PDA

View Full Version : My dog's sick...

Black-mage
June 21st, 2005, 03:52 AM
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! My dog's sick and i dont know whats wrong with him! His back legs keep giving out on him and he's always falling into things. He doesnt seem to hear me and he's been dry-reeching lately. He's also a bit constapated. Whats wrong with him? :sadeyes:

Raintreewolf
June 21st, 2005, 03:55 AM
Ohhh sweet baby!...I do not know...maybe a stroke? Maybe nerve damage, maybe been hit by a car? Poisened...

I'm so sorry to read this! How very sad.

Black-mage
June 21st, 2005, 04:10 AM
my dad wants to get him put down, but i dont want him to... because dad wants to put him down himself, in other words shoot him. He doesnt want to pay for the vet to do it. But my dads a terrible shot so Caesar might suffer, and i dont want that!

Raintreewolf
June 21st, 2005, 04:20 AM
sigh....how long has your dog been like this?

Is he whinning a lot? Maybe her just needs a vet...to heal or put him down.

What a terrible sittuation to be in. If he is suffering that badly, yes putting him doen is merciful....do you live around where salmen are in a stream? I know there is something a dog can get paralised by from eating a certain part of the salmen.

Black-mage
June 21st, 2005, 04:30 AM
No he hasn't been whinning and we dont live near a stream, but if he's not better in 2 days max i'll call the vet and pay for him to put Caesar down, i'd prefer that then him get shot. I hope i'm doing the right thing.

Raintreewolf
June 21st, 2005, 07:57 AM
Ahh, good best of luck dear ((((hugs)))), I hope he gets better!

LadyAutumnCat
June 21st, 2005, 08:30 AM
I'm so sorry.

Isil Darkmoon
June 21st, 2005, 04:21 PM
No he hasn't been whinning and we dont live near a stream, but if he's not better in 2 days max i'll call the vet and pay for him to put Caesar down, i'd prefer that then him get shot. I hope i'm doing the right thing.

Putting a dog down without even having it vet examined is not and never will be the right thing.

Neither is letting an animal suffer for days in hopes he'll get better on his own.

Take this dog to a vet for an EXAMINATION. Immediately. That's the right thing to do. The only one.

The joint problems could be as simple as arthritis--treatable with inexpensive shots and/or glucosamine suppliments.

The dry heaves could be anything from a chicken bone stuck in his throat to late-stage heartworm damage.

Not hearing could be wax buildup in his ears, an infection, or simply he's too in pain from everything else to be bothered to respond.

Get this dog seen IMMEDIATELY, one way or the other.

This probably sounds pretty harsh. But I can't begin to list the number of cats and dogs that I've seen during my volunteer work that:

a) could have been saved quite cheaply had they come in two days earlier but now need very expensive treatment or euthanasia

b) Are so ill they are lost causes, but suffered a great deal with much pain for days while their owners "hoped they'd get better on their own"

So I don't really have much patience when I hear that sort of thing.

You know what the really right thing to do is. Now go do it.

Black-mage
June 22nd, 2005, 02:35 AM
Well he'll be 13 yrs old in a 2 months, it might be old age. the dry-heaves are gone but he's still not very mobile, he still doesnt seem to hear me and he managed to run into a fence post today. (well actually it was more of a step...step...Clonk!)