PDA

View Full Version : The USA Program The 4400

DarkOrion
June 27th, 2005, 10:18 PM
What does everyone think of the new television show the 4400?

I find it very intriguing metaphysically. The abilities are not over the top and are presented subtly. The fictional reactions to these psychic arrivals seem well thought out as well. It is like the X-Files minus all those dreadful Monster-Of-The-Week episodes. And the story line also tends to surprise me, which is no small task to a jaded media junkie like me. You can almost believe that the events in the show could be just around the corner...

Ahautenites
June 28th, 2005, 04:41 AM
I watched all of the first season, and a couple of the episodes of the current season, but I've missed the last two or three. I like the series. It's got a lot of the people from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine in the credits, and they've even had at least two Trek actors appear in episodes (Jeffrey Combs and Robert Picardo). I was reading an interview on the 4400 website and saw that it said with Trek, 7 was the golden number, but that with this show, it was kind of open-ended. Now, I know the show started last year, but I think it was interesting to see the mention of the 7-year interval mentioned this year, because in seven years, it will be 2012. I'm wondering if they aren't trying to capitalize on the 2012 craze that is emerging around the globe. It certainly fits with the coming back from the future aspect, and the "evolved" DNA and powers, and the "end of the world as we know it" concept.

I think Maia is my favorite character out of all of them.

CajunLady
June 28th, 2005, 12:33 PM
I actually missed the first season. But lucky for me, I caught a marathon a few Sunday's ago. It was the day the first episode of the new season was coming on. I managed to watch enough to catch up and I've got every show since then. When I first started watching it, it was all about the alien abduction possibility thing. Now that I'm watching it even more, it's a who can develop what powers next thing. But I don't know who freaks me out more---the baby or the little girl!!!

Ahautenites
June 28th, 2005, 06:16 PM
**grins** That's the way I caught the first season, also. And I'd have to say the baby is the creepier of the two. I was intrigued when they showed the trees bowing in her honor, because of what it might imply, but the thing where she made people shoot themselves via the mouth with a shotgun was a little more disturbing than I like. I just don't like to think that a baby of any species would be that, decisive. I know they were the bad guys of the story, but I would think that if that particular baby had wanted them dead, she could have made their hearts stop in their chest, without inflicting such a horrific death on them as forcing them to shoot themselves.