Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Catholic or Protestant?

is offline Breathe deep, seek peace.
    I've found a home in the Episcopal Church.

I'm Catholic. I grew up Protestant, fell away, dabbled in many things (including a fling with some different deities), but then converted and was confirmed in the Catholic Church.

I am just exploring the Christo-pagan blend but I would have to say so far I like the esoteric/ mystic side of it. Buddah meets Glenda and has Goddess worshipping babies who seek the inner wisdom of the Christ within.

Greenwolf

Oh Violet Sunflower...? Mormonism is a separate branch from protestant and most protestants think it is a cult... or they did when I was in bible school...mind you there was a lot of dark suspicion about RC too!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwolf View Post
    [SIZE=3]
    Oh Violet Sunflower...? Mormonism is a separate branch from protestant and most protestants think it is a cult... or they did when I was in bible school...mind you there was a lot of dark suspicion about RC too!
    Very true. Well except that Protestants think it's a cult. A lot do but not all. I would say that belongs mainly to the Evangelical bit of the group as does the RC bashing. But Mormons aren't exactly Protestant, that's true enough.
    Maggie in the Mead {blog}

"I met a lady in the meads,
    Full beautiful - a faery’s child,
    Her hair was long, her foot was light,
    And her eyes were wild.
    "
    -John Keats (La Belle Dame sans Merci)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict4310 View Post
    I'm Catholic. I grew up Protestant, fell away, dabbled in many things (including a fling with some different deities), but then converted and was confirmed in the Catholic Church.

Pretty cool! I used to be Catholic myself. What rite are you, specifically? I love the Eastern Rites myself
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Pretty cool! I used to be Catholic myself. What rite are you, specifically? I love the Eastern Rites myself
    I'm Latin rite. I like the East too! I would love to experience the Eastern liturgy sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Rain View Post
    I don't really incorporate and "branches" of Christianity into my faith. The only thing that I brought over to my path from Christianity was my belief on Salvation through Jesus Christ and worshiping God/Jesus/Holy Spirit (the divine). Other than that, all of my traditions and beliefs are mostly Pagan. I don't know if that really made a whole lot of sense lol.
    Morgan that makes perfect sense to me. I am at this time the same way. I have not brought over any real influences into my practice. To see me and my rituals you would believe that I am just a pagan.

Now I was raised Roman Catholic, when I lived down south we did attended the Methodist church (this was to stop the things that were happening to my children at school because I was a "witch") and when we moved up north my daughter and I went to ELCA Lutheran when she wanted to become a Christian, she wanted me to approve.

I'm catholic, raised in a atheist household, dabbled in some other paths and protestant churches before coming to the catholic church which has always had a appeal for me. I was recieved into the church at the easter vigil this year. What i love about the catholic church is the focus on mary, the saints and ritual.

"I want to feel everything, to tell everything, to walk naked.That is my protection"- Sally Banner,The Chapel Perilous

Neither I am a Gnostic.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    I'm a recovering Cathoholic

I am long since past any resentment I had of Roman Catholocism, and have been investigating Christianity more fully, mainly by reading the Bible (KJV) and making my own investigations of the path.
    I've heard that the KVJ of the Bible isn't the best translation/version of the Bible

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast