PDA

View Full Version : Martha Steward Christmas Card holder

Xois
October 30th, 2001, 07:18 PM
Hi all

I am looking for the instructions from about 2 or 3 years ago from Martha Stewart Living on a Christmas Card holder made from stirps of ribbon

Might someone have this issue?!

Thanks
Xois

Xois
October 30th, 2001, 07:48 PM
i think its in this issue

dec 98/Jan 99 MSL

Lavender
October 31st, 2001, 01:49 AM
I'll check! I have PILES of MSL dating back to the dawn of time! :D That card holder sounds familiar.

flar7
October 31st, 2001, 02:50 AM
what a cool costume idea! Dress up as Martha Stewart!

Lavender
October 31st, 2001, 03:30 AM
Yup! That's the right issue...if this is the one you're looking for:

"Ribbon Streamers - Transform a door into a card gallery. Cut lengths of ribbon to fit your door; we used three 4-inch-wide chatreuse satin ribbons, and layered a 6 1/2 inch wide grosgrain ribbon behind the center one. Mark the points on the ribbon from which you want to hang the cards: These are at alternating 7- and 10- inch intervals, so the alternating vertical and horizontal cards appear more evenly spaced. Tie thin ribbon to a double-ring paper clip and stitch the clips to the marks you made on the ribbons. To hang from door, fasten the ribbon ends to the top of the door with a flat thumbtack, and slip cards into each of the clips. The cards can be removed to be read again or to be changed as new cards arrive, and the ribbons can be reused each year."

Sounds pretty straight forward. I don't have a scanner so I can't scan the pics for you. Hope this helps?

Lavender
October 31st, 2001, 03:34 AM
There's another great card holder idea. It looks like MSL has taken small branches & insert them in a galvanized bucket. The cards have a hole punched out at the top & tied to the branches with a pretty ribbon. The bucket is sitting on a tray & have bowls of dried fruits & nuts arranged at the base on the tray. Of course, everything has a beautifully tied bow around it. Wish I could tie bows like that! :)

Xois
October 31st, 2001, 09:23 AM
Thats it!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you

Any chance you could photo copy that and mail it to me...I'll mail you an envelope!

I would really appreciate that!

Xois

Xois
October 31st, 2001, 09:25 AM
On second though, that won't be necessary...you are right...it is really straight forward

I have made one before...so I kinda remember

Was there an overall length for the ribbons?

Lavender
October 31st, 2001, 01:47 PM
From the picture, it looks like the ribbons run about 2/3 down the length of the door. If you want, I can send you a photocopy. Just PM me your address. Don't worry about sending me an envelope.