PDA

View Full Version : Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft

Christopherpenczak
June 1st, 2005, 08:08 PM
For those who are looking forward to book 3 in my Temple of Witchcraft series, The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft is based on a class that I teach my students, and honestly it's my favorite of all five. It deals with spirit work, and the witch as the crossroads and keeper of the veil between worlds. It compares the witch to the traditional shaman in native cultures, and looks at our modern core shamanic techniques.

The lessons include working with all manner of spirits, from totems to plant spirits, ancestors and deities. I go more in depth regarding invocation and we work with soul healing, through shamanic soul retrieval and removal of unwanted spirits from your energy field. The shamanic cosmology of three worlds is explored, as well as various cultural subdivisions, such as the Norse and Celtic views of the otherworlds. It helps you build a team of spiritual allies and map out your territory in the otherworld.

The final lesson is preparation for shadow work, to find and commune with your shadow self, your repressed emotions and thought, and learn how to make peace with it and integrate it into your life and magick.

I can't wait for it to come out and for me to start touring on it.

Many blessings,

Christopher
www.christopherpenczak.com

Anubis RainHawk
June 1st, 2005, 08:12 PM
That sounds amazing. My one concern is, how easy will it be to learn this by the book, without teachers? The first two Temple books could be managible without a teacher, but is that also true for the Shamanic Temple of Witchcraft?
Thanks!

Anubis RainHawk

Witchzee1
June 2nd, 2005, 06:30 AM
Wow! That sounds awesome!!!

Didn't you say that the CD's were going to have drumming meditations? Or am I confused?

I have GOT TO learn to read through osmosis! :lol: I keep getting further and further behind!

Christopherpenczak
June 3rd, 2005, 06:30 PM
Hi Guys,

First, yes, the CD Companion will be sold separately, and have 3 CDs with two shamanic journeys each, that can be used for many of the meditations. Basically I start by guiding you through a sacred space ritual, count down, and get the music going. Several different drum tracks are included, along with singing bowl and I think a rattle. Then a call back and count up. Each journey is divided up, so if you want to skip the ritual, or the count down, you can. If you want a longer journey, you can just hit repeat for that track and journey as long as you'd like. That's good for experienced practitioners. The last CD has guided meditations, much like the previous CD companions.

As for doing the book without a teacher, it's designed for the solitary or small group without a teacher. Having a teacher is ideal, but I am writing this series of books for those who do not have one available. The lessons build up to the final shadow ritual, giving you a lot of tools, and practice time if you follow the course as I outline. I know the process works because I've been teaching it this way for quite a while, and with the book format, you get even more time to practice and master the healing and journeying techniques. Each lesson comes with tips and homework, just like a teacher.

I know that a book can never replace a teacher, but I hope this can help round out another facet of witchcraft for many people looking to go beyond rituals and spells.

jaiden
June 3rd, 2005, 06:37 PM
**Drumroll**

And WHEN can we run to the stores and pick up this FABULOUS work???????

wink, wink, nudge, nudge........

Christopherpenczak
June 4th, 2005, 11:22 PM
It will be out in July assuming all the printing goes well...

Christopher

Gede
June 6th, 2005, 03:03 AM
MM Chris!~
I have only recently begun to integrate the principles of Shamanism into my practice and I am learning more and more. It's amazing stuff! I can't wait for your book to come out~

Namaste, Gede...

jaiden
June 6th, 2005, 07:13 PM
It will be out in July assuming all the printing goes well...

Christopher

Excellent - that gives me just enough time to really work through The Witch's Shield that I just picked up ;)

Good stuff! _happydanc
;)

Christopherpenczak
June 13th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Hey Everybody,

I just got two copies back from the printer of Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft. It must say it looks pretty good. This means it should be shipping to stores sometime earlier than expected. If you preordered from Llewellyn or Amazon, it should be ever faster. I know they usually ship it before i see it in the local stores...

If you do have a local metaphyiscal store in your area, please think about ordering it directly from them. By keeping smaller businesses in the community in business, you not only have a place to get tools, incense, herbs, etc... but a meeting place where you can have classes or sometimes have public rituals. As someone who travels the country, I know a lot of stores are being forced to close their doors, and soon there won't be places for me and the other authors to come and visit and do workshops. It would be a shame to lose these wonderful hubs of the pagan community.

Mumsy
June 14th, 2005, 09:28 AM
:hairraise I better get flippin pages! :reading: I'm still sauntering through "Magick of Reiki"!

Ravenna Angellin
July 6th, 2005, 10:21 PM
I just got done ordering The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft from Amazon... I can hardly wait until it arrives!! I already have The Witches' Shield, Inner Temple of Witchcraft and The Outer Temple of Witchcraft... all of which by the way are excellent titles, by the way.

It's funny, I told my teacher about your books and mentioned that many of the things you discuss in your books I remember her speaking about, and she laughed and said "Great! I feel justified in my work because Christopher Penczak teaches the same subjects!!" We both enjoyed reading The Witches' Shield and told all of our friends to read it as well.

Seriously, though, of all the books I've read on various Craft subjects, yours and a handful of other authors are the only ones that don't wind up making me feel like an idiot! I can hardly wait to see what other books you've got up your sleeves! Any sneek peeks for us here?

Keep it up!! I'm glad to see you here!

~ Ravenna Angelline :crazylaug :yourock: :woot:

Christopherpenczak
July 7th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks. I think I feel justified that another teacher is teaching the same subjects I am too. Most of my books are simply my classes in book form. I think modern witchcraft has grown and developed in many different ways, and there is no standard, which can be good, but it's always nice to hear that the things i think are important, that other people feel the same way. Each tradition will have a different way of looking at things, and I think the diversity can only help us.

Many blessings,

Christopher

Ravenna Angellin
July 10th, 2005, 01:42 AM
LOL!! I'm glad that you feel justified as well! Seriously, though, I enjoy these subjects, and I'm very fond of the Witch's Shield. It's hard to find serious books on protection magick and self-defense. And plus the chapter that had quantum physics in it from ITOW was absolutely fascinating. My fiance' has decided that I've lost my mind, I got done reading and was wandering around saying "More... must have more!!"

I enjoy the format you write your books with as well. You've said that they are just classes that you've taught in book format, and you've kept it very similar to the way a class should be taught. The companion cd's are a MAJOR plus too. I thought I knew Craft, but when I started learning from another person, it made a huge difference. Now people without access to a teacher can have the same benefits. Really, you are so totally cool, lol! (Great, now I sound like a groupie!! LOL!)

~ Ravenna Angelline

Christopherpenczak
July 11th, 2005, 06:46 PM
And plus the chapter that had quantum physics in it from ITOW was absolutely fascinating. My fiance' has decided that I've lost my mind, I got done reading and was wandering around saying "More... must have more!!"

thanks so much. I just picked up, upon a recommendation from a student and friend, The Science of the Craft, or Science & the Craft.. I don't have it in front of me just now, but it looks like the more you might be looking for... I'm hoping to dive into it when I get on my next plane ride. Has anybody read it? Looked good at first glance.

Blessings,

Christopher Penczak

Ravenna Angellin
July 11th, 2005, 09:20 PM
WOOT!! Sounds like a good recommendation to me!! I'll be sure to look for that title next time I'm out and about looking for new books to read.

And on a side note... looks like my copy of Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft will be here tomorrow!! Yay, me!

~ Ravenna

Sage Rainsong
July 11th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Sory for hijacking the thread and butting in but have you ever read The Veils edge by willlow Polson. It has a fantastic chapter on the science of witchcraft as well as other dimentions. Its completely blew my mind away. Oh and Mr. Pennczak I love your work as well of course. City witchcraft was very very useful to me when I was living in a college dorm in Boston. SO I want to thank you for that. I really enjoyed the idea of the Shamanic world skyscraper. I also can't wait until Temple of shamanic witchcraft arrives from amazon.

fangedeshana
July 12th, 2005, 12:01 AM
I really want all these books, and the CD compainons.... I think I'll need to win the lottery sometime soon, rofl. But especially The WItches Shield and Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft

Ravenna Angellin
July 12th, 2005, 10:56 AM
If you can only get one... I think my suggestion would be the Witch's Shield... though I know what you mean on the lottery bit! I only ordered The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft book from Amazon. I'll probably order the companion CD's in a few weeks after I pay off some of my other bills. And buy diapers for the baby. And baby food. And the new cool toy (whatever it was) that my 4-yr- old wanted. lol.

There are days where I'm like... "Hrm. Gas in my car or new book by Chris Penczak. Gas in car or new book... I think I'll take the book!!" I know... it's terrible!

My mom is really looking forward to the arrival of my copy of TOSW... we're going to work through it together... so we're excited. Should get here today!!

~ Ravenna :twitch:

Mumsy
July 12th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Again, all I can think of is one of my favorite quotes; "So many books; so little time." :reading:

dragoncrone
July 15th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Hey Everybody,...
If you do have a local metaphyiscal store in your area, please think about ordering it directly from them.

Greetings Christopher, it's a pleasure to e-meet you. I always make it a point to steer people to their local independent bookstore (or metaphysical shop if available), they are the ones who keep us less-than-mainstream authors going. Thanks for endorsing them!

Cruise on down the list and visit me here in the circle - Candy Taylor Tutt
:reading: Blessings!

Ben Gruagach
July 17th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I just wanted to mention that I saw copies of "Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft" in the local Barnes & Noble. I wasn't able to buy a copy yet, but I will be soon.

Congrats! It looks really good.

Christopherpenczak
July 18th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I just wanted to mention that I saw copies of "Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft" in the local Barnes & Noble. I wasn't able to buy a copy yet, but I will be soon.

Thanks Ben. I've heard people have had a hard time finding it, so the fact that it's out is great. Thanks for letting me know. I hope you enjoy it when you get it. I'm working on the sequal, Temple of High Witchcraft as I type. Well, ok, I'm on a break, but you know what I mean...

Christopher

Anubis RainHawk
July 18th, 2005, 09:55 PM
I got my copy of the book about 2 weeks and the cd companion the other day. I'm holding off on the series until Samhain, probably. They look very interesting and I await reading and enjoying the text and cds :)

Anubis RainHawk

fangedeshana
July 27th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Turns out I didn't have to win the lottery - my mother and my partner are buying me a fair bit of reading material for my birthday which includes:

The Inner Temple of Witchcraft, The Outer Temple of Witchcraft, The Witches Shield, City Magick and perhaps even The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft too, if I'm a good girl! This is the first time I've been excited about my birthday comming up! :P

Lezli
July 29th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Well, happy birthday to you! ;) You'll be busy, but happy, eh?
Lezli

Lezli
August 1st, 2005, 08:35 PM

I FINALLY got my copy! I was trying to hold out until I found it in a local bookshop, but I'd checked in every pagan and new age shop in the area. I just gave up and ordered off amazon.com. Now, to work!

Christopherpenczak
August 14th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Wow. I'm honored. I hope you enjoy and most importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Blessings,

Christopher

David19
August 15th, 2005, 02:55 PM
It sounds really cool and i've enjoyed others books by you christopher like Sons of the goddess, but is it out in england yet and (this might be off topic) city magick out in the UK since i think i'd like to get both of those (well i'd like to get all of them but i haven't won the lottery yet and have nearly ran out of my student loan :D)

Auroro
August 19th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Merry Meet Christopher,
How are you today? I am well. I would just like to say that I purchased your two books today, The Inner Temple of Witchcraft and The Outer Temple of Witchcraft, and as of so far, I am very impressed and moved by your words. In fact, in the reading I've done yet so far in the first of the two, your words have already helped to begin a reformation and a more detialed drawing of my spirituality. Thank you. But that is beside the point. I have been learning Modern Celtic Shamanism through D.J. Conway's book, By Ash, Oak, and Thorn (or something like that) for some time now. The Shamanic ways have always intrigued me and I cannot wait to purchase your third installment. I'll be looking for it on the shelves of the shop I regularly visit. So for now, have a great day.

Blessed be.
Whisper.

Christopherpenczak
August 26th, 2005, 11:08 PM
David - yes, everything should be out in the UK a well as the US. It was just released in the US, but Llewellyn is usually good about getting things to UK Distributors.

Whisper - Thank you so much for the kind words. I really enjoyed Oak, Ash and Thorn too. Recently I just read Cauldron of the Gods by Jan Fries. I loved his other works on Norse Shamanism and Runes.

Blessings,

Christopher Penczak

fangedeshana
September 2nd, 2005, 03:08 AM
I only just got the books I mentioned, recently and have started on The Inner Temple. I'm very, very happy I decided on your books Chris! I love how you step away from the "how-to" about all the over-done alter setting up, corrospondence, filling a lot up in how to do spells, etc. I love that you back up all that you say, and give reasoning to it - it's the very thing I have been looking for for atleast 2 years now... and I agree with all I have read, though my theories have come from intuition, small pockets of personal exsperience and interpretation. It's nice to hear someone else say it too. You also have help me make my foundation a lot more solid, and I am able to discuss my spirituality with a lot more flow and comfortablity that I used to.

Wow, so much for a book I'm not even done with yet... lol. Oh, and the cover's are awesome ;)

Once I'm done with this little collection, I am sure I will look into purchasing Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft too.

Sage WindMoon
October 3rd, 2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks Ben. I've heard people have had a hard time finding it, so the fact that it's out is great. Thanks for letting me know. I hope you enjoy it when you get it. I'm working on the sequal, Temple of High Witchcraft as I type. Well, ok, I'm on a break, but you know what I mean...

Christopher

I wonder why the books are hard to find in some areas. My local library has all of them!

GalenaFaolan
October 3rd, 2005, 11:47 PM
My local library has the books also. I checked them out there first and then went out and bought Inner Temple, Outer Temple and Witch's Shield. I love them!!! I really want the new one too but can't afford it right now. Maybe soon.......

Rowan MoonDragon
October 4th, 2005, 10:53 PM
I just puchased the Temple of Shamanic Withcraft over the weekend and I LOVE IT! Its absolutely awesome! Its exactly what I was looking for. Its the first one of your books that I've read but it certainly wont be the last.

yavanna
October 13th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Chris, I love your books. They're a step above anything else out there right now. I just got your shamanic witchcraft book and I am so looking forward to reading it. Keep up the good work :D

Christopherpenczak
October 13th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks Yavanna. I'm putting the finishing touches on the next one, due our early next year, called Instant Magick. It's not a witchcraft book, but a book about magick, without tools, aimed at anyone who wants to add magick to their life, and view their life from a magickal perspective. It will take some of the material in Inner Temple of Witchcraft, on instant magick and instant magick triggers, and expand upon it.

Blessings,

Christopher

yavanna
October 13th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks Yavanna. I'm putting the finishing touches on the next one, due our early next year, called Instant Magick. It's not a witchcraft book, but a book about magick, without tools, aimed at anyone who wants to add magick to their life, and view their life from a magickal perspective. It will take some of the material in Inner Temple of Witchcraft, on instant magick and instant magick triggers, and expand upon it.

Blessings,

Christopher

Sound awesome, I can't wait. I loved the instant magic section of the Inner Temple book!

Autumn-Forest
November 8th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I'm awaiting your Shamanic Temple book. I'm going to get it soon and I just finished the Outer Temple of Witchcraft and I must say, Chris, that you are a step above the rest and you provide a foundation to work on. I absoultely am a fan and can't get enough of your awesome teachings. They are very easy to teach yourself by and I praise you for this. I am excitedly waiting to go and pick up your new book in the series as well as awaiting for your Instant Magick book! Thank you for awesome books, in love, light and blessings!

yours,
Autumn

Teresa
November 10th, 2005, 02:52 AM
Thanks for writing these books! It is wonderful to see such well written books out there now a days for people. I have recommended You books to quite a few people because it makes it easier for them to learn solo .

Danu Brigid Sulla
November 12th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I cannot wait to get this book!! I've been studying shamanism and witchcraft, but as two separate issues. It is great to find a book that puts both together. I never felt like I wanted to choose between these two paths. I've always felt that both were my path and part of who I am and want to become.
As soon as I can afford it, I am definitely getting this book-plus the CD!!
Many Blessings,
Danu Brigid Sulla

Christopherpenczak
November 24th, 2005, 12:28 AM
I never wanted to choose between shamanism and witchcraft, and the more I practice, the more I see how compatible witchcraft is with so many other disciplines. It takes the strands of wisdom into its foundation from all over the world.

Book 4 in the Temple of Witchcraft series is about the intersection of Witchcraft and Ceremonial Magick, tentatively titled The Temple of High Witchcraft. It should be released in 2007 if I can finish it soon.

Blessings,

Christopher

powder_tears
June 29th, 2006, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry if anyone has already asked this and I'm just repeating a question, but how many books are going to be in this series? I own the Inner and Outer Temples books, and just recently found that the third was out. I had originally thought there were going to be four, is this correct?

By the way, I love both the Inner and Outer Temples books!

Christopherpenczak
July 11th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Merry meet,

There will be five main text books to the series. The fourth is the Temple of High Witchcraft due out in Fall of 97 and then The Living Temple of Witchcraft, no release. There may possibly be a Book of Shadows and a tarot deck as well, but that's pretty far off for me.

Blessings,

Christopher

Lezli
July 11th, 2006, 08:53 PM
There will be five main text books to the series. The fourth is the Temple of High Witchcraft due out in Fall of 97 and then The Living Temple of Witchcraft, no release.

As per usual, I've really enjoyed working through The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft. (You always expect so much from us, which we quite appreciate.) I'm looking forward to the next (Fall '97?? LOL), but am particularly interested to hear about the fifth book On what will you focus for the Living Temple book?

Thanks so much for all of your hard work,
Lezli

Anubis RainHawk
July 12th, 2006, 12:11 AM
As per usual, I've really enjoyed working through The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft. (You always expect so much from us, which we quite appreciate.) I'm looking forward to the next (Fall '97?? LOL), but am particularly interested to hear about the fifth book On what will you focus for the Living Temple book?

Thanks so much for all of your hard work,
Lezli

From what I know, 'The Living Temple of Witchcraft' will be the fifth and final book in the series and will focus on what it means to be a minister of the Craft. I believe it focuses on the element of spirit.

Ravenna Angellin
July 12th, 2006, 12:39 PM
I'm really excited for the final two books in the series to come out (okay, so I'm ridiculously impatient, but hey!). However, I'm curious, will the next two books also feature companion CD sets? I really love the ones that I have (all three sets, baby yeah!) and find them to be immensely helpful.

~ Ravenna

Anubis RainHawk
July 12th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I'm really excited for the final two books in the series to come out (okay, so I'm ridiculously impatient, but hey!). However, I'm curious, will the next two books also feature companion CD sets? I really love the ones that I have (all three sets, baby yeah!) and find them to be immensely helpful.

~ Ravenna

From what I know, the remaining books will also have companion CDs.

Ravenna Angellin
July 13th, 2006, 12:32 AM
SWEET!!

~ Ravenna

Christopherpenczak
July 15th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Anubis should just be my spokesperson. ;)

The Living Temple of Witchcraft's subtitle is Mystery, Ministry and the Magickal Life. It will have a focus on the element of spirit, on witchcraft as a mystery school and using the chakras and the twelve zodiac signs as the teaching themes. It will have practical advice on service to the community through living the magickal life.

There will be CDs for both Temple of High Witchcraft and The Living Temple of Witchcraft

They will mostly likely be followed by a Temple of Witchcraft Book of Shadows and a tarot deck.

Blessings,

Christopher

Anubis RainHawk
July 15th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Anubis should just be my spokesperson. ;)

So true ^_^

Lezli
July 19th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the info, Anubis. Oooo, now I'm really excited for the final book! :) That makes perfect sense. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.
Lezli

ShadowStalker
April 14th, 2007, 02:44 PM
I bought this today, along with the other two. Of all the occult books in the New Age section... yours stood out for me. :) So I bought 'em!

Looking forward to reading them.

darkchild
October 9th, 2007, 09:19 PM
I have enjoyed this book very much, so much information to process...

occultish
January 17th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Wow.. I am slow. I didn't even SEE there were author forums on here! Hah.

Well, let me just say that I am reading this book on my Kindle (YAY) and I am LOVING it. I even purchased an mp3 shamanic drumbeats CD from Amazon and have been meditating while listening.

I have had dreams before starting all this (the same nights as a friend of mine) about traveling up and down a very large tree. And when I was meditating/trancing, I felt like I was falling down a tunnel. But it was an exciting, pleasant feeling. Not so scary. I look forward to trancing more often.