Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eviction for celebration???

Eviction for celebration???

A while back (like a WHILE back.. ) my friend's told me there was a house (in their town) with a pentagram and 'Happy Samhain' in their window. Well, I thought that was pretty cool, and I found out who lived there.

One of my friends asked me about what Samhain meant, and I told her what it was. She knew to ask me cuz of the pentagram in the window, right? My friend thought it was pretty cool. However, one of my friends' mothers didn't.

Turns out that one of my friend's mother didn't like it at all and turned the people in to the city. I was told this morning (not by that friend though) that the people are being evicted from the house. It's a habitat house.

What's up with that? The people are getting evicted for celebrating their religion and holidays... ....
    Last edited by LyraDragonStar; December 13th, 2005 at 12:15 PM.

.:My Sheltered Reality:. | .:Fight The Fear:.
    .:Cookie Jar:. | .:My Poetry:. | .:MySpace:.

"If you encourage people to be afraid of everything, they'll believe bogeymen are lurking round every corner..." -LostSheep

Banner made by me.

"...to remain silent and indifferent is the greatest sin of all..." -Elie Wiesel

well, thats just calling for a lawyer to handle.........they can totally sue for discrimination
    my mood today is
    come to the dark side, we have cookies
    Jesus saves.....the rest take full damage
    ~*~*~*~*

At the end of the world
    Or the last thing I see
    You are
    Never coming home
    Never coming home

WHA WHA WHAT!!!!!!!! No way, that can't be!!! there must be someone that can help! What about the Witches Anti Defamation League? do you think they could help somehow, maybe starting a petition and sending it to the Habitat Association? This is awful.

I know!!! It's horrible. I was totally shocked when my friend told me that. And I actually though that my friends' mother was an alright person...I thought the town was an alright town. Goes to show ya, I'm not always right.

"If you encourage people to be afraid of everything, they'll believe bogeymen are lurking round every corner..." -LostSheep

Banner made by me.

"...to remain silent and indifferent is the greatest sin of all..." -Elie Wiesel

Is Habitat for Huminity a Christian organization? Even so....not a very Christian thing to do

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
    I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
    so I love you because I know no other way
    than this:
    so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
    so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Pablo Neruda

Disclaimer: If you're looking for a debate, please look elsewhere. I'm not judging anyone personally, I'm simply stating my opinion. Some people seem to enjoy conflict...I don't. Please save your arguements for someone who does.

Another possibility...

...unfortunately, is that the people who lived there are not practicing Wiccans. They may have only seen something online about Samhain, pentagrams, etc., and put it in their window for kicks.
    They may have been evicted for other reasons.
    That said -- I would be careful who I talk to about pagan matters from now on since some of your friends' parents seem a tad on the paranoid fundie side...

Yea, it is a Christian thing! Ahh, and now, my friends are pushing me to do a speech on religious freedom in English class.

We are studying persuasive speeches at the moment...and they think I'd be really good at that.

This is just driving me to actually do this speech.

Banner made by me.

Well, I guess in their eyes....they're a Christian organization, so why would they want to give people one of their houses who don't even believe in their God?

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
    I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
    so I love you because I know no other way
    than this:
    so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
    so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Pablo Neruda

Disclaimer: If you're looking for a debate, please look elsewhere. I'm not judging anyone personally, I'm simply stating my opinion. Some people seem to enjoy conflict...I don't. Please save your arguements for someone who does.

Lyra said they were turned in to the city, to me that means the city has seen to them being evicted not Habitat. Let's not condemn the organization without all the facts...

Well then I guess that would make them Habitat for INHUMANITY !!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast