Thread: South/Central American Paths

South/Central American Paths

Would those people who worship South and or Central American Pantheons and follow similar practices be grouped in with Native American Spirituality, or is it called something entirely different?
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Quote Originally Posted by aluokaloo83
    Would those people who worship South and or Central American Pantheons and follow similar practices be grouped in with Native American Spirituality, or is it called something entirely different?
    Mesoamerican pagans/polytheists? I've run into a couple Aztec recons and they seem to refer to themselves as such. It would probably by the same with Mayan recons (although I don't know of any). They also may choose to use native words to describe their religions too. And I'd suspect it could vary more with a pagan who isn't a recon and incorporates some part of the religion into another framework instead.

The Aztec Gateway is a good place to learn about Aztec reconstructionism (although I know at least some pagans take offense at some of the less inclusive opinions that the author has about the religion and other pagans, but I don't see that as a bad thing): http://www.amoxtli.org/cuezali/
    - OpenHands

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog

*Avatar courtesy of juno_icons at LiveJournal. Artwork by Sulamith Wülfing.

Oh thank you the site looks wonderful!
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

What happened to the Native American thread? North, Central & South American are still American even if there beliefs are differant. I read that in 1890 the word Amerindian was cioned but it did not catch on. Maybe we can call Native Americans, Amerindians? The Owl of the North.