Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Catholic or Protestant?

Catholic or Protestant?

Which branch or branches of the Christian faith do you incorporate in your faith?

Protestant. Was raised Baptist, but went to Catholic school. Actually have begun a major interest in gnostic/mystic Christianity, and have begun some research into those areas.

Mostly protestant. But, I do have a rosary and a Virgin Mary nightlight. I also feel a strong connection to Saint Therese. I also feel communion is literally the flesh and blood of Jesus too.

is offline Obsessive Compulsive Thelemite
    As a Thelemite, I consider myself (and all of my Fraters and Sorors in all the Thelemic Orders or solitary practices across the world) heir to the gnostic traditions.
    Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love Under Will

The Thelemic Order of the Golden Dawn
    http://thelemicgoldendawn.org/

The Sanctuary of Thoth
    http://www.thelemicgoldendawn.org/thoth.htm

Hermeticka.com
    http://www.hermeticka.com/

I just recently in the past year thought to go back to Christianity but still holding on paganism thus Christian Witch. At first I was interested in Catholicism, but lately I've considered Protestantism. But since there's so many branches of it, it's hard to decide where to go with it. Even though I'm claiming Christianity, I haven't really started worshipping Jesus again, but I believe that god, and Jesus are two seperate people or entities. But I do honor Christ. How many of you actually worship Christ and see him as god or God? I thought about this last night and may consider praying and worshipping Jesus again. But as a witch I don't know if that's crossing the line.

Catholic.....but not practicing faithfully

I'm a recovering Cathoholic

I am long since past any resentment I had of Roman Catholocism, and have been investigating Christianity more fully, mainly by reading the Bible (KJV) and making my own investigations of the path. I am not pursuing a Christo-Witch path, but have learned a lot more than the Catholic Church lets you know ... one of my main issues with the church was the need to have an Intercessor between believer and diety.

I am the religious right. Just not the religion most people expect.

Contrary to popular belief, Hello Kitty is not my totem animal.

A wayfarer should not walk unarmed, But have his weapons to hand: He knows not when he may need a spear, Or what menace meet on the road. ~~Havamal #38
    Become the change you wish to see in the world.
    The Cellar

Quote Originally Posted by gurlygurl2004
    How many of you actually worship Christ and see him as god or God? I thought about this last night and may consider praying and worshipping Jesus again. But as a witch I don't know if that's crossing the line.

I don't see a problem with worshipping Jesus as Godde. I don't, but recognize that he has Divine Authority, and in that way that made him Godde on Earth, and that he's in Heaven as the right hand of Godde. I guess I'm kind of wierd in that I feel he was a human (I don't claim to know about the Virgin birth as a fact, though) that was given Divine Authority to perform the works and mission that he did while he was here, and that made him a representative of Godde, but didn't make him Godde, yet the Authority itself that Jesus had was Godde's... if that makes sense. So I include Jesus as a part of my acknowledgements of the God and Goddess aspects of Godde, but not in and of himself as Godde.

Oh, and I worship as a Protestant... witch.
    http://avalonrisen.mithrilstar.org/ For your Pagan/Druid/Wiccan shopping needs. Proceeds help in efforts to prevent overlogging of the sacred Costal Redwood

Dryad's Realm: a vision for a wonderful alternative camping experience Woo hoo! The link is working now! Check it out!

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

One cannot learn the truth when one has already decided what the truth is

Did I miss a memo or something ... why are you spelling it G-o-d-d-e?

I am the religious right. Just not the religion most people expect.

Contrary to popular belief, Hello Kitty is not my totem animal.

A wayfarer should not walk unarmed, But have his weapons to hand: He knows not when he may need a spear, Or what menace meet on the road. ~~Havamal #38
    Become the change you wish to see in the world.
    The Cellar

Quote Originally Posted by wolf
    Did I miss a memo or something ... why are you spelling it G-o-d-d-e?

Oh, that's just my way of including the God and the Goddess as seperate but unified Divine entities. I stole the idea from someone on one of my Christian witchy Yahoo groups.
    http://avalonrisen.mithrilstar.org/ For your Pagan/Druid/Wiccan shopping needs. Proceeds help in efforts to prevent overlogging of the sacred Costal Redwood

Dryad's Realm: a vision for a wonderful alternative camping experience Woo hoo! The link is working now! Check it out!

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

One cannot learn the truth when one has already decided what the truth is

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast