Thread: I"m So Stressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry I"m So Stressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright guys, I'm hoping you can help me.
    I've decided to do my ISP essay on comparing the similarities between wicca/witchcraft and christianity. as in who came first, who took who's main principles for holidays and so on. my main problem is..i cannot find ONE ounce of info about when paganism really started...can anyone help me out!?! I HAVE to get this essay on the go, but i'm stuck, not even having written the first paragraph. lol. help! PLEASE!!!!!
    ADIA
    *Live long, Laugh hard, Love life*
    *Don't cry because it's over, be happy because it happened*
    I will be true, to a man who loves music, a man who loves art, who respects the Spirit world and thinks with his Heart. -India Arie
    I LOVE SMILIES! (maybe a tad too much...lol)
    Adopted Smilies --> :o

is offline The king of Hair Metal reigns again!
    you might want to try Avatarsearch.com-or maybe even Witchvox.com
    special thanks to WarriorZhanna for making me a sweet banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Parker View Post
    banned for being the first to ban himself.......

http://world5.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=59175883

Usually found running NAKIE with Smckim, EN & Gypsy Flower! :cheers:

I can't remember where exactly it was but someone on this board posted a link for this website that had a big chart with Wicca on one side and Xtianity on the other, and listed the beliefs and such of each religion...it might've been religious tolerance.org, but I really can't remember.

As far as the festivals, I've got a book that details most of the Pagan festivals that were celebrated in ancient Rome, and it's amazing how much the later Christian holidays take after them, even down to the dates in some cases! The name of the book is Classical Living by Frances Bernstein. It was a clearance book at Barnes & noble...maybe you could find it somewhere.

But defintiely try Witchvox or Pagan Portal...there's a good many websites with Pagan-info oriented search engines. You can find some of them in the MysticWicks resources section at the top of the page. :D

Talking Finding the begining of Paganism

is pretty vague... Caveman started it. But if you mean Wicca/witchcraft that narrows the field abit. Wicca would be the search I would start with. And if you have a big enough Library they should have some(maybe not a lot, depending on city library size)

Christianity vis a vis Wicca or anything else, is gonna start with Rome and probably the first pope or so. Then Pope Gregory? who created the current calender of days we use.

Makes actual dates kinda irrelevant since they were changed anyhow, except for the equinoxes(sp) which can be tracked without calender.
    ~Sweet Merciful Crap!~
    Freyja is my Valentine, sweeter than the sweetest wine.
    my adopted smilies

It is not that which is on the outside, but that witch is on the inside!
    T.L.F. Trey Liberation Front!
    flar7 "The Wrong One"

Well Wicca came into popularity in the 60's I believe, tho I also believe I was told it was first written about in the 40's. Witchcraft is a vastly different animal, and probably existed since the beginning of time (imagine you're a caveman - you have a tree, it provides you with shade, figs, later wood for burning.. so would you worship some God you don't know exists yet, or the tree?)

Christianity? Well Jesus died something like 2008 years ago right? And presumably Christianity came about in a large way through His teachings, so there you go.
    Last edited by Myst; November 16th, 2001 at 06:19 PM.

Links

Hi,

I found the following chart comparing Wicca and Christianity:

http://www.magickdragon.net/CW.html

And this one is on Gerald Gardner and the history of Witchcraft

http://www.geraldgardner.com/index/main.shtml
    Make sure to click on the essays for links to materials on the history of Witchcraft.

Bright Blessings,

Susan
    Practice Random Kindness and
    Senseless Acts of Beauty.

http://www.xanga.com/sjgross