PDA

View Full Version : Assignment Two

RubyRose
June 22nd, 2005, 01:54 AM
Making your own Faery Tarot Deck

Something I stumbled upon while reading Cassandra Easonís book on Faeries.

 Take a set of cards (52) about the size of playing cards.
 Using images from the internet, or your own designs set about making the cards, like in a traditional tarot deck.
 Consecrate tarot cards (Iíll leave this up to you, as everybody probably has a different method, though the best method would probably be under the full moon, as consecrating the cards with each of the four elements might be difficult as water will damage the cards)

Ofcourse, I'm not expecting you to complete the whole set for this assignment, actually 2 cards will suffice, but feel free to do more.

What I will be asking of you though, is that you let me know how many you plan to make, whether you'll use images from the computer or draw your own. You might even be able to completely computer generate them, and then print them off, backing them with stronger paper or cardboard.

Well I'll leave it up to you.

Assignment is due: 20th July 2005

Bendithion,
RubyRose

WulfcwenStar
June 23rd, 2005, 03:53 PM
MM RubyRose
I guess you want us to make our own Tarot cards is that right?
If so I am not sure which faerie or elemental to use for different cards. I have a deck of Tarot cards and they seem to be rather complex.
BB Autumn Moon

RubyRose
June 25th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Autumn Moon,
So sorry, let me hunt up the basics I have on Tarot Cards (suits and stuff) and we can go from there.

Bendithion,
RubyRose

RubyRose
June 25th, 2005, 06:44 AM
A little look into Tarot Cards...

The average Tarot deck consists of 78 cards, divided into two general sections. The larger of the two sections contains 56 cards, termed the Minor Arcana. The other section, the Major Arcana (or trumps), consists of 22 cards.

The Major Arcana
0 The Fool, URANUS
1 The Magician, MERCURY
2 The High Priestess, MOON
3 The Empress, VENUS
4 The Emperor, Aries
5 The Hierophant, Taurus
6 The Chariot, Cancer
7 The Lovers, Gemini
8 Strength, Leo
9 The Hermit, Virgo
10 The Wheel of Fortune, JUPITER
11 Justice, Libra
12 The Hanged Man, NEPTUNE
13 Death, Scorpio
14 Temperance, Sagittarius
15 The Devil, Capricorn
16 The Tower, MARS
17 The Star, Aquarius
18 The Moon, Pisces
19 The Sun, SUN
20 Judgment, PLUTO
21 The World, SATURN

The Minor Arcana

The 56 Minor Arcana cards (22 Major + 56 Minor = 78) are divided into four suits, just like the modern playing cards. Each suit corresponds to one of the classical four elements of Greek philosophy: Fire, Air, Earth, and Water. I will list below the four suits with their corresponding elements and symbolic associations:

Wands, The Fire Element (spirit)

Wands are fiery, enthusiastic, inspirational, and spiritually minded. Wands correspond to the zodiacal signs Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius.

Swords, The Air Element (intellect)

Swords are cutting, intellectual, rational, logical. They also represent conflict and strife. Swords correspond to the zodiacal signs Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius.

Pentacles, The Earth Element (matter)

Pentacles are practical, dutiful, business minded, earthy, and materialistic. Pentacles correspond to the zodiacal signs Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn.

Cups, The Water Element (emotions)

Cups (like Hearts in the modern decks) are emotional, sensitive, caring, nurturing, and relationship oriented. Cups correspond to the zodiacal signs Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces.

This link may help you get an idea for images...
http://www.psychicworld.net/faries.htm (http://www.psychicworld.net/faries.htm)

WolfyJames
June 28th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Do you want the cards to be scanned? I don't have a scanner, so the cards, in my case, could only be numerical.

RubyRose
June 29th, 2005, 01:24 AM
No, like I said above...

What I will be asking of you though, is that you let me know how many you plan to make, whether you'll use images from the computer or draw your own.

I don't expect everyone or anyone for that matter to show me, I just need to know how you'll go about making them.

Bendithion,
RubyRose