Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Affirmations.

Behind the iron curtain in the axis of evil
    I'm not saying one about affirmations. I only wish affirmations worked for me. I've tried and tried and they never work. I guess it's because for me they don't address the issue or they aren't deep (too superficial and plastic). It's like I don't feel any sustenance in them. It feels like I distance myself from reality (not good),when it's not called for at the moment. (In ritual or journey work it's fine and right to do that, but not with serious things).
    I think what works better for me....I think, is steps or projects or study (study works good), an effort to get to the root instead of continued denial or stuffing in a closet only to have it all fall on me the next time the door is opened.
    Or is there some secret to affirmations that nobody has ever let me in on?

Heart of Isis

Affirmations are positive sayings or thoughts that help us meet goals or feel better. There's no secret just repetive thoughts or sayings.
    Eowyn - "The women of this country learned long ago, those without swords can still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain."

More on affirmations:

Self-affirmations are:

Healing, positive self-scripts you give to yourself to counter your negative self-scripts.

Vehicles by which you can free yourself from the over-dependence on other's opinions, attitudes, or feelings about you and feel good about yourself.

The visualization of a new order and sense in your life, which you can work toward achieving.

You take personal responsibility for your health and emotional stability.

You let go of negative emotional baggage you have been carrying. Only then will you be able to deal with your life in a realistic and positive manner.

The resolution of feelings from the past so that you can face the present with a less obstructed view.

You give yourself permission to grow, to change, to take risks, to rise up, and to create a better life for yourself.

You take a healthy `"selfish'' or self-oriented route in your life so that you can "let go'' of these people who drain your resources and keep you from experiencing full personal health.

The recognition of your rights and affirming your claim on them, giving you an equitable chance of achieving your fullest potential.

Success prophecies that, when visualized, imagined, or believed in, do come true.
    Eowyn - "The women of this country learned long ago, those without swords can still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain."

Behind the iron curtain in the axis of evil
    Wow, thank you for giving me more information on affirmations then I have ever received! Nicely detailed explanation. I really appreciated this because I have asked many in the past to tell me about affirmations and all I ever got was: "they are just positive things you say and they work". Makes one wonder how any books ever get written.

In looking at all this I concluded that while affirmations are definitely a tool and can be quite useful, I think their effectiveness depends on the individual and more importantly the circumstances that individual is in or surrounded by.

I've tried them many times with no change for the better or any measured success for me. Again though, it depends on individual circumstances.

One of the things I really worry about with affirmations (and this is my opinion and view only), is that they could lead to conceit or egotism or a false outlook on one's self. That would not be healthy in my opinion. (It's not healthy to deny reality for one could end up denying danger to one's well-being that's in front of one or end up like a piece of plastic becoming a shallow person). Like I said, this is my view and does not reflect anyone else's. Am I totally misunderstanding the whole affirmation effect here?

For me, I already have a visualization of new order in my life in certain areas that I would like to see. I definitely take responsibility for me health and for 80% of me emotional stability. (Why only 80%? Because it's a proven fact that we as humans are effected by how others treat us and behave toward us). Plus being a highly sensitive empath makes it get intense at times and very hard to deal with.
    I believe the past has a place in the present for it is the past from which we learn many lessons. However, for me, I don't believe I have any feelings from the past to resolve. I'm too busy struggling with the present ones.

I believe I have "permission to grow, to change, to take risks, to rise up. I just don't have all the tools, know-how or the finances to do so.

Ah, "letting go of these people whom drain your resources and keep you from experiencing full personal health": The only way I could do that is to quit my present job, move out of this nightmarish city I live in and pretty much go live in a cave somewhere totally isolated from people in general. ( Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind a job where I just work with machines or something). Actually, all that doesn't sound that bad really. (I figure I'm almost 50% there. The only friends I have are in cyber-space..not much I can do about that and there is absolutely nothing to do in my area so I never go out).

Lastly, I'm not completely sure but, I don't think one can guarantee that prophecies visualized, imagined and believed in always come true. Even self-fulfilling ones.

I don't know, maybe I'm missing the whole thing here.

Heart of Isis

Has anybody used this site?

Wisdom cards

I think it's absolutely fantastic, and i hope to be buying these cards very soon
    May there be a miracle in your life today & may you have the eyes to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Isis
    Wow, thank you for giving me more information on affirmations then I have ever received! Nicely detailed explanation. I really appreciated this because I have asked many in the past to tell me about affirmations and all I ever got was: "they are just positive things you say and they work". Makes one wonder how any books ever get written.

In looking at all this I concluded that while affirmations are definitely a tool and can be quite useful, I think their effectiveness depends on the individual and more importantly the circumstances that individual is in or surrounded by.

I've tried them many times with no change for the better or any measured success for me. Again though, it depends on individual circumstances.

One of the things I really worry about with affirmations (and this is my opinion and view only), is that they could lead to conceit or egotism or a false outlook on one's self. That would not be healthy in my opinion. (It's not healthy to deny reality for one could end up denying danger to one's well-being that's in front of one or end up like a piece of plastic becoming a shallow person). Like I said, this is my view and does not reflect anyone else's. Am I totally misunderstanding the whole affirmation effect here?

For me, I already have a visualization of new order in my life in certain areas that I would like to see. I definitely take responsibility for me health and for 80% of me emotional stability. (Why only 80%? Because it's a proven fact that we as humans are effected by how others treat us and behave toward us). Plus being a highly sensitive empath makes it get intense at times and very hard to deal with.
    I believe the past has a place in the present for it is the past from which we learn many lessons. However, for me, I don't believe I have any feelings from the past to resolve. I'm too busy struggling with the present ones.

I believe I have "permission to grow, to change, to take risks, to rise up. I just don't have all the tools, know-how or the finances to do so.

Ah, "letting go of these people whom drain your resources and keep you from experiencing full personal health": The only way I could do that is to quit my present job, move out of this nightmarish city I live in and pretty much go live in a cave somewhere totally isolated from people in general. ( Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind a job where I just work with machines or something). Actually, all that doesn't sound that bad really. (I figure I'm almost 50% there. The only friends I have are in cyber-space..not much I can do about that and there is absolutely nothing to do in my area so I never go out).

Lastly, I'm not completely sure but, I don't think one can guarantee that prophecies visualized, imagined and believed in always come true. Even self-fulfilling ones.

I don't know, maybe I'm missing the whole thing here.

Heart of Isis
    I think it is how personal you take it. This thread is a sticky for those that may be feeling down to take a looksee and perhaps find something to look positive about. For me, this is the main reason it's continuing to exist. Some of us don't really need these. I think it's cool you gave it your best shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthy
    Has anybody used this site?

Wisdom cards

I think it's absolutely fantastic, and i hope to be buying these cards very soon
    Never heard of it, thanks!

I'M Beautiful, I'M in full command of myself, everywhere I walk magic blooms, blessing abound. I'M Beautiful and I'M in full command of myself.

"I'm worthy"
    The Hero with A Thousand Faces.

Prepare to be inspired, stimulated, provoked, and encouraged to be the “Hero” of your own life and to embark on the Journey of your own True Bliss.

Love is an act of heroic genius. Pleasure is our birthright. Receptivity is a Superpower!- ROb Brezsney
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [/CENTER]

A friend sent me a poem and it was very long and I never did memorise it all but the part I did memorise was this and it helps so much.

"I am peace, I am calm, I am harmony. I am one with the universe. I bend with the wind, and rise with the waves."
    Last edited by Willow Rosette; January 15th, 2006 at 05:24 PM.
    Please click the banner to check out my Jewelry on ArtFire!

How boring life would be if we were all the same.

You are different.

You have gifts no one else has.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast