PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, being talked to frombeyon the grave?! scary :(

Credence
October 30th, 2001, 08:11 PM
Eh
been awhile since ive posted here :D
anyways, got a little story
my grandfather died this past week (heartattack, slipped, bandged head on bathtub, horrible :()
anyways. he had wanted to be cremated. they went to church ,etc. (my family is catholic). A few days after the funeral service had done (ironically the SAME day the body had been cremated) they had gone back to my grandparents house. There was a message on the phone, after listening to the message, it was VERY garbled, you can almost not understand a thing it says, the only thing thing you COULD understand from the entire message were the words 'Im Here'. Now, at first, this didnt strike them odd because it could have just been a relative calling or something. So they did the call display and called whoever it was back. Nada. Apparently that phone number 'doesnt exist'.

Kind of freaky :O It could very well have just been a glitch in the phone service, but what if it was something more :O. But then again, why would a ghost call someone ona telephone?! Its fun tot hink so anyways :D

Kristin Ann
October 30th, 2001, 08:28 PM
First off, I'm sorry to hear of your grandfathers passing. I recently lost my grandmother so I know it's not an easy thing to go through.

Different, but I wouldn't say scary. I think it's very likely that it was your grandfather. Why not use the phone? I suppose if he had wanted to contact you badly enough he would have done it anyway possible right?

Love & light always,
Kristin Ann

Xander67
October 31st, 2001, 12:45 AM
I remember seeing a show about how sometimes spirits of loved ones use telephones, even the radiomagnetic waves in the home to get thier mesg through....but whenever such events occur it is usually because the mesg is that urgent that the spirit would disrupt things that much...

Old Witch
October 31st, 2001, 03:45 PM
I've also heard that loved ones use the phones....Maybe its not all those %^&#*% Telemarketers!:D :D :D :eek:

Illuminatus
October 31st, 2001, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Credence
Now, at first, this didnt strike them odd because it could have just been a relative calling or something. So they did the call display and called whoever it was back. Nada. Apparently that phone number 'doesnt exist'.

Anyone can have their Call ID information disabled. I know Kaylara's phone does, so whenever I get a call from "unknown" I know it's her. But it doesn't mean she doesn't exist!

But don't listen to me, I'm just a f@%#@ telecommunications engineer.

Myst
October 31st, 2001, 04:23 PM
Just curious, and not trying to be a smart@$$, but was your grandpa a serial killer? I mean, if it was his ghost, wouldn't his ghost be just as nice as he was alive, and therefore probably not a scary thing?

Methanespirit
October 31st, 2001, 09:22 PM
Credence, did the voice have an echo to it? The type of echo that sounds like "ripples" in the speaking?