Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Video Game

Um, Kolibri for the 32X and Pirates of the Carribean for the Nintendo DS

I am between playing Final fantasy 12, 10 and 8 But right now I am taking a break from playing 12.

world......... of........ warcraft

playing castelvania series on Gba, original castelvania, Aria of Sorrow & Harmony of Dissonance,Circle of the Moon. After this i fully plan on playing the full Legend of Zelda series for the Gba Original Legend of Zelda, Legend of Zelda 2, ink to the past, Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons & Oracle of time, and lastly Legend of Zelda Minish Cap.
    I'm not a huge gamer on my Gba mostly i play when im out and theres nothing better to do like 1hour lunch time at work etc.
    I'm a huge fan of the Age of Wonders Series for pc gaming, so i've been playing Age of Wonders2 & Age of Wonders Shadowmagic through email on pc, And now i found another game thats just as great called Space Empires Iv that i'm starting to play quite alot through email.

Quote Originally Posted by mtpathy View Post
    what expansions of civ3 do you have? id be oh so happy to play you a email game
    I just have the Civ 3 Gold with no expansions (there are two expansions, correct?). How do you play Civilization as an email game? It doesn't seem like the type that would lend itself to that form of communication between opponents.

While not a video game (well they made one but I've heard that it sucks), I've been itching to play Diplomacy through email. I LOVE that board game. Besides that fact that it takes like 10 hours to play it fully, it's great. For those that haven't heard of it, it's like Risk, but without dice chance involved.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is bunny 2.0...He's conquered so many sigs that he leveled up!!

myspace: http://www.myspace.com/aeroeng16

Quote Originally Posted by aeroeng View Post
    I just have the Civ 3 Gold with no expansions (there are two expansions, correct?). How do you play Civilization as an email game? It doesn't seem like the type that would lend itself to that form of communication between opponents.

While not a video game (well they made one but I've heard that it sucks), I've been itching to play Diplomacy through email. I LOVE that board game. Besides that fact that it takes like 10 hours to play it fully, it's great. For those that haven't heard of it, it's like Risk, but without dice chance involved.
    unfortunatley you need "i think" the PTW (play the world) expansion in order to play civ3 through email, my brother-in-law plays it through email on a regular basis however i've never played the game in any other mode then singleplayer, although i do own the PTW expansion somewhere..
    I have yet to buy the medievl expansion which is the latest one i believe.
    i do play Age of Wonders & AoW2 and Space Empires through email quite alot "more so AoW1 & 2 then SEiV, mostly cause im new to SEiV.
    you set up a time, supply a link to the game and i'd be more then happy to play you a few games of Diplomacy through email, another game thats free and can be played through tcp/ip is http://www.wesnoth.org/
    i tend to like fantasy based wargames myself, but if your willing id be more then happy to play other wargames through email ie: axis & allies, Risk, Chess, Go etc.

Unfortunately for Diplomacy, it requires 7 players (although there are loads of variations).

I may ask for play the world expansion as a present if you can play via email. Reduces the time commitment required (one of the reasons why my FFXI online gaming has dropped off recently).

I'll look into those other games too. I haven't played a good strategy game against anyone in a long time.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is bunny 2.0...He's conquered so many sigs that he leveled up!!

myspace: http://www.myspace.com/aeroeng16

I just managed to find a copy of Final Fantasy Chronicles at a used game store and so now I'm hooked on Chrono Trigger again. Now I can start work on unlocking the other 7 endings--I'd borrowed it years ago from a now ex-boyfriend and got nearly halfway through getting all the endings... and now I can finally do so.

My kids are really into starwars battle front 2 it's a great game
    but my fave is smackdown vs raw 2006 and burnout 3.

is offline Putting the "Cuss" in Customer
    Currently, I've only been playing DS games... The stylus control feels so good to me that if I play anything else it seems like a step back. Might try the Wii someday, though, as that has a unique control thinger, but I've never been able to actually find one, lol.

As for those DS games I'm playing, they are:

New Super Mario Bros. - This game kicks ass. Feels very similar to the original, but with updated graphics and so on. Also, has a ton of features borrowed from Mario games made since then, as well as a few new ones. Man, I wish it included those football players from Mario World and the ability to ride Yoshis... other than that, kickass game and even if you complete it there are still various mini games bundled with it.

Brain Age - Not your typical sort of game, and not one you'd want to sit and play for hours but it keeps drawing me in to see how my intelligence is improving, and I have improved considerably. First time I played my brain age was 80, lol... but I've improved and now my brain age is 26. The best possible score is 20, so I'm not doing that bad at all.

Big Brain Academy - Similar to above, but it scores you differently and is something you can play longer each day.

Clubhouse Games - Awesome collection of 40 classics; such as chess, checkers, ton of card games, billiards, mini gold, darts, mahjong, and tons of others that I'd never even heard of. Also included an enhanced version of Pictochat and the ability to play against people online. This is something that will never age, because these games are timeless.

Planet Puzzle League - Basically a remake of Tetris Attack. I'm a huge Tetris Attack fan, and this doesn't disappoint me... though I wish it had Yoshi in it like the original did.

Tetris DS - Haven't been playing this one that much lately, but this too kicks ass and is online enabled.

So yeah, I'm into puzzlers right now except for NSMB. I'm not big on button mashing forms of gaming or FPS shooters.
    “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast