Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Atlantis...

Atlantis...

Bright Greetings,

I am curious as of who here believes in the "lost city of atlantis", and what theories you believe? I believe it is located in the Bermuda Triangle, and this triangle takes down boats, planes, and etc. because Atlantis was supposed to hold millions upon millions of crystal work and raw crystals. These crystals combines could interfer and bring these things down. Idk, what do you guys think?
    -Apprentice-
    ..Embrace.the.Dark.Side..

I believe it once existed definantly. Along with Lemuria and other "lost continents" we may not even know about. Every time I turn around it seems there is a new theory as to where Atlantis was. I'm not sure but I do believe it existed. I think it was a Sylvia Browne book I read that very vividley described what it looked like and all about the crystals and such. Its just such a cool sounding place(of course so is Middle Earth, but hey thats just a book...right?JK) I am curious as to what really happened to it. There are suppose to be writings found from people on other sides of the world even around the time Atlantis existed explaing the city, just a little more proof, to me, that it did indeed exist.Good Question though, I'm curious as to what others here think about this subject as well.
    Blessings to you and yours,
    Geministar/Kristi

My site Geminimoon.net offers web and graphic design services,avatars,Pagan and fantasy graphics,downloads,Myspace resources and tons more!

I don't know if it existed on earth or another realm, but I feel it may ahve existed.

is offline Putting the "Cuss" in Customer
    Quote Originally Posted by Apprentice666
    Bright Greetings,

I am curious as of who here believes in the "lost city of atlantis", and what theories you believe? I believe it is located in the Bermuda Triangle, and this triangle takes down boats, planes, and etc. because Atlantis was supposed to hold millions upon millions of crystal work and raw crystals. These crystals combines could interfer and bring these things down. Idk, what do you guys think?
    I think the lost civilization of Atlantis as described by Plato refers to a new world civilization, either in mexico/central america or in the Andes. I've heard theories that is is an island in the mediteranean which blew up from a volcano, but I don't buy that for two reasons: 1.) the mediterranean islands are not past the pillars of hercules (gibraltar) as described by Plato. 2.) Plato describes a continent, not a dinky island.

Also do consider the Canary islands which have strange pyramid structures built on them and were inhabited by a race of blonde haired people known as they guanches. They had a strange written language which has not yet been deciphered, and their legends speak of them being survivors of a lost civilization (or so I recall hearing anyway). It is believed by some that the Canary islands are all that reminds of the continent of Atlantis....

But I personally believe Atlantis was in the new world. Consider for a moment that egyptian mummies have been found to have traces of cocaine and nicotine in them.... these substances are native to the new world only. And it was an egyptian who told Plato of Atlantis. There is plenty of evidence showing a link between Egypt and the new world... and thor heyerdahl built a raft out of reeds and sailed from Africa to south america to prove such contact was possible.
    “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

I feel that Atlantis was invented by Plato in the same way that Utopia was invented by Thomas More, as more an exploration of a perfect society than a history of a real place.
    Banner by WynnJera
    Wherever you go there you are

You have very strong points, Laisrean. Do you happen to have any links with that information on it so that I may look further into those details? I prefer to inquire where information comes from, nothing against you or anything. lol. I'll google it now.
    -Apprentice-

I think there was an Atlantis, but that it wasn't the wonder city some people make it out to. Chances are there was a culture around greece that was a little more advanced than the others. Its not unheard of for entire islands to go under due to volcanic actvity. People tell stories and over the years things got out of hand with each telling. I'm thinking it was nothing more than some nice city on the island of Thera, not to down play it. It had to be wonderfull to even be remembered for so long, but that people are going to be dissapointed when they find and do not suddenly become enlightened.
    As I was walking all alane, I heard twa corbies making a mane, the tane unto the nither did day, What sall we gang and dine the day?

Well, several sources tell me that Plato's description of it's size could have been misenterpreted and instead of "1000", it could have been "100" and the island may have been in the Mediterranean Sea not far from the coast of Italy. I like this concept as well as the Bermuda Triangle Concept.
    -Apprentice-

My theory of Atlantis is that in the future, time travel is possible and to avoid over-population or just for fun, lots of people decide to go back in time and set up a civilisation. They name it Atlantis but then after a while something goes wrong or they all decide to come back to their present day.

Quote Originally Posted by Evendusk View Post
    I feel that Atlantis was invented by Plato in the same way that Utopia was invented by Thomas More, as more an exploration of a perfect society than a history of a real place.
    Bingo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast