Page 3 of 455 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT Support Thread- Come Inside :)

ok that is what I thought.

It's like that here too. Bisexuals don't belong anywhere else but with themselves. We're not gay, and we're not straight. We're bisexual because we want to sleep with everyone. And both sides want to convert us, or leave us alone entirely. It hurts to hear my lesbian friend say those things too. Maybe we need a bisexual support group?

Argent

is offline Goddess bless your little cotton socks!
    I thought there was one on here at one stage... or was that something else? *trys to remember*

It's like they figure just because you're attracted to both sexes you'll do anyone. Everyone else has standards except us.

I think there should be more information and support available for bisexual people, like online and at youth centers etc, because people aren't really educated on it, even less so than with homosexuality.

Hmmm see I have only been out of the closet as it were for a year now, so I have not come across any of these type of things from anyone yet. So I am not sure what to think...

Here is one for the U.S. folks: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BiNetUSA/

If you join that group, there is a recent email about a comment Dr. Ruth made saying exactly that. She says bisexuals don't exist.

And here is a link to a really cool lady and bisexual activist: http://www.lorainehutchins.com/

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Great links.

There isnt nearly enough support for bisexuals, but it doesnt mean that we should segregate from the whole community of lgbt. I just think that we definitely need to educate people more on bigotry. Especially on how much sexuality does not define your life and how homosexuals can be bigots just as well as straight people.

We are entirely too orientated about other people's sex lives..and it deminishes from themselves as a whole. There is soo much more to a person than sexual attraction. Not to say sex isnt great, but my gods..we hear about it in everything we do. Tv, ads, magazines, class, etc.. Not that I dont enjoy the conversations (As I am a member of MWAD..heheh). But, I think it needs to be lowered a key on the big picture..such as politics and religion. ya know?
    You remind me of the babe.
    What babe?
    The babe with the power.
    What power?
    The power of voodoo.
    Who do?
    You do.
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe
    ~Labryinth

Sometimes I wonder if this is even my own reality..
    My MW gallery pics

Quote Originally Posted by Purrcatnip
    Great links.

There isnt nearly enough support for bisexuals, but it doesnt mean that we should segregate from the whole community of lgbt. I just think that we definitely need to educate people more on bigotry. Especially on how much sexuality does not define your life and how homosexuals can be bigots just as well as straight people.

We are entirely too orientated about other people's sex lives..and it deminishes from themselves as a whole. There is soo much more to a person than sexual attraction. Not to say sex isnt great, but my gods..we hear about it in everything we do. Tv, ads, magazines, class, etc.. Not that I dont enjoy the conversations (As I am a member of MWAD..heheh). But, I think it needs to be lowered a key on the big picture..such as politics and religion. ya know?
    I agree whole heartedly!

Do you all do "pride" events? I have done a couple, and there was actually a bisexual tent at one. One of my best friends who is gay will never participate. He says when straight people start having pride events, then he will go to a gay pride one.

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

I belong to a GSA, but I haven't done a pride event because they just don't interest me.
    I'll put a spell on you;
    You'll fall asleep, and I'll put a spell on you.
    And when I wake you, I'll be the first thing you see,
    And you'll realize that you love me.
    Aqualung (Strange & Beautiful)

I have been to one pride event before. It was neat. I like them as a way to show people that yes, the lgbt community is out there. Its a way to show how many of us there really are, and with larger numbers come more acceptance. Its also a great way to just go have fun.

Straight people dont need pride marches simply because there is no major debate about heterosexuality, and there is bias against them. When the day comes that homosexuality is accepted and people dont think its a mortal sin. Then I wont need to go to a pride march, and I wont need to be part of a support group, and I wont need to read about politics involving homosexuality.

hmm..but that is my opinion. I know its different for everyone.
    You remind me of the babe.
    What babe?
    The babe with the power.
    What power?
    The power of voodoo.
    Who do?
    You do.
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe
    ~Labryinth

Sometimes I wonder if this is even my own reality..
    My MW gallery pics

Do you all do "pride" events?
    back in my hometwon I went to the first one that our town had, we had one religous protestor but that was ok at least he was not disruptive.

it is sad before that pride parade one of my friends had his house broken into and his rats killed- one each time these guys would break into his home, and threatnend he was next. I really think some people are scary.

Page 3 of 455 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast