View Full Version : Random sketch

July 9th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Hey all!
Has anyone ever been to Athelia's Sanctuary? (clickyclicky (http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/3557/index.html)) Anyway she does these amazing drawings of her deities and spirit-guides, and so I thought why not try the same thing? I'm not sure how this one turned out, it's my first time in a long time working with these mediums (posterboard and crayons!) so it was more of an experiment than anything. But heck, it's what I meant for it to be: a tribute to my spirit-guide who's helped me through a lot of dark water lately.
The pic was taken with my camera which really isn't the greatest, so pardon the fuzziness... *shrugs*
Anyway, any and all comments/criticisms are welcome! :abanana:

July 9th, 2005, 04:43 PM
cool work.:thumbsup:

July 10th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks! :)

July 25th, 2005, 05:53 PM
All right, here's one I did of Morrigan. Started it a long time ago and just finished it today! :cool: Oh, and sorry it's so blurry...

Tom Bombadil
July 25th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Wow! That's the same pose (basically) the woman on the Two of Swords in my tarot deck is holding. Check this link (http://www.intuitivetarot.com/twoofswords.html) out.

I finally popped over and read your crisis of faith post, and this picture totally supports this idea...you are right where you are supposed to be, doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing. Question, question, question. Drop whatever preconcieved notions you have of "pagan" and "spirituality" and find out who YOU are. You are incredibly lucky to have the Morrigan on your side in this. No promises it will be easy, but she'll guide (okay, so with the Morrigan it's more like push you into it headfirst) you to realizing an incredible inner strength.

July 25th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Tom, you are AWESOME!!! Can I just say that?? :clapping: :bouncybob :spinnysmi _happydanc :fpraiseyo :colorful: :dancy: :hearthear OK, I'll stop now, lol!

July 25th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Oooh, artists self-criticism: I just realized how horrendously out-of-proportion it is... oh well!

Sionnach le Fey
July 26th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Great work :thumbsup:

July 26th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Awesome work!

July 26th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Wow, thanks guys! That means a lot!
You know it's odd because I've got both pics hanging on the same wall, diagonal from each other, and it's neat to see the contrast... my spirit-guide is so gentle, patient, you know what I'm talking about... so his pic is naturally going to be 'milder' in color... and the Morrigan's is much brasher, almost, more vivid, it stands out... but then, so does She! Lol!

Tom Bombadil
July 26th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Tom, you are AWESOME!!! Can I just say that?? :clapping: :bouncybob :spinnysmi _happydanc :fpraiseyo :colorful: :dancy: :hearthear OK, I'll stop now, lol!

Huh? Me? YOU drew it! Right back at'cha!

July 27th, 2005, 12:05 AM
*laughs* Yes, but you gave me comfort when I needed it! Screw the drawing in place of that, I say!
Many :hugz: for ya!

October 4th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Wow I'd almost forgotten about this!! hahahah
Anyway I drew a poster of Djehuty (Thoth) a while back, I know I soooo screwed up his head :( but hey... otherwise I likes it! ^_^ Tell me what ya think all!

October 5th, 2005, 05:04 AM

I really admire people who paint and draw dieties; I always get soooo stuck on them, on their little details and stories and stuff! :sick: Go you! :yourock:

October 5th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Awww thanks hon! :hugz:

October 15th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Here is another; this is a portrait of a character for a story I'm co-authoring with someone. Her name's Shadith, she's more or less a spirit who takes up residence in the bodies of others. But if she had a body of her own this is what I'd thought it would look like.

October 16th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Anyone? *snuffles*

October 16th, 2005, 06:50 PM
looks good

October 16th, 2005, 06:59 PM
^_^ :hugz:

October 23rd, 2005, 12:10 PM
My interpretation of the Universe--supposed to be half male and half female entity. Not sure how well it turned out though. Oh yesh and the eyes are blank because I think that by leaving them that way it symbolizes an all seeing being. *shrugs* tell me what ya think! :dancy:

October 23rd, 2005, 12:12 PM
That's beautiful hon. I love the Djehuty pic as well. :hugz: Great work!

October 23rd, 2005, 12:16 PM
Thanks hon! I still think I messed up His head though! :lol:

October 24th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Love the art Shadow! :)