Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there Prophets of God among us today?

is offline Time And Relative Dimension In Space
    Well, I've been wrong in the past, that's certainly true.

I think Jesus saw himself more as a prophet, really. And he said "by the fruits of their actions, ye shall know them." That seems like a pretty good indicator. If this guy is really a prophet, then in time, his actions will show it...

I dunno that I really believe in prophets per se, though...

Anyway...

Tashi delek!
    Dawa Lhamo
    Before you accuse someone of LYING, please read this first.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ValD
    Interesting coincidence - on another forum, we've been discussing prophets and whether or not they are from God. The general consensus is that it doesn't matter how much of the Bible they know or how "godly" they appear to be; the important thing is - are their prophecies a) capable of being undeniably proven or disproven and b) accurate?
    SOme folks say I am a prophet...

Eh? Eh?! =)
    mol

sitegod/system_administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma
    follow mysticwicks on twitter | my blog

Quote Originally Posted by mmauren
    Are there Prophet's of God among us today? If there are, how do you know that a person claiming such a thing is truly a Prophet?

I produce a podcast titled Prophet of God - Discerning the Truth. In this podcast we will investigate one man who claims to be a Prophet. To see him on the street he looks like anyone of us. Except that he claims God speaks to him and through him. He claims God heals people through him.

This man has never been on TV or radio, nor does he belong to a church. He works a blue-collar job and lives a modest and unassuming life. He has an amazing knowledge of the Bible, he's articulate and it is truly compelling to listen to him.
    Imagine if it's true. Imagine if this man is a real Prophet of God. It will make for an incredible podcast and it will be a wonderful gift and resource for all of us listening. So let's find out. In this program we will ask objective, straight forward questions. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions and make comments. The show is available for free, there is no advertising and no registration necessary.

http://www.prophetcast.com
    Well,send your Prophet to pray for my beloved pagan friends here,if he isnt too busy I mean.You dont think he will mind do you?

There are many here who need energy,a touch from God,and a blessing from Goddess,and just an I love you,or a listening ear,or what ever can be done to lift them up.Because to serve God,is to serve others.

God is already here in case you dont see him,and he dwells among us already,with us common folk.

And he already speaks to us,in his own way.We really dont need to hear a prophet,do we?I want God to speak to me himself anyway.

If he lives in me,and he does,then I would think he is able to speak to me also.

I think if you take time to come here and serve,you will find God and Goddess is already among us.

is offline Time And Relative Dimension In Space
    Quote Originally Posted by mol
    SOme folks say I am a prophet...

Eh? Eh?! =)
    The answer to that lies in the question: Can one be a god and a prophet at the same time?

Tashi delek!
    Dawa Lhamo
    Before you accuse someone of LYING, please read this first.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dawa Lhamo
    The answer to that lies in the question: Can one be a god and a prophet at the same time?

Tashi delek!
    Dawa Lhamo
    The prophetic magic 8 ball says "Ask again later".

Good scriptural knowledge doesn't mean good prophecies. Hopefully these predictions stay prediction and don't become postdiction.

First of all let me clarify something. I am not a prophet. I am doing a podcast talking with and investigating a man that claims to be a prophet of God. I am simply a "radio guy" if you will, that found this man very interesting. I too am skeptical about things like this but just as I was about to blow it off I thought what if there's a possibility that he is real. Would any of us believe it if a true prophet or even Jesus Christ walked up to us. I'm guessing no. Anyway the point of the program isn't to make money or even promote this man necessarily. I don't give his last name. The point is to see if we can prove it absolutely on way or the other. If he isn't I will expose that and the show will end. If he's real then it could get interesting. I open it up to listeners to ask any and all questions. i won't allow him to side step anything.

I will tell you this though. Even though I am skeptical I have seen son unusual and unexplainable things since working with him. I saw him heal a man of a life long knee problem. This was a man he didn't know and I brought to him. On the fourth program I had him do a prayer to release listeners from the grips of fear. Within the prayer he talks in kind of a native American like language. This when he claims god is speaking through him. Upon playing this recording for two people that had never met him I was amazed that it had a profound, visable and positive effect on both of them. He has also picked up on times when an individual had a tramatic event in their life and he's always been right on. He then prays to heal them of that trauma.

Is it real? I'm not absolutely positive but it has been a little freaky to say the least. I just hope that I can determine his validity ultimately. I'm not looking to convert anyone into believers. I'm just looking for assistance in trying to figure this out. I'm looking for people that might have similar interests that might be attracted to such a show. The one poster said that you can judge a prophet by his fruits. That is absolutely right but you can't know that untill you listen to the show.

First of all let me clarify something. I am not a prophet. I am doing a podcast talking with and investigating a man that claims to be a prophet of God. I am simply a "radio guy" if you will, that found this man very interesting. I too am skeptical about things like this but just as I was about to blow it off I thought what if there's a possibility that he is real. Would any of us believe it if a true prophet or even Jesus Christ walked up to us. I'm guessing no. Anyway the point of the program isn't to make money or even promote this man necessarily. I don't give his last name. The point is to see if we can prove it absolutely on way or the other. If he isn't I will expose that and the show will end. If he's real then it could get interesting. I open it up to listeners to ask any and all questions. i won't allow him to side step anything.

I will tell you this though. Even though I am skeptical I have seen son unusual and unexplainable things since working with him. I saw him heal a man of a life long knee problem. This was a man he didn't know and I brought to him. On the fourth program I had him do a prayer to release listeners from the grips of fear. Within the prayer he talks in kind of a native American like language. This when he claims god is speaking through him. Upon playing this recording for two people that had never met him I was amazed that it had a profound, visable and positive effect on both of them. He has also picked up on times when an individual had a tramatic event in their life and he's always been right on. He then prays to heal them of that trauma.

Is it real? I'm not absolutely positive but it has been a little freaky to say the least. I just hope that I can determine his validity ultimately. I'm not looking to convert anyone into believers. I'm just looking for assistance in trying to figure this out. I'm looking for people that might have similar interests that might be attracted to such a show. The one poster said that you can judge a prophet by his fruits. That is absolutely right but you can't know that untill you listen to the show.
    Well,What do I know,,,,,,,,,Okay,Im familiar with the bible,And I should be,Im a christian.

A tree is known by the fruit that it bears.

I look at a persons life,their actions speak so much louder than thier words do.

Invite this prophet to pray for the many needs in our help and hugs area.Okay,maybe he doesnt have the time too,but if he has time to answer our questions,then surely he has time to come here and pray for those in need.

Thatway,they will know themselves,when thier prayers are answered.

Why dont you pray in our helps and hugs area too.

I don't think you quite get the point. This man is a simple, very humble guy. He doesn't see himself as special. He is simply a conduit for Gods word and good works. He works in a blue collar job and when he's not working or sleeping he is praying for people locally and around the country. It's not a matter of if he has time. He says that when he is praying for someone, that is when he feels the most alive.

He's not trying to convert anyone nor does it matter to him if you believe who he says he is. He simply wants to do what God directs him to do. Given that you are a Pagan you are predisposed to not believe in this sort of thing and that's fine. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to open it up to others that might find it interesting.

As far as praying for you he would be happy to. But I'm told that in order to receive the gifts of God you have to be open to it. Based on your sarcasm I'm guessing you're not. But if you really like him to do that I'm sure he will.
    Last edited by mmauren; January 7th, 2006 at 01:29 AM.

I don't think you quite get the point. This man is a simple, very humble guy. He doesn't see himself as special. He is simply a conduit for Gods word and good works. He works in a blue collar job and when he's not working or sleeping he is praying for people locally and around the country. It's not a matter of if he has time. He says that when he is praying for someone, that is when he feels the most alive.

He's not trying to convert anyone nor does it matter to him if you believe who he says he is. He simply wants to do what God directs him to do. Given that you are a Pagan you are predisposed to not believe in this sort of thing and that's fine. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to open it up to others that might find it interesting.

As far as praying for you he would be happy to. But I'm told that in order to receive the gifts of God you have to be open to it. Based on your sarcasm I'm guessing you're not. But if you really like him to do that I'm sure he will.
    Well,bless your heart,sorry If I seemed sarcastic.

Im not pagan either,Im a christian.Dont let my wiccan looking avatar fool ya.But you can understand how leary I am when a man is lifted up as a mighty prophet of God.God is no respector of persons,and praying for others is something everyone should do who loves God,its not something special,its our duty.

After we have done all we were commanded to do,we as christians are to say
    That we are unprofitable servants,(the bible says this)and we just did what was our duty to do.
    And you say he is a simple and humble man,yet you lift him up as though he were mighty,and supper anointed,when we are all supposed to be humble and simple.

As christians we are servants,and we serve.The bible says if you want to be great,you must be servant of all.there is a great prophet that we should be lifting up as believers,and that would be the Lord Jesus Christ.So after he done all the great prophesying,he just did his duty,and God is the one who is to be honored and lifted up as the great one.

We lift him up by the life we live,and by our service to others.God speaks to the lowly,as well as the prophet,what he tells your great prophet,he will tell the witch who lifts up her voice and calls on him.Because God is not a respector of persons.

You are welcome to post in my prayer space if you like,as is your prophet,and pray for any and all.Heck,start you own prayer space.But they dont allow proselatizing here.
    My prayer space is in the alter of the ancients,Azzeenasman.And there are many others who need prayer too,so jump in and serve,and bless ,and love,and uplift,and comfort the hurting.

If the mighty prophet decides to show up here,PM me if you dont mind.

Bless you.

I don't think you quite get the point. This man is a simple, very humble guy.
    Having a podcast dedicated to theirself does not strike me as something a humble person would consent to.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast