Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Catholic or Protestant?

Quote Originally Posted by gurlygurl2004
    Oh neat combo. Wow, Kabbalah, do you ever get annoyed by Madonna and those celebrities who get wrapped in a religion that they don't really know?LOL

Don't you hate it when someone tries to turn something spiritual into a fad? Wait, isn't that what the Romans eventually did to Christianity?
    http://avalonrisen.mithrilstar.org/ For your Pagan/Druid/Wiccan shopping needs. Proceeds help in efforts to prevent overlogging of the sacred Costal Redwood

Dryad's Realm: a vision for a wonderful alternative camping experience Woo hoo! The link is working now! Check it out!

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

One cannot learn the truth when one has already decided what the truth is

Maybe but it stood the test of time.

Geez! I need to come up with a money making fad like that!
    http://avalonrisen.mithrilstar.org/ For your Pagan/Druid/Wiccan shopping needs. Proceeds help in efforts to prevent overlogging of the sacred Costal Redwood

Dryad's Realm: a vision for a wonderful alternative camping experience Woo hoo! The link is working now! Check it out!

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

One cannot learn the truth when one has already decided what the truth is

Quote Originally Posted by gurlygurl2004
    Oh neat combo. Wow, Kabbalah, do you ever get annoyed by Madonna and those celebrities who get wrapped in a religion that they don't really know?LOL
    Ty gurly Gurl,and no I dont get annoyed with Madonna its her life and if it makes her happy thats fine with me.Kabbalah to me is more of a key to understanding things rather than a relgion per sae,but to each there own.
    Beware my friends as you pass by,
    as you are now so ounce was I,
    as I am now so you shall be,
    prepare my friends to follow me.
    -Old Tombstone saying.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange eons even death may die.
    -H.P.Lovecraft

RAY OF LIGHT
    Integrated Massage Therepy.
    56 n.bedford Street.
    E.Bridgewater,Ma 02333
    508-350-9991
    For messages ask for Ray
    For Reiki,Past life regression,crystal therapy,and spirit guides ask for Kerry.
    www.getthestressout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjakitten
    Don't you hate it when someone tries to turn something spiritual into a fad? Wait, isn't that what the Romans eventually did to Christianity?
    Ha ha ninja in a strange way isnt that how all major religions became major? If you read about any of the Major religions there was always someone or a group that came to power that promoted that particular beliefe.
    Beware my friends as you pass by,
    as you are now so ounce was I,
    as I am now so you shall be,
    prepare my friends to follow me.
    -Old Tombstone saying.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange eons even death may die.
    -H.P.Lovecraft

RAY OF LIGHT
    Integrated Massage Therepy.
    56 n.bedford Street.
    E.Bridgewater,Ma 02333
    508-350-9991
    For messages ask for Ray
    For Reiki,Past life regression,crystal therapy,and spirit guides ask for Kerry.
    www.getthestressout.com

If you want to talk about a religion or cult, think of Scientology. I've heard about this group and I saw a quote from the founder that makes me feel like it didn't start off on good intentions.Paraphasing, L Ron Hubber(t), if you wanna make money start a religion.

Yeah, speaking of Scientology...here's the link:
    Scientology
    Yeah, gurlygurl2004, I heard the same thing. Don't really know where...it might have actually been on the website in the link.

Smile I pick ? to incorpate with my path...

Catholicism...but I leave the church's dogma behind. And I don't interpret the bible as the literal words of God. Man created the bible just like he created religion. As a result, there are lots of mistakes in the bible that get overlooked all the time by radical Christians. Instead I view the bible as either mythology/folklore, or as a series of metaphors at the very least.

The way mainstream religion is today would proably offend Jesus if he saw that his message of love is not getting through. No wonder why so many of us are leaving the church... or have left. I was raised Catholic growing up, so its proably no suprise that I would incorpate it into my path. But I do this with a liberal mindset. Thats just how I am. Very diverse and openminded, what can I say?

Blessings,
    SunFlowerJade

Quote Originally Posted by SunFlowerJade
    Catholicism...but I leave the church's dogma behind. And I don't interpret the bible as the literal words of God. Man created the bible just like he created religion. As a result, there are lots of mistakes in the bible that get overlooked all the time by radical Christians. Instead I view the bible as either mythology/folklore, or as a series of metaphors at the very least.

The way mainstream religion is today would proably offend Jesus if he saw that his message of love is not getting through. No wonder why so many of us are leaving the church... or have left. I was raised Catholic growing up, so its proably no suprise that I would incorpate it into my path. But I do this with a liberal mindset. Thats just how I am. Very diverse and openminded, what can I say?

Blessings,
    SunFlowerJade

I've heard that before, but the weird thing is, with very little resources and references of Jesus, and when I say very little I mean "outside of the Christian Church and KJV of the bible) it seems like we don't really know who Jesus was, I mean he may have been the uptight bastard(excuse my language) that radicals make you think he was, or he could've been more laid back like the pagans, witches, and hippies are today. But at the same time I think pagans interpret Christ like that and wow,,, it's just so confusing. I'd like to think he's more laid back then my past preacher, or my mom(some of the really radical people I had to deal with) but if I'm just saying that to make me feel better.

I'm essentially protestant in my outlook but I was brought up that way. I'm not currently attending any given church.
    My website:
    mauvedragon's historical and pagan pages http://www.geocities.com/anitaruthb/

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast