Page 4 of 455 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT Support Thread- Come Inside :)

is offline Goddess bless your little cotton socks!
    That's pretty scary. Poor guy.

I agree with what purrrcatnip said.. whole heartedly.

I don't really think it's fair that we have pride days when straght peolpe don't... wouldn't it be better to have a celebrate all sexualities day? (including asexuality)

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    I don't really think it's fair that we have pride days when straght peolpe don't... wouldn't it be better to have a celebrate all sexualities day? (including asexuality)

You mean like a sexual equality day? Oo..see that would be much more fair, and would get out point across better. They should do those.
    You remind me of the babe.
    What babe?
    The babe with the power.
    What power?
    The power of voodoo.
    Who do?
    You do.
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe
    ~Labryinth

Sometimes I wonder if this is even my own reality..
    My MW gallery pics

Quote Originally Posted by Purrcatnip
    You mean like a sexual equality day? Oo..see that would be much more fair, and would get out point across better. They should do those.
    Sexual Equality Day sounds like a women's rights thing to me

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

It does rather, I'd have to agree there. Sounds like it'd be full of feminists, which I have nothing against, but yeah. Go sexual equality!

Argent

och, your right.. it does... I meant more so sexuality like (bisexual, homosexual)..but it sounds more like the sexes.. Ok.. so.. What would you call it then?.. Lmao.
    You remind me of the babe.
    What babe?
    The babe with the power.
    What power?
    The power of voodoo.
    Who do?
    You do.
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe
    ~Labryinth

Sometimes I wonder if this is even my own reality..
    My MW gallery pics

is offline Goddess bless your little cotton socks!
    Sexual expression day?
    oh wait... maybe not... lol

Sexual pride day?

Sexuality Day? No, wait, Sexuality Awareness? No, sounds crass. A Celebration of Sexuality? Or A Celebration of Sexual Diversity?

I'm all out of ideas.

Argent
    Last edited by argento_occhi; November 3rd, 2005 at 08:40 AM.

Hmm.. the bi issue.

For the record, I am one lesbian that see's the differences as minimal at best. However, there is a reason many lesbians see only the bad parts.. I've met plenty of bisexual women who wanted it all.. Had the boyfriend to take care of them, and the girl on the side.. (or vice versa).. and they fell.. then got hurt. It sucks, but that's how they then view all bisexuals. It IS something that happens.. but is not ALL of what happens. I can understand not having any preconceptions about who you'd fall for.. I actually can fall in love with a guy.. emotionally, but there's nothing else there and they end up like big brothers/best friends.. I feel that way about friends.. there is only a physical attraction to women.. (and I can find something great about almost ANY woman.. because part of the attraction is personality)

Don't leave the LGBT completely.. LGT doesn't look right.. (j/k) There are some of us that don't discount you, even if you don't see us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaija
    Hmm.. the bi issue.

For the record, I am one lesbian that see's the differences as minimal at best. However, there is a reason many lesbians see only the bad parts.. I've met plenty of bisexual women who wanted it all.. Had the boyfriend to take care of them, and the girl on the side.. (or vice versa).. and they fell.. then got hurt. It sucks, but that's how they then view all bisexuals. It IS something that happens.. but is not ALL of what happens. I can understand not having any preconceptions about who you'd fall for.. I actually can fall in love with a guy.. emotionally, but there's nothing else there and they end up like big brothers/best friends.. I feel that way about friends.. there is only a physical attraction to women.. (and I can find something great about almost ANY woman.. because part of the attraction is personality)

Don't leave the LGBT completely.. LGT doesn't look right.. (j/k) There are some of us that don't discount you, even if you don't see us.
    Never meant to imply it was all lesbians and never intended to separate the B either. It's just frustrating that people who have been discriminated against about their sexuality are so insensitive about other people who are treated similarly. You just expect that there would be some compassion and understanding there and my experience has been one of contempt, sacrcasm and hatred, for the *most* part, from both straight people and gays and lesbians.

But then again, I see alot of pagans doing the same thing . . . hating on and prejudging other religions in the same way that we are.

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Hey all, I'm a bisexual too. Seems like there are a lot of us here. I understand some of the wariness that some people have of bisexuals. First of all, I completely understand Kaija's post. I have run into it too. People who want to be able to date both sexes simultaneously....not if you haven't agreed on a poly relationship. Also, I have come across several (oh too many) people who are bi-curious as opposed to bisexual. I dated a girl for a while and when things started to get serious, she dumped me saying "I can date a girl, but when its time to start a family I can only marry a guy". I dated a girl that said she was bisexual, but actually was just curious about women, and when I got good and attached, she decided that she was indeed straight, and only liked to "make out" with girls. Anyhow, I am completely for being bisexual....just make sure that you are on the same page before you date someone...gay straight or whatever.

Anyhow, I better introduce myself before I get too far....
    I'm a 22 year old bisexual female. I am from Ohio. I'm half Arab and half Hispanic. I have taken part in a few pride events. I respect all orientations, races, religions, etc. I am divorced from a 3 year relationship with a man. I have a son who is a product of that marriage. He is a joy to me. My ex husband and I are still pretty good friends. Before my husband I only dated women. We've been apart now for almost a year, and I haven't dated anyone...(sigh)
    I am trying to decide on something to study in college, so I've taken some time off, in the interest of saving money. I work part time, and live with my parents again (Bleh). I am out to everyone but my extended family. Although my parents and I haven't talked about it in years (not needing to, since I've been married and whatnot), they are aware, but ignore it quite well.
    I like to read, watch TV and movies. I am a big fan of scifi and fantasy, I like geeky stuff, cosplay, cooking, camping, adventures, and having a generally good time...in between mothering and having good conversation.
    Nice to meet y'all.
    "Warriorship is a profession of courage, a calling to valor - not just on the battlefield, but in all of life’s conflicts."
    "If there is any hope for the future, it surely must rest upon the ability to stare unflinchingly into the heart of darkness."
    "The gentleman desires to be halting in speech but quick in action."
    "Do right, fear no man."
    "Men whose acts are at variance with their words command no respect, and what they say has but little weight."
    "Lying is done with words and also with silence."
    "If you stand straight, do not fear a crooked shadow."
    "A man does not extricate himself from difficulty at the expense of his associates."
    "If the enemy leaves a door open, you must rush in."
    "I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
    "If he is willing to kill, then he must be prepared to die. It is only right."
    >>>Yah ta hey! Hoka hey!<<<

Page 4 of 455 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast