from their lives. I have found since i got Reiki 1 i have come across many many people needing help through Reiki, but that my friendship isnt going to help that much. Its a different sort of relationship, which i know is not meant to develop into a deep and meaningful friendship, but that i am merely a vessel to provide healing for them at some difficult time in their life.
This realization, combined with awareness of shielding and to where my energy is directed, leads me to general discontent and puzzlement when i have this pain in my heart/chest. Every time its happened it has been a close friend or relative, usually more than 50km away, sometimes who i havent seen in months. Only when they are in a state of hysteria or extreme emotional distress. I dont give conscious permission for them to take energy, it just happens.
I wonder sometimes if i have unconsciously given permission, as my Goddess is Quan Yin, Goddess of Compassion and Mercy, She who hears the Cries of the World.
The Gift of Seeing and Healing is in my family, and my siblings also have talents and are aware of this ability i have. Perhaps it is an inheirited ability that has developed as i am getting older and has nothing to do with reiki. I just thought that it was likely as the whole thing only developed since i got reiki 1. Maybe the reiki symbols going into my chakras opened up an ability i already had- the ability to know when something bad happens to someone i love.

StarMan
July 2nd, 2005, 07:43 AM
Hi

Just wanted to drop a few lines. I know what youíre talking about. A few years ago I had problems being amongst people. I was picking vibes wherever I went. Going to the store to shop was not an easy task. For some time I could tell that something was wrong with someone in the crowd, sooner it turned out that they died or got hurt bad in an accident. It almost made me lose my mind. I just had to ask the spirits to help me out. They did. After some time I got better. Iím still emphatic, but I can control it more. I do get into ďtroubleĒ when Iím in love though. Itís like my own emotions messes up and gets mixed with other vibes.

Wolf Dancer
July 2nd, 2005, 03:37 PM
Hi

Just wanted to drop a few lines. I know what youíre talking about. A few years ago I had problems being amongst people. I was picking vibes wherever I went. Going to the store to shop was not an easy task. For some time I could tell that something was wrong with someone in the crowd, sooner it turned out that they died or got hurt bad in an accident. It almost made me lose my mind. I just had to ask the spirits to help me out. They did. After some time I got better. Iím still emphatic, but I can control it more. I do get into ďtroubleĒ when Iím in love though. Itís like my own emotions messes up and gets mixed with other vibes.

:ringaroun <--protective ring to protect you when out in public. Unless you are empathic, no one can understand what it is like to feel someone and not know who it is coming from, the best thing I can do when this happens to me is bring up my shields and call in my protectors and guides. Light candles, and circle myself with healing/protection stones. This is what I do, or I get the 'run away heart', and the feelin of somethin crushin my chest, the drs say it is a anxiety attack or panic attack......yea if they only knew.....thanks for opening my eyes and lettin others know they are not alone in this.......