Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Recipe Thread: Desserts

Need to book mark this page!!:hehehehe:
    I will have to find something to contribute!!
    I have a good one for kids to make but I have to find it!

YUM!!!

Click Please!:fpraise:

Death by Chocolate Cake

1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
    1 Cup Kahlua
    3 Boxes (5 oz ea.) Jell-O Chocolate Mousse
    3 Tubs (8 oz ea.) Cool Whip
    6 Heath Bars, crushed

Bake cake as directed in 13 x 9 pan. Let cool and jab it with fork all over. Pour Kahlua over cake and refrigerate overnight, or several hours. Make mousse and layer it with the whipped cream and candy.
    Meet my daughter, Mog. This is her listening to heavy metal with me in the car. No, really... seven years old and she loves AC/DC...

"Some of you may die, but that's a sacrifice I am willing to make." -- Lord Farquaad, Shrek II

"Hey - wasn't it around here that the Donner party got snowbound?" -- Wendy Torrance, The Shining

Hate only hurts the hater. Stop the madness or I'll put y'all in permanent time-out.

Lemon Pillow Cake

1 white cake mix
    1 can lemon pie filling
    Frosting
    1 can ready to spread lemon flavored frosting
    1 tub of Cool Whip

Mix cake as directed on box and pour into 9 x 13 pan. Place spoonfuls of lemon pie filling in blobs over batter. Bake as directed on the box. Let cool completely.

Mix frosting and Cool Whip together and spread on cake. This DOES need to be kept refrigerated.
    Meet my daughter, Mog. This is her listening to heavy metal with me in the car. No, really... seven years old and she loves AC/DC...

"Some of you may die, but that's a sacrifice I am willing to make." -- Lord Farquaad, Shrek II

"Hey - wasn't it around here that the Donner party got snowbound?" -- Wendy Torrance, The Shining

Hate only hurts the hater. Stop the madness or I'll put y'all in permanent time-out.

Kitty Litter Cake

1 spice cake mix or German chocolate cake mix (include ingredients listed in mix)
    1 white cake mix (include ingredients listed in mix)
    1 package white sandwich cookies
    1 6-ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix (include ingredients listed on mix)
    green food coloring
    12 small Tootsie Rolls

Prepare cake mixes according to package directions (Any size cake pans). Prepare pudding mix according to package directions and chill until ready to use. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender. (Scrape often, they tend to stick.) Set aside all but 1/4 cup. To this 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops of green food coloring and mix using a fork or by shaking in a jar.

When the cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. (You probably won't need all of the pudding.) Mix it with the cake and feel it; you don't want it soggy, just moist. Gently combine. Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put mixture into litter box. Put three unwrapped Tootsie Rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie Rolls and bury these in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of the cookie crumbs over the top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top. (This is supposed to resemble the chlorophyll in the litter.) Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, 3 at a time in the microwave until almost melted. Spread them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. (Or, only spread 5 of the remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top.) Take one and heat until pliable, and hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around. Serve with the new scoop.

Flourless Chocolate Torte

Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
    15 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
    18 Tbs. (2 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
    7 egg yolks
    9 Tbs. granulated sugar
    1 1/2 Tbs. dark rum or brewed espresso (optional)
    1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    Pinch of salt
    5 egg whites, at room temperature
    3 cups raspberries
    Confectioners' sugar for dusting

Preheat an oven to 300F. Grease a heart cake pan and dust with cocoa powder. In the top pan of a double boiler, combine the chocolate and butter. Set the top pan over but not touching barely simmering water in the bottom pan and melt, then whisk until well blended. Set aside to cool slightly.

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together the egg yolks, 6 Tbs. of the granulated sugar, the dark rum, vanilla and salt on medium-high speed until pale and very thick, 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually pour in the chocolate mixture and continue beating until well blended. In a deep, clean bowl, using a mixer fitted with a clean whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on medium-high speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Gradually add the remaining 3 Tbs. granulated sugar and continue to beat until medium-firm peaks form, about 2 minutes. Scoop half of the egg whites onto the chocolate mixture and fold them in gently. Fold in the remaining whites just until no streaks remain.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Bake until the torte puffs slightly and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out very moist but not liquid, about 40 minutes. Do not overcook. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes. To remove the pan sides, set the pan on a can and let the sides slide down. Let the torte cool completely, then cover and refrigerate until very cold, at least 4 hours or up to overnight.

Just before serving, garnish the torte with the raspberries and dust with confectioners' sugar. Serves 12 to 14.

Lemon Pudding Cake

1 package of Lemon Cake mix
    1 package instant lemon pudding
    4 egg1/2 cup oil
    3/4 cup water
    Topping:
    2 cups powdered sugar
    2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
    1/2 cup orange juice

Mix cake mix, instant pudding, egg, oil, and water well and bake in an oiled 9 x 13 pan for 45 minutes or until come out clean. Mix topping ingredients separately. Puncture top of cake with a fork and pour topping over slowly while cake is hot.

Michael Jordan's Ginger-Ale Pound Cake

2 1/3 cups sugar
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
    1/3 cup shortening
    5 eggs
    2 teaspoons lemon extract
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup (6 ounces) ginger ale

Preheat oven to 325F. Coat a Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, cream sugar, butter, and shortening. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon extract; mix well. Add flour and ginger ale, alternately. Pour batter into the pan and bake 75 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cake cool 20 to 30 minutes; remove from pan to cool completely. Makes 10 to 12 servings.

That's enough cakes for right now... onto the candy & fudge file... :drool:

Irish Cream Truffle Fudge

3 c semisweet chocolate chips
    1 c white chocolate chips
    1/4 c butter
    3 c confectioners' sugar
    1 c Irish cream liqueur
    1 1/2 c chopped nuts
    1 c semisweet chocolate chips
    1/2 c white chocolate chips
    4 tbsp Irish cream liqueur
    2 tbsp butter

Butter an 8x8 pan. In the top half of a double boiler, melt the 3 c semisweet chocolate chips, 1 c white chocolate chips and 1/4 c butter until soft enough to stir. Stir in the confectioner's sugar and Irish cream until mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts. Place mixture in the prepared pan and lay a sheet of plastic wrap over top; press and smooth top down.

In the top half of a double boiler, melt remaining chocolates until soft. Remove from heat and with a fork beat in the butter and Irish cream until smooth. Spread topping over cooled fudge with a knife. If a smooth top is important, place plastic wrap over the top. Refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours at least. This fudge can be easily frozen. Makes 24 pieces.

Edible Chocolate Roses

(I haven't tried this so I don't know how easy it is.)

NOTE: Chocolate modeling clay is made by combining melted chocolate and light corn syrup. American pastry chefs invented the recipe and have been using this delicious edible clay to make garnishes and unique decorations. Here is their secret!

Ingredients and Preparation:

10 oz of chocolate (chopped chunks or chips)
    1/3 c light corn syrup
    Note: the chocolate can be substituted with almond bark, or colored candy disks to create different colored flowers

1.Melt the chocolate in a microwave for 1 minute. Stir. If chocolate is not completely melted, return to the microwave for 30 seconds at a time and stir until smooth. If you don't have a microwave, place the chocolate in the top of a double broiler over hot water and stir until melted.
    2. When the chocolate is melted, add the corn syrup and blend.
    3. Pour the mixture onto a waxed paper sheet.
    4. Spread the chocolate with your fingers until it's about thick.
    5. Cover loosely with waxed paper and let it stiffen for at least a couple of hours or overnight. The chocolate will become very pliable.

Making a Chocolate Rose:
    1. Have the kids roll 10 marble-sized balls out of the chocolate clay.
    2. Place the balls on a waxed paper sheet, about 1 inch apart.
    3. Place another waxed paper sheet on top. Big or little thumbs can press each marble into a flat disk (about the size of a quarter). Use some pressure!

To form the rose:
    1. Remove 1 disk and curl it into a "teepee" shape, narrow at the top and wider at the bottom.
    2. Wrap the next disk around the opening of the teepee and the third disk at the back of the teepee. This is the rose bud. Continue adding disks that look like petals. Continue to layer them to create a rose in bloom.
    3. Roses can be used as edible decorations for a cake or to create a basketful of blooms. They will harden after a few days and can be saved by storing in a cool, dry place.
    4. Since this recipe is the consistency of modeling clay, you can mold any shape you want.

Important note: Adult supervision and participation is required for this activity.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast