PDA

View Full Version : Telekinesis - Can You? Can I?

instinct
June 7th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Telekinesis is something I've always aspired to. Not always seriously though.. more of a "If only..."

Recently I feel I've been getting closer to the mind set I think I'll need to be able to believe I can move things.. with my head :foh:

So a few things I'd like to open up for discussion:

1. Is it actually possible?

2. Can you do it? Do you know someone who has these powers?

3. How do you think it works?

4. What do you think the limitations are? If any.. I mean.. floating feathers and flying buses are a bit different..

5. How do you suggest I go about learning this "skill"? (and please don't say practice. I don't even know what I'm looking (feeling) for!)

and finally..

6. Do you think I'm crazy? :T

AstralMagick
June 7th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Yes indeedy, I believe it is.
Not unless they've kept it secret, though I am working on it.
I don't know what you mean by this. If 'how are you able to obtain the 'skill', then my answer is Some part is natural talent, but everyone can work up to a certain point.
4. What do you think the limitations are? If any.. I mean.. floating feathers and flying buses are a bit different..
I'd say the best the average person would be able to do is something like text book (with practice)
5. How do you suggest I go about learning this "skill"? (and please don't say practice. I don't even know what I'm looking (feeling) for!)
I think that you should just have the will to move something and it'll listen. It's not quite like that, but I'm terrible at explaining many things, so I wont try.
and finally..

6. Do you think I'm crazy? No.

SoulHealer
June 7th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Yes

Sort of

Everything is really just a twirling mass of atoms nothing really is 100% solid sort of thingy

I don't believe there is a limitation as such....just nobody has reached that stage yet (hey maybe that is where flying pigs come from!)

Visualise what you are trying to do and the inner most core of the object (yes i know its more technically then that but its a good starting point)

and finally..

6. Do you think I'm crazy? :T[/QUOTE]

Yes....but all the best people are crazy......sanity is boring come join the crazy club :dancy:

Tulip Tree
June 7th, 2005, 07:45 AM
PsiPog.net (http://www.psipog.net/articles.php?ref=8040) has a very simple primer for telekinesis. Enjoy!

Galaxia
June 7th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Ω

Keith Dragon
June 7th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Telekinesis is something I've always aspired to. Not always seriously though.. more of a "If only..."

Recently I feel I've been getting closer to the mind set I think I'll need to be able to believe I can move things.. with my head :foh:

Answer to your questions:

Yes, simple as that.

Not directly, but I have in dreams, and have been using dreams to study the mechanics of it. I have used telepathy though, and I believe if one exists, so does the other.

Quantum Mechanics. Our consicousness works and operates within the Quantum realm. That is what we call our thoughts are a holographic web of electrical impulses travelling at the speed of light through a neuro network, creating a field of energy. And being that it works on the quantum level, it is subject to the Uncertainty Principle.

Scientific experiments have been done, within a margin of error, that show on a small scale, that human thoughts can effect computer systems.

A good book is this:

The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060931175/qid=1118173413/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-7041094-7515932 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060931175//ref=nosim/mysticwickson-20)

Also, a great place to practice is within your dreams. If you do not have a strong sense of Dream Control, then Telekinesis will not work for you. It starts with Dreams.

There is no limitation, only the limits one puts on their own imagination. However, there is a failsafe, and that is the Ego. If you do it from the Ego as a Parlor Trick, then it will not work. For example: Have you learned a new talent, practice real hard, and then tell someone to "Watch This" and then all of a sudden you cannot do it. There you go. It has to be done with the proper intentions, though there are always exceptions to the rule.

First, Dreams. Dreams offer the perfect location to practice spiritual techniques, such as Telekinesis, Pyrotechnics, Telepathy, Teleportation, and Manifestation, as well as other things. Dreams are the perfect Virutal Reality for the Spirit. In the real world, again, the Ego gets in the way. I have found that the more you let your Ego go, and control it rather then it control you, you have more access to spitiual abilities, including Empathy.

Secondly, Meditation. To accomplish these things, you must have complete mind control, and there is no better tool than meditation. And remember that meditation only begins on the mat, but the goal and intent is to incorporate meditation into everything you do, and that means having a balanced mind.

Thirdly, balance you mind, that is seek to find a balance where you right and left hemispheres are working together, and not fighting one another, which is most oftne the case. Think of the two hemispheres of the brain as two diferent eyes, and together the focus and give a clearer picture of reality. When in sync with one another, they open the third part of the brain which is connected to your third eye.

There are many exercises for this, and I have created some meditation drawings that help balance the mind, and clear the gunk out of it.

Fourthly, begin exerciseing your creative muscles. That is, draw, sketch, doodle, creative writing, music, anything that opens up the right mind. Creativity has a lot of secrets within it, and ask any artist about the "Edge" or "Zone", and they will tell you that through creativity, a conduit opens up that connects you with the Universal energy or consciousness.

Also, open you mind, and ears. Listen for leads, be patient, and practice daily.

And finally, do not have any expectations. Why? Cause it takes time, andif you put expectations on it and they don't happen, it will discourage you. And if you "THINK" it won't happen, then your right, it won't happen. But if you do, then it will, of course in time.

Oh, and one more thing, be patient. It is not something that happens immediately, or overnight, and could possible take years. This was the hardest lesson for me. Especially with Dream Control. And if you think you are good at something, trust me, you are not, because the bottom always has a way of throughing humble pie in your face. Just when you think you are getting to the end of the Rabbit Hole, you realize, you are only reaching the starting line.

Anything I missed, feel free to ask.

Keith

Not as crazy as I am, but then again, that remains to be seen. :lol:

instinct
June 7th, 2005, 10:04 PM
ooh. great! wonderful responses! thank you all! :hugz:

I have a lot to think about now. And a lot of practicing to do.

Interesting about the comment on dreams and dream control as recently I've been working on that too. My mind is difficult to control at the best of times, so things like that and meditation are really good for me. Learning to focus is good.

If I ever get a cargo ship on top of a skyscraper I'll be sure to let everyone know :lol:

Necrosapien
June 7th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Sure, anything is possible.
Yup. It's taken me a bit of work, but I can do it.
I agree with the Quantum explanation. I figure that we just don't quite understand the mechanics of it yet. Especially if it works at the Quantum level, we may never understand it (hehehe, gotta love the uncertanty principle!)
I'm not sure. I would have to see it to believe it, but the possibilities may be limitless. Then again, if it takes a certain amount of energy, then the amount of energy used would limit the ability to perform it. It it's energy we direct or funnel, then I would say that with practice, one could use TK on anything. If the energy comes from ourselves (like burning calories, let's say) then that would be limited to the amount of energy we could produce.
Definately check out PsiPog. That's where I went. It's the best site I've found yet.

and finally..

6. Do you think I'm crazy?
Of course not :yayah:

SoulHealer
June 8th, 2005, 04:05 AM
If I ever get a cargo ship on top of a skyscraper I'll be sure to let everyone know :lol:

I think the press might let us know anyway :lol: If I tune into the news tonight and see that reported I'm blaming you :lol:

instinct
June 8th, 2005, 06:25 AM
:2G:

it was not I... it was.. uh... him *points in random direction*

:imout:

ElectrumBennu
June 9th, 2005, 10:05 PM

So a few things I'd like to open up for discussion:

and finally..

First off, you are NOT crazy. Second, it is most definitely possible. *grin* Regarding limitations, let me phrase it with a quote: "Size matters not."

As to how it works, frankly, I have no idea. I just know that it does (though my own success has been minor, at best... telepathy and clairaudience are my strong points). How one can learn this skill? I'm not sure. Best bet is to ask around, perhaps someone knows more than I.

9-2-2
June 10th, 2005, 12:59 AM
We're trying to get more people interested in a tk class over at Circle of Teaching.

"Oh my, look what happened by accident!" -Scarecrow, from Family Guy (http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=95349)

zur
June 30th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Sorry to sound negative, but... It is not possible, no one can do it, it doesn't work, there are no limitations (because it's not real), it can't be learned, and you are probably not crazy.

One could come up with all sorts of quasi-scientific arguments in favor of why telekinesis should work (based on Quantum mechanics, Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle, and so forth), but these are all very vague and fallacious arguments. There is no single trace of evidence, no theory, not even the slightest indication that telekinesis is possible.

If you need to move something, for instance a cup in front of you, it's very easy to do it. Just grab it with your hand (or whatever limb you choose) and move it. It's as simple as that. And if you really (!) think about it, this is quite fantastic.

I think the time and energy invested in practicing telekinesis (or trying to put yourself in the right mindset) will be more or less wasted. Of course, you may gain something by thinking in a particular way for an extended period of time. Perhaps you will get some practice in concentrating, thinking creatively, opening up to new ways of thinking, etc. But there are far better ways to achieve this than to expect them as possible byproducts of a dead end process.

Again, I'm sorry to come of as negative. I'm just offering an alternative here, and I'm convinced that you will be far better off if you focus the energy you are willing to devote to telekinesis into something more reachable.

:smile:

Zibblsnrt
June 30th, 2005, 01:42 PM
If you need to move something, for instance a cup in front of you, it's very easy to do it. Just grab it with your hand (or whatever limb you choose) and move it. It's as simple as that. And if you really (!) think about it, this is quite fantastic.

Reminds me of something a friend of mine wrote a few years ago that I've made a point of keeping in mind a lot:

There's something small on the desk or whatever piece of furniture that your computer is on. A mouse, a scrap of paper, a pencil. Reach over and pick it up. Look at it, examine it, feel its weight or lack thereof. Now, put it down, wherever you like.

You just changed the world.

You just changed the world; is it not marvelous?

No, really...I mean it. Is it not marvelous? It is! It really is! Don't take your existance for granted. Don't think that just because it seems simple, that it is.

Firstly, if you followed these instructions, you decided to do what I told you to do. You changed yourself. And as an expression of your will -- it's that simple, isn't it, moving something small near you? It's just as simple as willing it, almost -- you reached out, and changed the world. You changed the positions of a billion atoms, in yourself and outside of yourself -- think about that for a moment, you changed something outside of yourself, with a mere application of your will. Energy flowed from you and into the object as you picked it up and transferred kinetic energy to it. You burned energy in the miniature molecular furnaces that are your mitochondria, creating the energy that was required to make your muscles move. Simply by existing, you change the world, constantly. Add will, and the ability to exert it, and the possibilities approach infinity.

Protagonist
June 30th, 2005, 07:23 PM
In regards to the "You just changed the world" snippet, that's really a marvelous and perspective-changing bit, that.

9-2-2
July 1st, 2005, 10:23 AM
Sorry to sound negative, but... It is not possible, no one can do it, it doesn't work, there are no limitations (because it's not real), it can't be learned, and you are probably not crazy.

If you don't believe it's possible, that's fine. At least you're not one of those types who go spouting "tk is not real, & u r crazy if u beleev it is!!!1" types, which is rather refreshing.

One could come up with all sorts of quasi-scientific arguments in favor of why telekinesis should work (based on Quantum mechanics, Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle, and so forth), but these are all very vague and fallacious arguments. There is no single trace of evidence, no theory, not even the slightest indication that telekinesis is possible.

I don't tend to excuse my practices with scientific b.s.... I just do it, plain and simple. But there are plenty of tk theories out there on the web, you just have to look for them. As for no proof... if you mean recorded and documented evidence, you might be incorrect. There might be video recordings of tk in action. But the strongest proof I've found is the experiences of others. Why is "proof!!!" so necessary to change one's belief, and why does changing one's belief even matter anyway? Some of us have done it, instinct wants to learn. Isn't that enough?

This is an important fact for people wanting to learn tk for the first time. A lot of tk newbies romanticize the notion that they will be throwing soda cans around the room or lifting cars, when in reality it's better and less of a waste of energy to get a jack to lift the car, or to get off of one's bum to get yourself a can of soda.

I think the time and energy invested in practicing telekinesis (or trying to put yourself in the right mindset) will be more or less wasted. Of course, you may gain something by thinking in a particular way for an extended period of time. Perhaps you will get some practice in concentrating, thinking creatively, opening up to new ways of thinking, etc. But there are far better ways to achieve this than to expect them as possible byproducts of a dead end process.

Telekinesis isn't a waste, or a dead end process. Like all other avenues of magick, it's just another study and practice.

Again, I'm sorry to come of as negative. I'm just offering an alternative here, and I'm convinced that you will be far better off if you focus the energy you are willing to devote to telekinesis into something more reachable.

:smile:

You're not coming off as negative, and not doing tk is a valid alternative. But let's have instinct decide if he wants to do it, and if he does, then that's all good and well. :)

Jodyg
July 1st, 2005, 01:21 PM
I have been thinking pretty hard on this same very subject and to Keith Dragon that was a great discription. I have been working with my guides about this subject in the past week or so and I am starting to feel the right mind set.

I think paths to physic abilitys are as differn't to each person as the path they take for there spiritual growth. So by considering that and taking in the advice giving by ones that can achieve it I believe one can do it. But as stated if you don't believe then I don't think a person can do it. Since I believe that learning physic abilities are very differn't for each person then I think the focus should be as much about the person as it is the actual ability. I am experimenting with some techniques myself to see how they work for me.

There was that story of that guy in the early or mid 1900s in Floridia that built a home out of huge boulders that weighed several tons and reports of people seeing him levitating the boulders himself. Be that fantasy or fact its hard to fathom a single guy moving boulders the size of voltswagons with a simple home made pully/boom system as he claimed he did it. When he moved his home he disaseambled the structure by himself and had a flatbed truck to come transport the rocks and he would send the driver away and he somehow would have the truck loaded with boulders that normally would take cranes to move for when the driver came back. Now that part is pretty hard to discredit since it is a known fact he moved is home and had trucks transport the disassemabled rock home.

I had saw this on the history channel years ago and it has always been in the back of my mind for some reason.

SoulHealer
July 1st, 2005, 01:39 PM
Here is a "not to bad" link for those wishing to learn (assuming you think it can be learnt lol)
http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm217946.html (http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm217946.html)

Anyway what does anyone think about poltergiest activity being linked to telekinesis? (i.e the its not a ghost its an emotional teen causing objects to fly around the room theory)

mtpathy
July 1st, 2005, 04:55 PM
i have experienced telekenises in dreams several times,as well as ive had a woman
teach me how to fly by pushing me off of a mountain,and destroy a whole building by
saying "no".
in meditation i can as well become animals by chasing the animal im trying to become.
does it make it any less significant because it didnt take place in the physical world?
no i dont believe it does make a difference,its still just as true and real because i experienced
it.
salutations

Zibblsnrt
July 1st, 2005, 04:56 PM
As for no proof... if you mean recorded and documented evidence, you might be incorrect. There might be video recordings of tk in action.

I've seen the videos; they're not terribly convincing. More to the point, they're terribly unconvincing.

Most of them appear staged, and every one I've seen is the same thing - someone cupping his hands around a metal object on a table (coincidentally, just close enough to be able to touch it briefly if need be), making it move in contact to "psychic" nudges which are actually handtaps. In other cases, I've actually heard the magnet being slid around beneath the table. The next convincing evidence of it I see will be the first.

The especially hilarious ones are when people cite still photos of themselves, hands cupped around something sitting on a table, as "proof" of their telekinetic powers. Next on Incredulity Theatre, I demonstrate that I'm fluent in Sanskrit using only a photo of myself with my mouth open.

But the strongest proof I've found is the experiences of others. Why is "proof!!!" so necessary to change one's belief, and why does changing one's belief even matter anyway?

I like not having to assume people are lying, myself. I've seen too many spectacular claims of mental powers which people not only can't, but won't demonstrate. The usual excuses (I've heard all of these; the children one is slightly hyperbolized, but the person did claim using her "abilities" caused loved ones to fall ill. Clearly she'd read Everything Jake recently):

* Don't take this so lightly! It's not a parlor trick, it's (terribly serious|a critical aspect of my spiritual life|so terribly draining that children die each time I do it|whatever)! (Right, that's why you turn it into a boasting point all the time.)

* Oh, it's too subtle for you to notice. (Bull.)

* You're not ready to see this kind of thing. (Bull.)

* I can't do it at will, it takes lots of preparation and stuff. (Unless there's no witnesses around, given how often you brag. I'm willing to wait through your preparation, unless my presence makes that impossible to work. It does? How convenient.)

* Skeptics drain my ability; this only works around other believers. (See above.)

etc etc etc. The fact of the matter is, if someone makes all those dodges, I stop assuming they're a telekinetic and start assuming they're a liar. I'm generally correct to do so.

Why's proof important? Because, absent proof, all I've got is someone shooting their mouth off about powers they're surprisingly reluctant to demonstrate. That isn't telekinesis, it's hot air.

In short, if I see a claim, I want evidence for it. If people get insulted by my wanting to see some kind of evidence and refuse to put up, then that's proof of an altogether different and far less surprising idea.

Zibblsnrt
July 1st, 2005, 04:59 PM
does it make it any less significant because it didnt take place in the physical world?

Well .... yes.

9-2-2
July 1st, 2005, 08:57 PM
Well .... yes.

Why is something less significant if it can't be trapped in the limitations of the 5 senses?

Aquarian_Moon
July 1st, 2005, 10:28 PM
I believe that telekenisis exists quite commonly in our world. I also think that there's not too many people who can do very much with it either, even with prolonged practice, but then there's still a minority of people who probably can. No limits, in my view, as to what can be accomplished. But not an ability that's very useful either, though great for increasing concentration and spirituality.

9-2-2
July 1st, 2005, 10:40 PM
Yeah, so far it's not all that useful. But I like to have fun with psychic ability, I do fun crap all the time... I'm not just limited to summoning cheese elementals, heheh. Wobbling coffee cups and getting a little bit of a rise out of co-workers is awesome... "OMG, MY PLACE OF WORK IS HAUNTED!!!1" lol

Zibblsnrt
July 1st, 2005, 11:56 PM
Why is something less significant if it can't be trapped in the limitations of the 5 senses?

Because most dreams aren't real. If I have a dream in which I'm flying, that doesn't mean I can fly. The dreams happen all the time, but I'm not going to put them to a test; I know for certain that I can only fly unassisted in one direction, and only for limited periods of time. With some assistance, I can produce a nice parabola. That's it, regardless of what might happen during a REM cycle.

As with any other individual with a healthy imagination, I get all kinds of wacky powers or experiences in my dreams which have no bearing on my real-world powers and little bearing on my real-world experiences. It'd be great if they could, but they can't.

"I have telekinesis in dreams, therefore I'm a telekinetic" is only marginally more convincing than "I can pretend I'm a telekinetic, therefore I'm a telekinetic."

9-2-2
July 2nd, 2005, 12:12 AM
Because most dreams aren't real. If I have a dream in which I'm flying, that doesn't mean I can fly. The dreams happen all the time, but I'm not going to put them to a test; I know for certain that I can only fly unassisted in one direction, and only for limited periods of time. With some assistance, I can produce a nice parabola. That's it, regardless of what might happen during a REM cycle.

As with any other individual with a healthy imagination, I get all kinds of wacky powers or experiences in my dreams which have no bearing on my real-world powers and little bearing on my real-world experiences. It'd be great if they could, but they can't.

"I have telekinesis in dreams, therefore I'm a telekinetic" is only marginally more convincing than "I can pretend I'm a telekinetic, therefore I'm a telekinetic."

I don't understand. Are you, overall, trying to indicate that only dreams exist outside of the physical? And that people only "pretend" with their abilities, and that it's all some half-baked daydream? There are plenty of talents and abilities that exist outside of the limits of the 5 senses, such as healing, biofeedback, entropy, scrying, telepathy, divination, etc. Are they only "pretend", too? Or is this simply what you believe? :huh:

dr_zeus440
July 2nd, 2005, 06:06 AM

you seem very confident in your description of reality. thats not to say that i disagree (or agree) with you.

Zibblsnrt
July 2nd, 2005, 01:15 PM
I don't understand. Are you, overall, trying to indicate that only dreams exist outside of the physical? And that people only "pretend" with their abilities, and that it's all some half-baked daydream? There are plenty of talents and abilities that exist outside of the limits of the 5 senses, such as healing, biofeedback, entropy, scrying, telepathy, divination, etc. Are they only "pretend", too? Or is this simply what you believe? :huh:

Well, yeah, I'm generally convinced that dreams are simply dreams; self-referential mental maintenance performed two or three times a night to maintain the health of a complex brain and mind, during which recent experiences, emotions, stresses and thoughts both subtle and otherwise are examined and catalogued. Some of the things caught in them are amazing enough without claiming we leave the universe every time we hit a REM cycle.

The elements of the 'paranormal' things I do believe in are more often than not subsets of the five senses - results of learning to use them, not some additional, physics-defying powers. The couple of incidents I've had of things beyond that were both fairly subtle and (to me) fairly inexplicable.

There's a reason I don't go around stating my own beliefs on the paranormal constantly: if I don't understand something, I don't pretend otherwise by claiming confidence on it. This is a Problem in today's society, as I'm sure anyone reading this can agree.

What I am trying to indicate is that yes, events in dreams do not necessarily have some bearing on reality. It's quite easy to see that if someone can do X in a dream, it does not mean they can do X outside of them. Yes, I'm going to chuckle when people claim they have some superpower - but only when they're in REM mode. I see that as an admission that said power does not exist.

And yes, I believe that at least most claims of supernatural powers are playing pretend, or half-baked daydreams. That's because most such claims are. The few that don't immediately twig my BS detector, I'm still patiently waiting for more evidence for - and yes, this includes my own experiences.

you seem very confident in your description of reality.

Why yes, I do; I spend most of my time there.

9-2-2
July 2nd, 2005, 08:44 PM
Why yes, I do; I spend most of my time there.

lol... I like you, man. While I may disagree with some of your words, you're still pretty quick. :hmmmmm: