Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Book Of Shadows (Phyllis Curott)

Book Of Shadows (Phyllis Curott)

Just wondering, how many people have read Phyllis Curott's beautiful book, Book of Shadows? And what did you think?

i read that book last spring and loved it. i like how it's in a novel form instead like the millions of "how to becaome a witch" books out there. it tells the authors story about her journey into witchcraft and paganism while explaining the history and demonstrating rituals and other areas of wicca so it's basically a really good story and a how to book in one. very interesting. great book for beginners or anyone else.
    blessed be,
    angelwulfe
    p.s. has any one read her most recent book witchcrafting?
    Brightest Blessings,
    Angelwulfe

my adopted smilies:
    AIM:leesangel1983
    email:littlegirlmagenta@yahoo.com

I've read Book of Shadow. I enjoyed it because it was written as a story...not a straight how-to book. I haven't read her new one yet. Just took a quick glance through it at the book store, though.
    Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege to do so also. - Voltaire

I read this book over the summer. Like the others, I loved that it was written in novel form & I felt it offered a much more personal view of witchcraft opposed to the usual 'how to...' books. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

BB
    Michelle

I haven't seen Witchcrafting. I might check the Easons website and see if it's been released in Ireland yet.

Is it written like Book of Shadows, or in the 'usual' form?

I loved Phyllis Curott's Book of Shadows. It was interesting to read her own spiritual journey into Witchcraft. I also could relate to her line of work as I am a paralegal with a law firm and dealing with coming out as a Witch in your profession takes serious consideration. I am looking forward to her new book "Witchcrafting: A Spiritual Guide to Making Magic," which I did see 1 week ago at Borders Books, but I went back the next day and it was gone. I will just have to anxiously wait!
    MystyPines

Originally posted by phoenixsong
    I haven't seen Witchcrafting. I might check the Easons website and see if it's been released in Ireland yet.

Is it written like Book of Shadows, or in the 'usual' form?
    what i can tell from browsing through it at borders it's a usual "how to" book.
    Last edited by Angelwulfe; November 5th, 2001 at 10:13 PM.
    Brightest Blessings,
    Angelwulfe

my adopted smilies:
    AIM:leesangel1983
    email:littlegirlmagenta@yahoo.com

I have both her books. I love BOS, it's great to read her personal story of how she found her way.

Witch Crafting, is great so far, but I haven't read much yet. Good excersizes, and I love how she covers writing your own BOS right at the begining. Witch Crafting has the usual format for these kinds of books, not like her book BOS.

I'm currently reading BOS and think it's wonderful. Very interesting to read how another found her way. I've also had some Egyptian connections over the past few months like she spoke of in the beginning of the book.
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
    Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
    Begin it now.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)

Cool

I just spotted it in the bookstore myself. But I'm severely low on cash AND I just finally bought Sprial Dance for the first time. I intend to finish reading the few books i've started before I buy any more new ones.

I really want to get her book though. It looked good and from what I see in this thread it comes highly recommended.
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast