PDA

View Full Version : Fav Movie Quotes

Da Witch
October 25th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Illuminatus and I are chatting and we somehow got on the topic of movies and started spewing out some of our favorite quotes here are some of mine:

We're a generation raised by women..do you really think another woman is the answer Tyler Durton- Fight Club

"Our generation has no great wars........we have no great depression. Our Great war is a spiritual one.......Our great depression..............is our lives" Tyler Durton- Fight Club

Theres alot more I just can't think right now.............too muck blood in my caffine stream

loopy
October 25th, 2001, 10:35 AM
Let's see...

"Damn the Man!" ~Empire Records

"Does Elvis talk to you? Does he... tell you to do things? Do you see spots?" and "Excuse much, rude or anything?" ~Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Ack.. this is one of those topics where you have so many in your head, but you go to type them out and nada... :D:D

Starlight
October 25th, 2001, 10:37 AM
I love Empire Records

"I don't regret the things I've done but those I did not do"-Lucas

"what's with you today lucas..yesterday you were normal and today your like the old guy form the karate kid...what's with you today Lucas??"-AJ
"What's with today today?"-Lucas

"Hey who glued these quarters down?"-Warren
"I did!" -Aj
"What the hell for man?"
"I don't feel I have to explain my art to you Warren!!"-Aj

:lol: :T

emraldshadowcat
October 25th, 2001, 11:04 AM
My favorite quote is "It can't rain all the time" Brandon Lee in "The Crow"

faeriedust
October 25th, 2001, 01:41 PM
that is my all time favorite toooo.... i love the crow

StormChaser
October 25th, 2001, 02:39 PM
"Together they will learn there can be
no good without evil....No love without
hate....No heaven without hell....No light
without darkness.

The harmony of the Universe
depends upon an eternal balance. Out
of the struggle to maintain this balance
comes the birth of Legends..."

~Legend
------------------
"I had hoped to present a little angel but I suppose you'll have to do."
~Auguste

"Nothing is final until you're dead and even then, I'm sure God negotiates."~ The Baroness

Ever After
----------------------

Allison Reynolds: Well, if you say you haven't, you're a prude. If you say you have you're a slut. It's a trap. You want to but you can't, and when you do you wish you didn't, right?
~The Breakfast Club

Starlight
October 25th, 2001, 03:39 PM
My favourite one from a sad movie is:

"As a woman I realize how lucky I am because I was there when that wonderful creature drifted into my life ....and I was there when it drifted out!"-Malin form"Steel Magnolias" :wah:

This movie made me cry beyond belief. I've watched it about 20 times and I still cry at those same parts.I love it.

Laiste
October 25th, 2001, 03:47 PM
"this is the really-real world"

and

"FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP!"

both from The Crow

Xander67
October 25th, 2001, 05:56 PM
here are a few of mine,

"dude it's Ozzy" little nicky.at the end of the movie
"ape must not kill ape" planet of the apes"

hanibal...
"but what about the MOney?"
"are you paying attention to me EX special agent starling?"

meet the parents
"jinxi did not flush the toliet, he's a CAT for christ's sake"
"he doesnt even have any thumbs faulker"

Buffy, 10/23
"Giles " as she looks at the check...."this is too much,.........im kepping the money"

Armitage
October 25th, 2001, 06:04 PM
'Nothing is trivial.' -The Crow
'Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?'- Batman (the only good one, I might add)
'...Choose life.' -Trainspotting
'Fly, fat*ss, fly!' -Mallrats
All I can think of now. ^_^

gunner
October 25th, 2001, 06:17 PM
as will surprise absolutely no one, one of my favorites is:

"go ahead...., make my day"

Dolphin's Eye
October 25th, 2001, 06:47 PM
"She turned me into a nute!"
"A nute?"
"I got better..."

--Monty Python, holy grail

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You saved our lives, we are eternaly greatful"

--Toy story 2

"If you see a tunnel, don't go to the light!!!!!!"

--Shrek

"Oh lord, bless this thy handgranade, that with it thy may blow thy enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.."

--Thought you'd get away with just one Monty Python?

There is alot more ofcourse...

Da Witch
October 25th, 2001, 07:25 PM
"I had hoped to present a little angel but I suppose you'll have to do."
~Auguste

"Nothing is final until you're dead and even then, I'm sure God negotiates."~ The Baroness

Ever After

Another fav of mine

"Internet, what the F@!# is the internet" Jay- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

SpikesPet5150
October 25th, 2001, 10:13 PM
Sorry if this post becomes entirely too long.. but I've got lots! :) mwahahahahahahaha (evil laugh)

All from "Dream a Little Dream."

Dinger: "What was that 'Heh' sound, Bobby?"
Bobby: "'Heh'.. it's the way I laugh.. you know.. heh?"
Dinger: "What the hell is 'heh'?? Why can't you laugh like a man????"

"They gave each other a smile with a future in it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

From "Clerks"

"There's nothing more exhilerating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?"

"Try not to suck any **** on your way through the parking lot!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a couple from Buffy (even though it's not a movie).. I won't put my whole list on here, cause it's 9 pages long..... hahaha

"Bottom line is even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. So what are we? Helpless? Puppets? No The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. Thats when you find out who you are. You'll see what I mean. " ~Whistler (Becomming part 1)

"And the only person I can stand to be around is a neutered vampire who cheats at kitten poker!!!" ~Buffy (10/23)

Giles: "In order to be worthy, you must perform the ritual... in a tutu. Pillock."
Angelus: "Alright, someone get the chainsaw!" (Becomming part 2)

"Well then let's do something. Let's find the demon and kick the crap out of it."~Giles (from Band Candy.. when Giles was all Ripper-ish... sexy sexy man.)

"It might weaken Glory... or make her less coherent... or it might make all our heads explode." ~Willow (The Gift)

"C'mon! Vampires! Grrr! Let's annhilate them! For justice. And for the safety of...puppies. And Christmas. Right?" ~Spike (I don't remember)

"Cavalry is here. Cavalry is a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here." ~Xander (Becomming part 2)

and my all-time favorite Buffy quote.. from Spike (who else??haha) in Lovers Walk...

"You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it kills you both. You'll fight and you'll shag and you'll hate each other till it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. Love isn't brains, children. It's blood. Blood screamin' inside you to work it's will. I may be loves bitch. But at least I'm man enough to admit it." (and might I add, this is the ONLY thing I can say with a perfect Spike accent... I so need a life.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

These ones are from a movie my best friend and I wrote... it's called "Small Time Crimes" and is based upon our lives ages 13-present. :) We decided if we ever actually made this movie, the budget would only need to be the price of alcohol.

"You'll never catch me alive, copper!!!"

"That girl is in the tree again." hahahahahaha

Sarah: "Have you ever faked an orgasm?"
Mason: "Well.. once, I spit on Bree's leg.. then rolled over and went to sleep." (By the way, haha, he never did that... it just seemed like a funny line to have in a movie)

Jami: "Where is Hell?"
Sarah : "Cleveland."

And I think thats it for me, folks.. I'm sure I'll think of TONS more once I hit the send button! haha Why do brains go all screwy right when you're trying to think of a good quote?
~Bree

P.S. HUGE applause goes out to the people who quotes Buffy and Monty Python and the Holy Grail. damn fine quotes! :)

Wise
October 25th, 2001, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Xander67
here are a few of mine,

"dude it's Ozzy" little nicky.at the end of the movie
"ape must not kill ape" planet of the apes"

hanibal...
"but what about the MOney?"
"are you paying attention to me EX special agent starling?"

meet the parents
"jinxi did not flush the toliet, he's a CAT for christ's sake"
"he doesnt even have any thumbs faulker"

Buffy, 10/23
"Giles " as she looks at the check...."this is too much,.........im kepping the money"

"Hello Clories"-Hanibal

Xander67
October 25th, 2001, 10:59 PM
"i know the first thing a histeric says is im not a histeric but I am NOT HISTERIC!"
hannibal

"okie dokie then...." hannibal

Radocs
October 25th, 2001, 11:24 PM
"Keaton always said 'I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him.' Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze." - The Usual Suspects

"How do you shoot the Devil in the back? What if you miss?" - The Usual Suspects

"It's the problem again! I must have fruit!" - Time Bandits

"Mom! Dad! Don't touch it! It's evil!" - Time Bandits

flar7
October 26th, 2001, 12:26 AM
"Do you want to live forever?"-Conan

"I need a car, chicks dig the car."-Batman(?)

"They may take our lives, but they will never take our freedom!"-Braveheart

"Damn! We're in a tight spot!"-Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

"The force is strong in this one."- Star Wars

"He shat himself to death"-A Knight's Tale

"Losing."- A Knight's Tale

"Good thing you stopped me when you did. I might've killed her."-Outlaw Josey Wales

witchywench
October 26th, 2001, 07:48 AM
"You want to listen or you wanna die?" Faith

"It doesn't work like that Peaches!" Spike (drool)

"I haven't been human for two hundred years." Louis IWAV

"Ok, Vampire anatomy one on one, crosses and water don't do d**k so forget what youv'e seen in the movies. You use a stake, silver or sunlight! Blade

"Did you or your sister kill James?"
"oh, yeah a couple a times." Practical Magic

"My God who are you, I know you!"
"I have crossed oceans of time to find you." Bram Stokers Dracula

"I do not want them dancing naked under the full moon!"
"Of course not dear, the nudity is entirely optional, as you well remember!" Practical Magic

"My lucky rats tail!" Hocus Pocus

Starlight
October 26th, 2001, 10:30 AM
"The kingdom of God is inside you and all around you, not in buildings of wood and stone. Split a piece of wood and I am there lift a stone and you will find me!" -Stigmata

I really liked the story behind this quote.

Illuminatus
October 26th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by flar7

"He shat himself to death"-A Knight's Tale

"Losing."- A Knight's Tale

Oh my god. you quoted A Knight's Tale. Twice. That is just so sad, on so many levels, I don't know where to begin. I think I'll start by curling up under my desk and crying for an hour (I do that anyway around 11:15).

Xander67
October 26th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Starlight
"The kingdom of God is inside you and all around you, not in buildings of wood and stone. Split a piece of wood and I am there lift a stone and you will find me!" -Stigmata

I really liked the story behind this quote.

now there was a deffinate, get all your snacks before the movie starts, kinda movie... ya had to watch it all the way through

Starlight
October 26th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Xander67

now there was a deffinate, get all your snacks before the movie starts, kinda movie... ya had to watch it all the way through

Stigmata is one of my favourite movies. I like the kinda movie that keeps you on your toes! :)

Xander67
October 26th, 2001, 11:59 AM
yeah,

girl interupted was a good one too...

"think of me next time you shave your legs" Whoopie Goldberg

13 ghosts is supposed to be good too

Shadowulfe
October 26th, 2001, 12:52 PM
"I'm Invincable!!!!!.....Your A Looney!"
"You must chop down the mightiest tree in the forest wiiiiiiith A HERRING!"
"I Fart in Your General Direction, Your Mother was a Hampster and Your Father Smelt of Elderberries!"
-Monty Python and the quest for the grail

"Its Mega Maid Sir! She has went from Suck to Blow!"
"why didnt anyone tell me my @$$ was this big?"
"I see your swartz is just as big as mine!"
"and last but not least Spaceballs-the Flame thrower!"
-Spaceballs

Illuminatus
October 26th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Shadowulfe
-Monty Python and the quest for the grail

Every line spoken in that entire film is a great quote :)

Shadowulfe
October 26th, 2001, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Illuminatus

Every line spoken in that entire film is a great quote :)

Very True Illuminatus. allthough i personally think it would take too long to quote every line in the movie...so i just listed a few off the top of my head!:boing:

Xander67
October 26th, 2001, 01:20 PM
"I dont like SPAM" monte python flying circus LOL

MammaStar
October 26th, 2001, 01:47 PM
'Where you going William
To pick a fight"--Braveheart (i just LOVE that movie)

"How very" Heathers

"Where behind the rabbit?
It is the rabbit!!!"--Monty Python & the Holy Grail

I agree with all the comments about the Holy Grail. It is an AWESOME movie.

oh wait, I got one more & remember it's a MOVIE QUOTE AND IT'S HOW THE MOVIE WAS MADE A LONG TIME AGO, IT'S NOT HOW I FEEL OR ANYTHING, I JUST HAPPEN TO LAUGH AT THIS POINT IN BLAZING SADDLES. SO NO ONE GET ALL UPPITY WITH ME :D

when Gene Wilder pulls the sheriff over to distract the Klan members: "Hey! Where all da white women at!"

I LOVE LOVE THAT LINE, CAUSE THAT WHOLE SCENE MAKES ME LAUGH.

Illuminatus
October 26th, 2001, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by LdyStarlite

"How very" Heathers

"What's your damage, heather?"

SpikesPet5150
October 26th, 2001, 02:14 PM
"I dont like SPAM" monte python flying circus LOL"

I have that wav file on my computer... LOL SOOOO funny.
~Bree

Shadowulfe
October 26th, 2001, 02:38 PM
"Death awaits you all with nasty big sharp pointy teeth!":cool:
-Monty Python quest for the grail

Euphoria
October 26th, 2001, 04:38 PM
Hmm ... i think one of my favourites is

My name is maximus decimus peridius
Commander of armys of the north
General of the felix legions
Loyal servant to the true emperor Marcus Aurealias
Father To A murdered Son
Husband To a murdered wife
And i will have my vengeance
In this life or the next
.......... Gladiator

Is Rome woth one good man's life
We believed it once
Make us believe it again
He was a soldier of rome
honour him
.......... Gladiator
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My sister and i also share one

I'm the monsters mother ... alien resurrection

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lady Ravenna
October 26th, 2001, 06:56 PM
"Course, 5 minutes to Wapner" - RainMan

Starlight
October 27th, 2001, 08:07 AM
"Take one more step and I'll jam this in my aorta!"
"Your aorta is in your chest!"
"Good to know."- Girl Interrupted

"I think I speak for the whole crew when I say..To hell with our orders!"-Star Trek Insurrection

"OH MY GOD!!!! Are they vegetarian??? That's not in there!!"-Star Trek Insurrection

I know..I know..Star trek ..But i'm the hugest Trekkie you'll ever meet!

Da Witch
October 27th, 2001, 09:52 AM
Morpheus

"The matrix is everywhere. It is all around us, even now in the very room. You can see it when u look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

Choi

"Something wrong, man? You look a little whiter than usual."

Neo/Morpheous

"What are you trying to tell me, that I can dodge bullets?" "No Neo. What I'm trying to tell you is that when you're ready - you won't have to"

Mouse/Switch

Mouse: "Have you ever tasted 'tasty wheat'?" Switch: "No, but technically, neither did you."

Switch/Mouse

Switch: "A digital pimp hard at work..." Mouse: "Pay no attention to these hypocrites! To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human. "

Neo/Trinity

Trinity:" Neo... nobody has ever done this before."
Neo: "I know. That's why it's going to work."

Morpheus

"You think that's air you're breathing?"

Morpheus/Neo/Cypher

Morpheus: "The pill you took is part of a trace program. It's designed to disrupt your input/output carrier signal so we can pinpoint your location."
Neo: "What does that mean?"
Cypher: "It means, buckle your seatbelt, Dorothy, because Kansas is going bye-bye."

Agent Smith

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability."

The Oracle/Neo

Oracle: "You're cuter than I thought. I can see why she likes you."
Neo: "Who?"
Oracle: "Not too bright, though."

Agent Smith

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had, during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure."

Neo/Young Boy

Spoon boy: "Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth."
Neo: "What truth?"
Spoon boy: "There is no spoon."
Neo: "There is no spoon?"
Spoon boy: "Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

Morpheus

"Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony."

The Oracle

"What's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything."

Morpheus

"What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about your senses, what you feel, taste, smell, or see, then all you're talking about are electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

Morpheus/Neo

Neo:"Why do my eyes hurt?"
Morpheus:"You've never used them before."

Da Witch
October 27th, 2001, 10:10 AM
"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero."
~Narrator

"You are not your job.
You are not how much you have in the bank.
You are not the contents of your wallet.
You are not your fu˘king Khakis.
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of
the world."
~Tyler

"The condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip it on, you dance the night away with a stranger, and then you throw it away - the condom, that is, not the stranger."
~Marla

"With insomnia, nothing is real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy."
~Narrator

"I am Jack's smirking revenge."
"I am Jack's cold sweat"
"I am Jack's raging bile duct"
"I am Jack's broken heart"
"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"
~Narrator

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."
~Tyler

"The things you own end up owning you."
~Tyler

"I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived -- an entire generation pumping gas and waiting tables; or they're slaves with white collars. Advertisements have them chasing cars and clothes, working jobs they hate so they can buy $hit they don't need. We are the middle children of history, with no purpose or place. We have no great war, or great depression. The great war is a spiritual war. The great depression is our lives. We were raised by television to believe that we'd be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're learning that fact. And we're very, VERY pissed-off."
~Tyler Durden

Rules of Fight Club
1. You do not talk about 'Fight Club'.
2. You do not talk about 'Fight Club'.
3. When someone yells "Stop" or goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over.
4. Only two guys to a fight.
5. One fight at a time.
6. No shirts, no shoes.
7. Fights go on as long as they have to.
8. If this is your first night at 'Fight Club', you have to fight.

LunaWitch
October 27th, 2001, 10:35 AM
of course anything from holy grail....

"groovy"
-Ash
Evil Dead 2

"who wants a little?"
- Ash
Army of Darkness

"It's not a good day to be a bad guy."
- Eric Draven
The Crow

"Youth is wasted on the young."
It's a wonderful life

"We're gonna need a bigger boat"
Jaws

I'm sure there are a million others I'll think of after I hit submit :)

Faery-Wings
October 27th, 2001, 10:39 AM
Funniest movie ever!

E's using two 'alves of coconuts!

LOL!!

Chris

StormChaser
October 27th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Practical Magic:
"My blood, Your blood, OUr Blood"

"I bet we even die on the same day"

"You said we would die on the same.. well Today is NOT that day"

Sally: I do not want them dancing naked under the full moon. Aunt Jet: Of course not, dear. The nudity is entirely optional - as you well remember!

http://www.amasveritas.com/multimedia/sounds.html

10 Things I Hate About You:

"I hate the way you talk to me and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive your car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick. It even makes me rhyme. I hate the way you're always right, I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh; even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you-not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all." -

SpikesPet5150
October 27th, 2001, 11:39 AM
"I know..I know..Star trek ..But i'm the hugest Trekkie you'll ever meet!"

I think my sister is the biggest trekkie ever. She has 4 Star Trek tattoes... she has her own captains uniform... she has the entire collection of action figures and ships. And she's 29.
~Bree

EasternPriest
October 27th, 2001, 01:10 PM
Lord, what fools these mortals be.

That's not a knife, THIS is a knife.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

Never get off of the boat.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Da Witch
October 27th, 2001, 08:24 PM
Carolyn Burnham: This is a four thousand dollar sofa upholstered in Italian silk. It is not just a couch.
Lester Burnham: IT'S JUST A COUCH!

Lester Burnham: It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either.

Lester Burnham: I feel like I've been in a coma for the past twenty years. And I'm just now waking up.

Angela Hayes: At least I'm not ugly!
Ricky Fitts: Yes you are. And you're boring. And you're totally ordinary. And you know it.

Brad Dupree: Man, you are one twisted f$%k.
Lester Burnham: Nope, I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose.

Ricky Fitts: It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it, right? And this bag was like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.

Lester Burnham: I suppose I could be pi$$ed off about what happened to me. But it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst.

Catering Boss: I'm not paying you to do... whatever it is you're doing.
Ricky Fitts: So don't pay me.
Catering Boss: Excuse me?
Ricky Fitts: I quit. So you don't have to pay me. Now leave me alone.
Lester Burnham: I think you just became my personal hero.

Ricky Fitts: Never underestimate the power of denial.

Lester Burnham: This isn't life, it's just stuff. And it's become more important to you than living. Well, honey, that's just nuts.

[at the dinner table]
Carolyn Burnham: Your father and I were just discussing his day at work. Why don't you tell our daughter about it, honey?
Lester Burnham: Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f@#k himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.
Carolyn Burnham: Your father seems to think this type of behavior is something to be proud of.
Lester Burnham: And your mother seems to prefer I go through life like a f#$king prisoner while she keeps my dick in a mason jar under the sink.
Carolyn Burnham: How dare you speak to me that way in front of her. And I marvel that you can be so contemptuous of me, on the same day that you LOSE your job.
Lester Burnham: Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus.

Lester Burnham: I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.

SpikesPet5150
October 27th, 2001, 09:01 PM
American Beauty is most deffinitely my 2nd favorite movie. Such a beautiful, wonderrful story. very touching.
~Bree

bansidhe
October 27th, 2001, 09:03 PM
braveheart:-
"all men die but not all men really live."

( i love that movie!!! :) )

dude, wheres my car:-
"and den?!"
"just email me some time - www.freak in a cage.com"
"i juss touched christie boners hoo hoos!"

i should never have been allowed to watch that movie!

quills:-
"conventions are like certain parts of the anatomy - they work better when lubricated"

or something like that. :) memory loss!

Raynewitch
October 27th, 2001, 11:35 PM
"Hes not the Messiah, hes a very naughty boy!" - Life of Brian

"Well go then,

Well I will,

Well go,

Im gone,

Well go then" - Waynes World

"Does anyone smell bacon?"
Yeah I definately smell a pork product of some description" Wayne World

"If she were President - shed be Baberaham Lincoln" WW

Rayne

Da Witch
October 28th, 2001, 07:43 AM
"A servant is not a thief, Sire, and those who are cannot help themselves. If you suffer your people to be ill-educated and their manners corrupted from infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded, sire, but that you first make thieves and then punish them?" (Danielle)

dragonwyfe
October 28th, 2001, 09:18 AM
Sgt Howie"Bbbutt they're NAKED!"

Lord Sumerisle "Of course! Its much too dangerous to jump through the flames with your clothes ON!"
- from the Wickerman

"For you have accepted the role of king for a day . And who but a fool would do that? But you will be anointed and revered as a king..." Miss Rose from Wickerman

:boing:

story
October 28th, 2001, 02:38 PM
ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP YOU PRIMITIVE SCREWHEADS!!!THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!!!!!"
-Ash from army of darkness, voicing the thoughts of retail workers all over the planet.
part of an absolutly amazing speech which I just don't remember right now.

LunaWitch
October 28th, 2001, 03:04 PM
ok so I thought of a few others .... :)

"On my signal...unleash hell"
Gladiator

"I'm through being their garbage boy, now I wan't back, like in the deal!"
Army of Darkness

"Klatto, Verata....Nik..cough cough!"
Army of Darkness

"Don't you ever f---- die?!"
The Crow

"Tsk...musicians!"
The Crow

"Tell em I'm coming! and hells coming with me!"
Tombstone

"God kills indescriminately, and so shall we"
Interview with the Vampire

CzechWoods
October 28th, 2001, 06:51 PM
Namaste all,

my fav one - i also have the sound-wav hehe is :
"I am dirty! I am bad. With all the sex and envy and the loud music us kids listen to nowerdays ... eww ... ooh I just suck at undercover"
SMG aka Buffy the Vampire Slayer III/1 ('Anne')

hehehe

did i mentian Buffy was my fav TV show ever?

Czech

SpikesPet5150
October 28th, 2001, 07:08 PM
You're not alone here... got lots of fans of Buffy! :) Buffy and Angel is the only tv I watch religiously... I sometimes catch a few shows here and there, but Buffy is the show I've quit jobs over, and lost friends/boyfriends over.. I'm obsessed!! :)
~Bree

CzechWoods
October 28th, 2001, 10:06 PM
Namaste Spikes, you have a beautiful fitting nick, heehee

wanna hear a funny story ? Kinda proves Starhawks thesis that as we all share the same soco-cultural heritage our secret wishes/fantasies etc are pretty similar ...

Some 2 years ago i started going into a chat on aol, life-aaw. I have no aol account anymore, but still a lot of friends from those times.

ok it came to tv shows in the chat, and i said Buffy Rulzzzz and such, and got a little urned ...

like, it was some teenage Bull...., and the witches were so holiwood there etc etc.

oh well.

did not change my mind.

Some months later, many more people admitted they loved that show and never missed an episode.

hehehehe

Buffy Rulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

::sacrifices to the buffy-altar::

Blessings (still thinking BB = Buffy Bless) ;) :D :crylaugh:

Czech

SpikesPet5150
October 29th, 2001, 12:24 AM
BB= Buffy Bless.. HAHAHA Thats GREAT! I'm gonna use that all the time now!!

Glad to have another Buffy fan to chat with! PM me anytime, if ya wanna talk about the show!
~Bree

Mairwen
October 29th, 2001, 01:29 AM
"I thought I found these voices. I thought I heard these boxes."

"Sardines! Sardines!"

"Just leave everything to Squire, Squire, Hackum and Poppy."

:p

Mairwen
October 29th, 2001, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by LunaWitch
"Don't you ever f---- die?!"
The Crow

heeeeee! how about:

"A boy and his bird. How quaint." :D

Mairwen
October 29th, 2001, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by LdyStarlite
"How very" Heathers

LMAO! She quoted Heathers!! You rock!!

"Hello Heather."
"Heather."
"Hi Heather.":rolleyes:

Theres
October 29th, 2001, 02:52 AM
"Gentlemen, this is the War Room. there is no fighting here!" -
President Merkin Muffley (Peter Sellers), 'Dr. Strangelove'.

"you keep on using that word. i do not think it means what you think it means." - Mandy Patenkin, 'The Princess Bride'

"If only all Rome had but one neck!" - Malcolm McDowell, 'Caligula'

"it was like a great bird had flown into the milk bar!" - Alex DeLarge (Malcolm McDowell), 'Clockwork Orange'

"Louie, this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship." -
Rick (Humphrey Bogart), 'Casablanca'

"round up the usual suspects" - Claude Rains, 'Casablanca"

Dellit Tandannon
October 29th, 2001, 03:16 AM
"I have something to give you. I don't want it anymore. Thirty hours of pain, all at once, all for you."

"All the power of the world resides in the eyes, fellow."

"Let's have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin Tin. <insert sound of sniffing coke here>"

"Mother is the name for god on the lips and hearts of all children. Do you understand? Morphine is bad for you."

"Victoms.... Aren't we all?"

"Mr. Gideon?"
"Huh?"
"You're not paying attention. *WHACK*"

"Dad gave me this.... fifth birthday. He said 'Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.'."

All from the greatest movie ever...... The Crow
I could have quoted the entire movie, but that would have taken waaaaaaaay too long.

bansidhe
October 29th, 2001, 07:38 AM
omg, im feeling deprived...ive gotta see this crow movie asap!!!

Starlight
October 29th, 2001, 11:18 AM
"Everyone loves the slinky..ya gotta get a slinky....slinky,slinky...Go slinky Go!"

"Nonsense Poopypants!"

"Kinda hot in these rhinoes!"

All from Ace Ventura 2

:rotfl:

LunaWitch
October 29th, 2001, 11:25 AM
I loooooooooove Buffy, been watching it since first episode and I havent missed a show (that goes for Angel too!)

I guess Im a big kid :)
even my husband cracks up laughing at me when I say its Buffy time! TV mine! LOL

bansidhe!!!! YOU MUST SEE THE CROW!! Argh!!!
You havent?

possibly best movie ever!

and that reminds me of another good quote from that movie...

"Quick impression for ya, caw caw, bang f*** I'm dead!"

"Here's to you T-Bird!"

Adam Of Avalon
October 29th, 2001, 11:29 AM
"R-O-S-E-B-U-D!"

CzechWoods
October 29th, 2001, 05:34 PM
dont read following lines - unless you have suicidal tendencies...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

wenn eistes snostuck geht zum Slottermaier, ja feiner Hund, dass er da die Flipperwelt gespuckt!

buhahahahahahahahhahahaa

and speaking of it:

(some like it hot, final scene)
Nobody is perfect

Some more quotes i like

Buffy Bless

lmao
Czech

Memnoch McKiln
December 4th, 2003, 02:38 PM
bansidhe!!!! YOU MUST SEE THE CROW!! Argh!!!
You havent?

possibly best movie ever!here's another great beautiful quote from the crow " If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn. People die. But real love lives forever."
and..
"Ya know, my father used to say, every man's got a devil. And you can't rest until you find him... but if it's any consolation to you, you have put a smile on my face."

kpwa_gok
December 4th, 2003, 03:14 PM
From Fear and Loathing in las Vegas - "You can turn your back on a man, but never, ever turn your back on a drug... Especially when It's holding a 7" hunting knife."

"There he goes, one of god's own prototypes, far too mutated for mass production. Too weird to live, too rare to die."

And from The Crow - " Kaw Kaw, BANG! F*ck, I'm Dead!!!"

mol
December 4th, 2003, 03:30 PM
"You're gonna need a bigger boat." -Jaws

Desert_Yaqui
December 4th, 2003, 03:46 PM
"That's a rather tender subject, another slice anyone?" - Spoken by Dr. Frank-N-Furter from (what else?) The Rocky Horror Picture Show

"The monkey's his uncle?" from The Lion King

Wounds heal, glory is forever and chicks dig scars" I think that's how that went, from The Replacements

"I hate this f*cking planet!" said by Sharon stone to Arnie after a swift kick in the face; from Total Recall

"The hair! Watch the hair Tony from Saturday Night Fever

"We're THAT good!" probably one of the ONLY lines I can reprint from Boogie Nights

more to come later--he he I'm "sneaking" at work right now!

Shiloh
December 5th, 2003, 03:51 AM
"On the lowest dungeon on top of the highest mountain peak I fought with the Balrog of Morgoth... Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side... Darkness took me and I strayed away through thought and time. Stars wield overhead and everyday was as long as a life age of the earth... But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I've been sent back until my task is done" - Gandalf the Grey - Lord of the Rings (The Two Towers)

asamananara
December 5th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Nobody, to Willaim Blake:
"That weapon will replace your tongue.
You will learn to speak through it.
And your poetry will be written in blood."
from "Dead Man"
Toby, Chief:
"We are the children of children,
and we live as we are shown."
from "Joe vs. the Volcano"
Margaret:
"You got f*cked by an oven full of witches?"
from "Four Rooms"

Shiloh
December 5th, 2003, 05:41 AM
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee" - EZEKIEL 25:17 - Jules - Pulp Fiction

Sylv
December 6th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Ok, with all the Fight Club quotes, nobody has put up my favorite, so here it is: "You just had a near life experience!" -Tyler Durden
Monty Python's Holy Grail, I agree every line is amazing but I love: "Ooooh-now we see the violence inherent in the system. Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help I'm being repressed! Did you see him repressing me?" -Dennis (aka Old Woman, lmao)
From Bridget Jones' Diary(possible the best ending lines for a movie ever): "Nice boys don't kiss like that."
"Oh yes they f*cking do." -Bridget Jones and Mark Darcy
From American History X: "You know the only kind of sheets I hate? This kind: (proceeds to do an impersonation) All right boys, you know what we're gunna do? We're gunna hate some n*ggers. I'm not sure what n*ggers are, but we're gunna hate 'em." -Can't remember the guy's name, Derek's prison friend
From Pirates of the Caribbean: "I feel." -Captain Barbossa
From Seven: "We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home and we tolerate it. We tolerate it because it's common, it's trivial. We tolerate it morning, noon, and night. Well, not any more. I'm setting the example." -John Doe
And because I'm getting long enough already, I'll just do one from The Royal Tenenbaums: "Family isn't a word. It's a sentence."

Memnoch McKiln
December 8th, 2003, 03:56 PM
ok, got to see Pirates of the Carribean on DVD this weekend, so here it goes....
"you are without a doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of"
"yes, but you have heard of me"

"You look familiar, have I threatened you before?"

"I made these swords...and I practice with them three hours a day"
"you need to find yourself a girl, mate"

"I've heard stories about [the black pearl] ....never leaves any survivors"
"no survivors? where do the stories come from then?"

"This girl, how far are you willing to go to save her?"
"I'd Die for her"
"oh..good"

"In a fair fight I'd have killed you!"
"well now, that's not a very good inclination for me to fight fair is it?"

"only rules that matter are what a man can do, and what a man can't do"

"If every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted again"

"you best start believin' in ghost stories miss, because, you're in one!"

"not all treasure is silver and gold"

"You're supposed to be dead"
"am I not?....oh"

"I'm gonna teach you the meaning of Hell"
"TRY WEARING A CORSET!!!!!!"

"Perhaps on the rare occasion, persuing the right course of action demands an act of piracy, Piracy can be the right course"

"Now, Bring me that horizon!"

CloakofStars9
December 9th, 2003, 03:14 PM
BUT WHY IS THE RUM GONE!!?? -POTC

Frodo
"i wish the ring had never come to me"
Gandalf
"so do all you live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide, what you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you" LOTR Fellowship

CloakofStars9
December 9th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Breakfast Club:
John Bender: Hey, how come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up . . . we'll all get up . . . it'll be anarchy

John Bender: Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?

Braveheart:
Stephen: The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess. But, he's pretty sure you're fu**ed.

Jurassic Park:
John Hammond:When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked.

Ian Malcolm:Yeah, but John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.

Memnoch McKiln
December 9th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Breakfast Club:
John Bender: Hey, how come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up . . . we'll all get up . . . it'll be anarchy

Ian Malcolm:Yeah, but John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.LOL love those two, I had forgotten all about the POTC reference in Jurassic park oh...I came across this quote it's not from a film, but it's from an actor
"I've been lucky because I do regard myself as a slightly aging character and I've been able to be in scenes with delightful women, like KATE WINSLET, CATE BLANCHETT, SALMA HAYEK, GOLDIE HAWN ... It's been a perk of the job. And the prettiest of all, of course, was JOHNNY DEPP." -- actor GEOFFREY RUSH

ok...more movie quotes
"NO FATE BUT WHAT WE MAKE" T2

"go on boss you have him at your mercy"
"What Mercy?"---DragonBallZ "Cooler's Revenge"

Donatello:"She's a good reporter"
Michealangelo:"She's a babe"----Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

"so Father, when you were staking that vamp back there, did you get a woody?"---John Carpenter's "Vampires"

"How would you describe your music?"
"Sex, Blood, and Rock and Roll" ---QOTD

"let's see if I'm really as bad as I say I am"--Mean Guns

"Merry Christmas ya' filthy animal"---Home Alone

CloakofStars9
December 9th, 2003, 04:45 PM
"I've been lucky because I do regard myself as a slightly aging character and I've been able to be in scenes with delightful women, like KATE WINSLET, CATE BLANCHETT, SALMA HAYEK, GOLDIE HAWN ... It's been a perk of the job. And the prettiest of all, of course, was JOHNNY DEPP." -- actor GEOFFREY RUSH

ahh thats awesome! geoffrey is da man!

WitchJezebel
December 9th, 2003, 06:04 PM
"You're gonna need a bigger boat." -Jaws

That is my all time favorite quote. Every time Jaws is on tv I walk around the house saying it - drives my bf bonkers.

Memnoch McKiln
December 15th, 2003, 12:45 PM
ahh thats awesome! geoffrey is da man!lol I knew you'd like that.....

"try shooting OUTSIDE THE CAR!!!"----Bad Boys 2

"Do you wanna live forever?!!!"----Starship Troopers

morrigen
December 15th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Spike to Giles on Buffy...."That's the story of your life, innit? Cup o' tea, cup o' tea, nearly got laid, cup o' tea....."

And...."Move your bleedin' ARSE!!!" from Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady. It's all in the delivery.

Any line from the Rocky Horror picture show.

Not exactly a quote, but the bit from Amelie, when she melts into a puddle of water. What a gorgeous film :floating:

And many, many more that I can't remember off hand....