Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: halloween toned down..grrr asda walmart!!

halloween toned down..grrr asda walmart!!

Well i can hardly believe it...i went with my parents to the out of town asda..which is asda walmart....i was going to check out the hallowen aisles as usual whilst shopping..lol

wed just been up the road to it in a DIY shop..B&Q and got the cutest ghost light chain...eyeing up the other stuf but thought hey..asda will have 4 aisles full as usual..ill wait..

well i have to say there were NO adult costumes..just 2 diff types of wings....and one measly aisle with mainly plastic and paper plates and a few trick n treat bags and a few masks...

i asked if they hadnt got the rest of the stuff in yet..they normally do....and no orange and black crepe paper everywhere....
    the lady replied no thats it..and weve been told to tone it down this year..
    say what..well it offends certain folks so we have to tone it down...

oh yes and the same with yuletide stuff.....

now i have friends of many diff faiths...including muslims.....
    they all say this govt has gone nuts with poloitical correctionness..after all weve all rubbed shoulders for enuff years no problems...

but its the fanatics whove complained..i am sooooooooooooooooooooo mad......and im guessing its not the christians!!

this will cause one heck of a backlash....banning store father christmas...no yule decs in case it offends.....no carols on corners in shopping centres...and now halloween.!!! It will incite more hatred the idiots..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dude, it's not even October yet. Most stores don't get into full swing until at least then, if not later. Most of the ones around here right now just have candy out (so you can eat it all now and then need more later).

Yes! Ah, yes is a word with a glorious ring! A true universal utopious thing! Engenders embracing and chasing of blues, the very best word for the whole world to use!
    - Yellow Submarine (196

Flying Caddywompus Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Fallon
    Dude, it's not even October yet. Most stores don't get into full swing until at least then, if not later. Most of the ones around here right now just have candy out (so you can eat it all now and then need more later).
    Oh, like everyone doesn't get 1 too many bags anyway.

One for the trick or treaters, and one for ME :D

Penthesilea's Castle, where my heart is..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Fallon
    Our local Wal-Mart was setting up the Halloween stuff today. The candy is out -- of course! -- and the display area looks to be the same size as last year. Bring it on! I am so ready to be weird!
    I'm an Evil Woman. FOREVER!
    Just deal with it!

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave. Gandhi

Truth Lives... and will not be hidden forever!

"En Erebos, Phos." Rev. Greg Crowfoot

“There is no “reality” that can not or will not change, no matter how real it seems to us, but we have to give it something to change TO.” Lynn Grabhorn. The “Excuse me, your life is waiting” Playbook.

Penthesilea's Castle banner by Flaire, Keyholder Banner by DonovanJoseph, all other banners and Rotations by Patriciaj, the Banner Goddess!

There isn't a sign of any Hallowe'en stuff out in the Wal-Mart out here yet. I'm hoping there will be soon, I'm thinking of getting some of that colored hairspray stuff and it's only available around here around Hallowe'en.

As for decorations... well, there's always the dollar stores. I've noticed that the Great Canadian Dollar Store and Wescal's has some really cute stuff that I may get AND it's cheap. XD

hmm... at my store, i think they started setting halloween last week? a lot of it depends on the size of the store and the amount of customers. this year, instead of just having two aisles of halloween, all the stuff is down in garden center, pretty much doubling the amount of space. *shrug*

Flaire-FireStar Guest
    Aside from the occasional store that has candy out (and very little of that), there is no Hallowe'en anything out yet. *shrugs* It's still early.

can't believe it, some people are so busy being busy, that they just don't want to take time to have fun. Our stuff in our area has not come out yet, I sure hope it isn't that way here. I have big plans, and usually we have a shop or two that is devoted for halloween.

Maybe there is another locations somewhere that has some of the stuff you want. Like a party place or costume store........good luck and sorry to here people are being that way

Yea, I remember going out for candy when I was 19
    and there was a guy dressed up as mike myers the killer ( halloween) and all he did was walk buy this little girl in a fairy costume and the little girl freaked and the mom got mad at the dressed up guy. I couldn't believe it. I could understand if he went BOO or something, but he walked by. Halloween is about being scary. Not fire men and ballerina's

Proud Mommy

I Got Full Custody!

is offline Bewitched, bothered & bewildered
    Why would adults need bags for trick or treat.....? We went with our shot glasses at the ready. Well an occational bottle of beer would go good too. :D
    "One out of every four people in this world is mentally unstable. Think
    of your three best friends. If they seem normal, you're the one." --- Ann Landers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast