PDA

View Full Version : Samhain is tomorrow, what plans do you have?

LadyAutumnCat
October 30th, 2001, 12:58 PM
:boing: Samhain is tomorrow!!:boing:

I was wondering what everyone will be doing to celebrate. I am going to celebrate the spirits, by doing some candlework, and I will also be reflecting on this past year and vowing to change certain ways, to make this new year a better one. Not through resolutions, but through spiritually searching myself. I am also going to find a way to get up into the woods before the week is through, I used to do it everyday and then just stopped. I actually went in them a few days ago, with one of my dogs, but turned back when I got a butt full of thorns!!! OUCH!!!!

I will also be creating my herbal pouch, thanks to WildChild!! Somehow I will find all the herbs before tomorrow night. I will be lighting some candles and speaking to the Goddess, as well as to the spirits of those who have passed on who will always touch my heart. I hope to make it a very lovely night. I will go out to my covered back porch and look into the woods in the backyard and talk to the spirits and the earth.

How about you guys?

Demeter
October 30th, 2001, 01:42 PM
My coven is having Circle tonight (because some of our members work on Wednesday nights), so tomorrow night I will light a candle in the window, put out a food offering, and do a little meditating, listen to a little music ....

Mairwen
October 30th, 2001, 08:44 PM
Gwyddon Samhain is November 6th. Our rites are the 4th. It's looking to be a very interesting night, indeed. ;):D:cool:

slvr_phoenix
November 1st, 2001, 07:53 AM
Thanks Mairwen. That was my first thought when I saw this thread, was that it usually (always?) takes in early November. I just wasn't sure which day in November it fell on this year. :)

Mairwen
November 1st, 2001, 12:49 PM
15* Scorpio. :D

Aengus McTeague
November 1st, 2001, 01:14 PM
I did a very small and simple ritual in my back yard. Left an offering, called the quarters, re-dedicated myself to the path. Then I spoke for a moment to my beloved dead (Melissa, your memory lives on, and I WILL finish the story for you).

I finished with about 20 min. of just wordless communion with the incredibly bright full moon last night. I felt loved, renewed, empwered.

The coming year brings challenges, opportunities and gifts. Some of these I can see coming, others, as usual will be complete surprises. There are many things I want to incorporate into my life and my practice this year, personally I'm in a time of transition. (For the younger members...life CAN begin again at 40!)

Brightest blessings to all on this new year,
Aengus