Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wiccan Web- Canadian Site

Wiccan Web- Canadian Site

How does this site compare to what else is out there for fellow Canadians? Or for everyone?

www.wiccanweb.ca
    Nothing in life is more important than passion. Whatever you do be passionate.

I have been there off and on for awhile now and it seems ok ... not sure what else to compare it to though. The thing that gets me is their Wiki pages there I shake my head at times.

Every once in awhile I visit there again but I don't find that there's much discussion going on of interest. So I usually end up back at MW and other forums that are busier
    Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

I go there more for the news articles posted regularly. The forums are so-so, the wiki can be interesting, or worth a head shake depending. It's more strictly a Wiccan site, and since I'm not Wiccan, it's not at the top of my list.

I will freely admit that my experiences on that site have greatly biased my opinion. So you may wish to take my words with a large grain of salt.....

I was seriously disappointed. The attitudes i encountered was most disheartening since any questioning was pretty much treated as an attack and I was told that they didn't have to anwser any of my questions/posts because I wasn't Wiccan. When I tired to take this up with the site administrator I was accused of having aspergers (I don't) and using said aspergers as an excuse for my "bad behavior."

Needless to say, after I picked my jaw up off the floor, I left.
    The Sexy Heathen Babe

I was on WW for years, but eventually left because I was fed up with being treated poorly because I wasn't Wiccan and BTW. The members that were mostly responsible for this no longer participate in the site - so don't let my experience scare you off. Veteran members are usually ornery to new ones until you've been aroud a while, expect some unfounded stonewalling. The site has amazing resources for Canadian pagans though, it's not easy to find the best resources as the site is so huge, but they are the Pagan Directory, which lists every pagan shop, service, and group under the sun in Canada, and the event listings on the Calendar are also invaluable. The forums aren't very active, it's mostly all new members who are also new to the craft, so perhaps it is not the best place to start posts desiring in-depth discussions.

Vigdisdotter, I know I was part of the reason why there was confusion surrounding you, but no matter what I said the admins had made up their minds to dislike you no matter what. I hope you didn't feel too singled out as over the years I saw it happen to many people for absolutely no reason other than personal dislike. As I said above though, the person responsible for these actions is no longer in charge. There was a lot of real life toxicity going on in the background that finally worked itself out. WW is still in the process of recovering and rebuilding community.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolair View Post
    Vigdisdotter, I know I was part of the reason why there was confusion surrounding you, but no matter what I said the admins had made up their minds to dislike you no matter what. I hope you didn't feel too singled out as over the years I saw it happen to many people for absolutely no reason other than personal dislike. As I said above though, the person responsible for these actions is no longer in charge. There was a lot of real life toxicity going on in the background that finally worked itself out. WW is still in the process of recovering and rebuilding community.
    Oh geeze! I hadn't even thought about it until this thread came up. I was actually chuckling over all of it as it STILL blows my mind. Even more so because I've since met the admins in person, though they had no idea who I was. I chalk it up to internetitise, which seems to rob individuals of functioning braincells :P

Would you mind if I PMed you? I've love to know what's going on and how he Vancouver scene is fairing as a result. Are you by any chance going to the Gathering this year?
    The Sexy Heathen Babe

ooh I forgot about the directory there :D
    I was seriously disappointed. The attitudes i encountered was most disheartening since any questioning was pretty much treated as an attack and I was told that they didn't have to anwser any of my questions/posts because I wasn't Wiccan. When I tired to take this up with the site administrator I was accused of having aspergers (I don't) and using said aspergers as an excuse for my "bad behavio
    YaI knopw that placee had its fair share of problems when I frist went there toand loto f my friends that were on there stopped going.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymnia View Post
    YaI knopw that placee had its fair share of problems when I frist went there toand loto f my friends that were on there stopped going.
    Has it changed since? and if so, how? I'm not really wanting to add anotehr forum to my daily routine, but now I'm curious
    The Sexy Heathen Babe

Has it changed since? and if so, how? I'm not really wanting to add anotehr forum to my daily routine, but now I'm curious
    Well when I was first there was 2 or more years ago and when I was there recently it just seemed to quiet.. have not been there since... Sorry I cannot be more helpful
    Last edited by SilverClaw; July 18th, 2007 at 12:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast