Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strange Kitten Behavior! HELP!

Question Strange Kitten Behavior! HELP!

For the last week my 10 week old kitten has decided that she needs to poop in the shower stall. The litter is cleaned every day and nothings changed in her environment. Why is she doing this? How do I get her to stop?
    It is just BEYOND desgusting!!!!
    OFFICIALLY PROTECTED BY THE OSC!
    REST WITH THE ANGELS
    Laura Jane Yelsits Faedi
    5/12/62 ~ 4/9/10
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha
    The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.
    -E.C.Stanton

Always be honest.
    Make me laugh.
    Respect boundaries.
    Take me as I am.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say.
    Be thoughtful and make me feel special.
    -ME

is offline Keeper of the Emerald Necklace
    I've had a cat or two thats done this....it is gross....I just put the litter box in the shower (or tub) till they figured it out...you might try a different kind of litter...cats can get persnickety at times...good luck!

Sitting in a corner thinking about what I have done
    I would keep a close eye on her, sometimes when cats start going in odd places they are trying to tell you they are ill. Also, even though you keep your litterbox clean, some cats just don't like to share. I have a cat like that. She has to have her own box or she will go elsewhere.
    You have the right to remain silent....Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Thank You Sennefer!

"To me, photography is an art of observation.
    It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place...
    I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them." ~ Elliot Erwitt

Once you have seen someones true colors,
    you can never paint over them. ~CLR~

Lots of boxes!!!!!! And one in the stall!!!

I literally have NO room for another box and I refuse to give into her by putting a litter box in my shower.......
    Plus she does use the litter box 80% of the time........
    She's using the litterbox as I type this
    Last edited by Lilith Morgaine; September 13th, 2005 at 09:29 AM.
    REST WITH THE ANGELS
    Laura Jane Yelsits Faedi
    5/12/62 ~ 4/9/10
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha
    The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.
    -E.C.Stanton

Always be honest.
    Make me laugh.
    Respect boundaries.
    Take me as I am.
    -ME

she did it in all four corners of the shower... could it be territorial?
    REST WITH THE ANGELS
    Laura Jane Yelsits Faedi
    5/12/62 ~ 4/9/10
    -E.C.Stanton

Always be honest.
    Make me laugh.
    Respect boundaries.
    Take me as I am.
    -ME

lots of cats do that. I was lucky with my kitty, alls she would do is pee right down the drain...lol...

And what do I do seeing as how I *LITERALLY* have no room for another litter box? Am I suppose to put it next to my couch orn in the middle of the living room? Or how about next to my bed....... *sarcasm*
    Any ideas???? I'm desperate!!!
    REST WITH THE ANGELS
    Laura Jane Yelsits Faedi
    5/12/62 ~ 4/9/10
    -E.C.Stanton

Always be honest.
    Make me laugh.
    Respect boundaries.
    Take me as I am.
    -ME

I have no useful advice, but look on the bright side, at least she chose a place where it's easy to clean up, not ground into carpet or something

Randell did it once when I bought him a new box. He wanted his old one back. Cats can get spitful sometimes. But ya got to love them. You might want to consult your vet and she what he/she has to say.

BB
    DS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast