Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Catholic or Protestant?

I tried to incorporate Protestant beliefs, specifically Baptist, into my witch path . . . While it worked to an extent, I grew to not enjoy the hate and bickering that goes on in their denominations. (It is pretty sad when you have to place a ward up to sit through service.) I am converting to Catholicism, mainly because I've always felt a pull towards it, and I find peace in their rites. I've read their Catechism, and find that it does leave room for other paths that lead to Truth.

As for Jesus . . . I have went from saying he was a man . . . when I totally rejected Christianity as a new witch. (My brain was full of Wicca, and I didn't see a place for him in that religion.) To thinking he was a great witch who had Godde in him as I do. I have come full circle . . . I see know problem with Jesus being Godde . . . tripart deities abound in all cultures. As for dying to save me from hell. I believe he died to show us the road to union with Godde in perfect Truth and Love.

My priest said that purgatory is where we go after death in this plane to make ourselves "perfect" before we are allowed to move on to join Godde. Now, I've long felt this . . . but I saw it as reincarnation . . . now I can see it as a viable part of my religious walk.

My two cents
    Give me the Roses, I already have the Thorns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjakitten
    Oh, that's just my way of including the God and the Goddess as seperate but unified Divine entities. I stole the idea from someone on one of my Christian witchy Yahoo groups.
    :shrugs:

IMHO, the original spelling does that just fine ...

I am the religious right. Just not the religion most people expect.

Contrary to popular belief, Hello Kitty is not my totem animal.

A wayfarer should not walk unarmed, But have his weapons to hand: He knows not when he may need a spear, Or what menace meet on the road. ~~Havamal #38
    Become the change you wish to see in the world.
    The Cellar

none I guess!

:spinnysmi Not that evil and not that good either :spinnysmi

thanx aconite for the great banner!!

I got ghosted by Smckim

Hum...I pull from the Catholic aspect into my witchcraft...but I leave all the dogma where it belongs...to those who feel the need to oppress others.

Gumbo

I would say a lot of different factors play a role in my spiritualty from Roman Catholicism,Universalism,Islam,taoism,Buddhism,Gnosticism,Spiritualists.I mean I learned and was taught all of these things so they are bound to have influence to a degree.
    Forgot Kabbalah too.
    Beware my friends as you pass by,
    as you are now so ounce was I,
    as I am now so you shall be,
    prepare my friends to follow me.
    -Old Tombstone saying.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange eons even death may die.
    -H.P.Lovecraft

RAY OF LIGHT
    Integrated Massage Therepy.
    56 n.bedford Street.
    E.Bridgewater,Ma 02333
    508-350-9991
    For messages ask for Ray
    For Reiki,Past life regression,crystal therapy,and spirit guides ask for Kerry.
    www.getthestressout.com

Yummy! Christian Gumbo... er, in the religious sense, not in the... you know what I mean!
    http://avalonrisen.mithrilstar.org/ For your Pagan/Druid/Wiccan shopping needs. Proceeds help in efforts to prevent overlogging of the sacred Costal Redwood

Dryad's Realm: a vision for a wonderful alternative camping experience Woo hoo! The link is working now! Check it out!

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

One cannot learn the truth when one has already decided what the truth is

I know what you mean ninja
    Beware my friends as you pass by,
    as you are now so ounce was I,
    as I am now so you shall be,
    prepare my friends to follow me.
    -Old Tombstone saying.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange eons even death may die.
    -H.P.Lovecraft

RAY OF LIGHT
    Integrated Massage Therepy.
    56 n.bedford Street.
    E.Bridgewater,Ma 02333
    508-350-9991
    For messages ask for Ray
    For Reiki,Past life regression,crystal therapy,and spirit guides ask for Kerry.
    www.getthestressout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cyzarine
    Hum...I pull from the Catholic aspect into my witchcraft...but I leave all the dogma where it belongs...to those who feel the need to oppress others.
    I agree with this Cyzarine ... I also pull from the Catholic fatih and am in the process of trying to merge my wiccan beliefs with my christian ones. But, I also leave the dogma behind

I've always kind of felt an affinity with Catholicism... I think there are distinct Pagan traits to it, the veneration of the saints and the Virgin Mary? ... and maybe it's just because I'm reluctant to let go of it, but i do still respect Catholic traditions, even if I don't actually believe everything the Bible tells us any more...
    ~ Light up, light up, ~
    ~ As if you have a choice ~
    ~ Even if you cannot hear my voice, ~
    ~ I'll be right beside you dear. ~

^ Thanks to GEBS for my little friend here ^

:

Quote Originally Posted by CleftOfLight
    I would say a lot of different factors play a role in my spiritualty from Roman Catholicism,Universalism,Islam,taoism,Buddhism,Gnosticism,Spiritualists.I mean I learned and was taught all of these things so they are bound to have influence to a degree.
    Forgot Kabbalah too.

Oh neat combo. Wow, Kabbalah, do you ever get annoyed by Madonna and those celebrities who get wrapped in a religion that they don't really know?LOL
    Last edited by gurlygurl2004; November 13th, 2005 at 12:15 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast