Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there Prophets of God among us today?

Quote Originally Posted by LordHelmet
    I would like to point out azzy, I think the reason that people pray so much and never reach God is that they have lost touch with the spiritual realm, not that their not pios enough or don't pray enough. America as a whole is out of touch with the unseen universe.
    Yes ,Most definatly people are worldly,and neglect the spiritual side of things.

And I figured out how to link a site,did you know my last name is the druid name for Ostara?

I happen to be a man of prayer,uneducated ,but I pray long and hard.

Sorry If I seemed like I was rambling,I was doing 2 things at once.

So,where were we?

How is Jerry?

Jerry's fine. I've asked him to pray for Jenna. I got the info from theperson who originally posted the story. It turns out it's not her daughter it's someone else she knows on the board. We'll see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by mmauren
    Jerry's fine. I've asked him to pray for Jenna. I got the info from theperson who originally posted the story. It turns out it's not her daughter it's someone else she knows on the board. We'll see what happens
    Okay,thats nice of you to do that,and I thankyou on her behalf,yes its the daughter of her friend.

And Im adopting Kebra Moon Stone into my prayers,she is a teenager who has suffered much at the hands of the person who should have taken care of her.It saddens me to read her posts asking for help.

Thats what my prayer space is for,in the Alter of the ancients,to pray for others,and myself too sometimes.

But there are many prayer spaces there,and anyone can start one.
    Thanks again.

If I recall correctly, which is highly questionable, someone on this thread mentioned "masters" in martial arts. There is a saying: if you call yourself a "master," you aren't. Same goes for prophets, in my opinion.
    The monkey formerly known as semicivilizedman.

Point taken. I'm not sure you can equate martial arts with God but it's something to consider. As I've said before Jerry doesn't refer to him as a Prophet. He doesn't feel comfortable with that. The decision was mine in naming the show. I did it because I thought it made it easier for people to understand what the show and Jerry was about. Maybe a bad choice on my part but I'm a radio guy not a prophet and it's done. Don't hold that over Jerry. If you would meet him he would never say "Hey I'm Jerry/Prophet of God. In actually he might say "I'm Jerry, God's messenger boy"

When it comes down to it titles are meaningless. If God speaks through him and heals through him it's the message and the work that is done through him that's important.
    Last edited by mmauren; January 15th, 2006 at 11:57 PM.

is offline MW member of whatever month it is
    I would also point out that this is how I think it seems like the prophets in the bible took it. For them prophet wasn't some ancient holy word of high elevation, it was just messenger. They were reffered to as messengers of God, at least it seems that way to me. I doubt Elija walked around with a special walk and accent that said 'That's right, I'm a Prophet with a Capitol 'P'!"

is offline We'll always be somewhere on the outside
    Very interesting read. I do have to say that I don't get into the whole prophet thing, but I wish Jerry luck.

Azzy, you make a good point. In fact in the Bible says and I'm paraphrasing, those that claim to be a prophet and do not speak from God will die. That's pretty cut and dried.
    Thanks
    That leaves only two according to the Bible and Enoch wasn't a prophet. Do you think Jerry will live forever?
    Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui...
    Abiit, excessit, evasit, erupit!

When it comes down to it titles are meaningless.
    Then why did you go to such great lengths to try to prove he was a prophet? As far as just being a messenger from god, I run into them all the time as god(dess) speaks through all things.

I am not buying for a second that you didn't have any intent but to prove him a prophet and propogate his message. I listened to the questions you asked him. There was not a single question that wasn't carefully thought out to lead him through this interview and when he did get stuck you were right there with the answer for him. Give me a break...

If God speaks through him and heals through him it's the message and the work that is done through him that's important.
    Not according to Jerry. If a witch does the very same things that Jerry does, they are cursed. Perhaps you can explain to all of us here why it is "by a man's works he is known" applies to Jerry but not any of us?
    Last edited by Ptah; February 2nd, 2006 at 01:55 PM.
    Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui...
    Abiit, excessit, evasit, erupit!

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast