Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Catholic or Protestant?

i don't officially yet belong to an actual denomination, but i plan on becoming a member of the church i pretty much grew up in, which is a Protestant church. i guess that pretty much gives you your answer, although there are Catholic traditions i like.
    zionmystic.livejournal.com
    About my username: It's after a little wooded area i hang out in, near a church called Zion. Later i found out the word "Zionwood" may have political implications, but that wasn't my intent at all when i picked it.

I'm an Episcopalian. That means it's a blend of Catholic and Protestant both.

I did attend Mass at the Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine this evening and got a new Mary sculpture. It is the Our Lady of Grace where she's standing there with her hands open in a simple gesture of welcome. She occupies pride of place right on top of my computer desk now.

I have a serious thing for Mary. I also am getting into St. Francis of Assisi too. Did I spell that right?

is offline It will soon be the Birth of the Christ
    Catholic
    "A boy's will is the wind's will/And the thoughts of youth are long long thoughts"
    -"My Lost Youth" Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

MW: Christian Witchcraft

I was raised Pentecostal and still incorporate some of that into my present path.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
    I'm an Episcopalian. That means it's a blend of Catholic and Protestant both.

I did attend Mass at the Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine this evening and got a new Mary sculpture. It is the Our Lady of Grace where she's standing there with her hands open in a simple gesture of welcome. She occupies pride of place right on top of my computer desk now.

I have a serious thing for Mary. I also am getting into St. Francis of Assisi too. Did I spell that right?
    Yeah, I have an interest mainly in Catholicism and Anglicanism.

Quote Originally Posted by RayneFyre View Post
    I was raised Pentecostal and still incorporate some of that into my present path.
    The church I worked at this summer was apparently Penecostal.

Quote Originally Posted by Christo Pagan View Post
    Neither actually. I have incorporated Christian Gnosticism into my practice for both it's mystical aspects, as well as it's acceptance of the feminine side of divinity.

But what denomination does the Christian part take from mostly? Or is Christian Gnosticism a branch into itself?

Quote Originally Posted by gurlygurl2004 View Post
    Which branch or branches of the Christian faith do you incorporate in your faith?
    Both, since I'm an Episcopalian. I often call myself an "Episcopagan."

Hmm. I forgot I'd responded to this thread already. Silly me.
    Last edited by Lovehound; July 14th, 2007 at 07:49 PM.

Protestant, but I like the rosary. I've only prayed with it a couple times. But, I conntect to it and hold it somtimes. I also like Mary and certain saints. I like a lot about Catholicism, but I"m not Catholic.

Catholicism, without the dogma, as others have mentioned. I also don't take the bible as the literal and unfallible word of God. I see Jesus as an enlightened human being, not as a savior but rather, as a guide on how to connect to our higher consciousness and be closer to God. I think Jesus was neither hardline conservative nor super hippie, I think he was like most people, sometimes uptight, and sometimes mellow. I think his life is a microcosm of each persons existence; sometimes we're teachers, sometimes we're victims, sometimes we're healers, etc.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast