Thread: Meso- and South-American Magic

Meso- and South-American Magic

I wonder if anybody can tell me a little about the magical practices of South and Meso-America. I've been looking on the interenet for about two hours now, and I haven't found much of anything, beyond the usual "animals being naughty or wise, depending" stories and the usual pantheons.

I'm talking about not only the beliefs of the Aztecs, Mayans and Inca, but also the folklore of the area and traditional occult practices. Any help, including links to information, would be very much appreciated.
    -UnAdept

Or should I?

There is some public domain stuff available at my favourite site, Sacred-Texts.com.

(The link will take you directly to the Native American section which includes stuff from North, Central, and South America.)

There are English translations of the Mayan "Popol Vuh" for instance which should be a good place for you to start in your research.
    Last edited by Ben Gruagach; December 6th, 2005 at 11:36 PM.

Ben Gruagach
    MysticWicks forum guide in "Paths: Wicca", "Books" and "History"
    author of The Wiccan Mystic: Exploring a Magickal Spiritual Path
    visit my website at http://www.witchgrotto.com
    read my LiveJournal blog
    find me on Facebook

Thanks. That's very useful.
    -UnAdept

Or should I?

You might also be interested in this site http://www.amoxtli.org/cuezali/nahualli.html it's an Aztec reconstructionist site and i think he (or she) has some information on Aztec books that detail the magic practiced.

Anyway hope it helps