Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there Prophets of God among us today?

I've answered that several times. I'm trying to discern the truth about this man. I'm not a theologian or an expert in anyway about God. I believe in God and have my own experiences in my lifetime that validate my belief. When a man tells me he's a prophet of God of course I don't believe it off hand. Anymore then I would take for granted that anyone on a message board had the ultimate answer or even knew what they're talking about. I find it truly amusing that you all make statements of fact as if you have some expertise. All based on postings by me, an acknowldged neophyte regarding the Bible and theology in general. Or listening to shor segments of the show.

I honestly don't care if you believe he's a prophet or not. I'm not trying to gain him "followers" and the fact is he's said this has been happening to him for 40 years. I did some research and I found that he's never done anything to exploit or profit from what he does. So is this all a master plan 40 years in the making? Or maybe he's crazy...that's why I talk and question him. He may be a lot of things but he's not crazy. It isn't hard to uncover that with the right questions. I've taken him to clergy and people that know a lot more then I do and after meeting him each one of them told me that they believed he is what he says. Still that doesn't convince me absolutely. The Bible says test a prophet and that's what I'm trying to do. You may agree or disagree but that's not what matters to me.

I told you before when I met this man I absolutely didn't believe anything he said. But then I thought what if there was remote possibility that it were true. I walk away from it and I'll never what I missed. I believe I owe it my self and God to do what the Bible says and again, "test the prophet."

The point you all miss is that you believe that I'm trying to exhault this man. that is not the case he is just a guy. More importantly he doesn't see himself as special. What's special is maybe just maybe God speaks and heals through him. It's God that's special. It's God that's important. I know that and this man acknowledges it too.

You want proof? Well that's what I'm trying to find. But not to convince you. I'm looking for proof to me. Once I have it one way or another then I can see what should be done with it. And when I came to this board I was looking for help from people that maybe knew more then I do. Instead I get flip comments and insults. So you haven't been much help. But that's fine. There's a difference between you an I. You think you have all the answers. It comes out of your mouth and it must be fact. That's arrogance and you're fooling yourself. I readily admit that I don't know. But I'm determined to find out and I'll do what ever it takes. If you want to fault me or make fun of me or insult me for that, feel free. It really doesnt concern me.

One last thing regarding your need for proof. As experts that you are I'm surprised that you don't know that when it comes God the operative word is not proof. The word is faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain
    How many times do I have to say this: you are not a prophet of God and if you took your meds the voices would stop. Get some help damnit...
    How do YOU know? Maybe he IS a prophet of God.

Hell, I wouldn't put half the crap MGD claims God says above the big guy.
    What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Quote Originally Posted by mmauren
    I've answered that several times. I'm trying to discern the truth about this man. I'm not a theologian or an expert in anyway about God. I believe in God and have my own experiences in my lifetime that validate my belief. When a man tells me he's a prophet of God of course I don't believe it off hand.
    Wasn't Jesus supposed to be the last one? I was under the impression that the age of prophets was over.
    What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Quote Originally Posted by mmauren
    I've answered that several times. I'm trying to discern the truth about this man. I'm not a theologian or an expert in anyway about God. I believe in God and have my own experiences in my lifetime that validate my belief. When a man tells me he's a prophet of God of course I don't believe it off hand. Anymore then I would take for granted that anyone on a message board had the ultimate answer or even knew what they're talking about. I find it truly amusing that you all make statements of fact as if you have some expertise. All based on postings by me, an acknowldged neophyte regarding the Bible and theology in general. Or listening to shor segments of the show.

I honestly don't care if you believe he's a prophet or not. I'm not trying to gain him "followers" and the fact is he's said this has been happening to him for 40 years. I did some research and I found that he's never done anything to exploit or profit from what he does. So is this all a master plan 40 years in the making? Or maybe he's crazy...that's why I talk and question him. He may be a lot of things but he's not crazy. It isn't hard to uncover that with the right questions. I've taken him to clergy and people that know a lot more then I do and after meeting him each one of them told me that they believed he is what he says. Still that doesn't convince me absolutely. The Bible says test a prophet and that's what I'm trying to do. You may agree or disagree but that's not what matters to me.

I told you before when I met this man I absolutely didn't believe anything he said. But then I thought what if there was remote possibility that it were true. I walk away from it and I'll never what I missed. I believe I owe it my self and God to do what the Bible says and again, "test the prophet."

The point you all miss is that you believe that I'm trying to exhault this man. that is not the case he is just a guy. More importantly he doesn't see himself as special. What's special is maybe just maybe God speaks and heals through him. It's God that's special. It's God that's important. I know that and this man acknowledges it too.

You want proof? Well that's what I'm trying to find. But not to convince you. I'm looking for proof to me. Once I have it one way or another then I can see what should be done with it. And when I came to this board I was looking for help from people that maybe knew more then I do. Instead I get flip comments and insults. So you haven't been much help. But that's fine. There's a difference between you an I. You think you have all the answers. It comes out of your mouth and it must be fact. That's arrogance and you're fooling yourself. I readily admit that I don't know. But I'm determined to find out and I'll do what ever it takes. If you want to fault me or make fun of me or insult me for that, feel free. It really doesnt concern me.

One last thing regarding your need for proof. As experts that you are I'm surprised that you don't know that when it comes God the operative word is not proof. The word is faith.
    Is it just me or does this seem a bit hypocritical. Maybe i'll leave it up to someone apparently more "intelligent" than me. What gives you the audacity to assume you are more intelligent about the Bible or Theology in general than others (anywhere or here)? What was you purpose in coming here if you cannot take the "answers" that you sought from us?

How Dare Yuo Question Our Mighty Prophets!

Mauren, maybe investigate this guy from a new direction. The man says he's a Prophet of God. Skip that part because it can't be proven or disproved in any way. Look at what the man does. He heals. Many people can heal. Shamans have done it for thousands of years. You don't have to be a prophet to do this. All you need to be is someone who has learned how to heal. The chanting that you mention is also sometimes part of the healing process, whether the chanting is in a language you can understand or just in vocalizations. His ability to learn about past events that have occurred to people as well speaking with "demons" are also skills that many people can acquire, as many shamans have. Religion never has to enter into the picture to acquire these skills. They can be gained systematically and rationally, almost as a science, with no faith in deity needed.

So is he a Prophet of God? You'll probably never know. Does he have some shamanic skills? He probably does. Many people do. No big deal.
    The monkey formerly known as semicivilizedman.

Well at least I get one legitimate response. Semicivilzedman you make some good points. This is something I can use and I will. Thank you. As far as healing and no big deal. Well maybe not. This is the first person that I've met that claims he can do this. As I said I readily admit that I don't know I'm trying to learn. But whether it's a big deal or not where does the healing come from? Thin air? From humans? I've got to think (uninformed as I am) that regardless of what name you attache to a person it has to come from God. Am I wrong about that?

Akhkharu Asgard read my statement again. I never said I was smarter then you. All I said was that I admit I don't know much. I'm just wondering if you know as much as you act like you do?

I don't think metaphysical skills like healing can be defined solely within the parameters of one religion. So are these skills a gift from God? I'd say no, since religion has no bearing at all on who may learn these skills. Everyone may learn these skills. We all have the potential to be shamans. I believe we'd still have the potential for this if no religion had ever been created.

The skills come from many sources. Traditional shamans work with spirit allies, take dream journeys, and so on. People of various religions often attribute these skills to a connection with their deities. But where do these spirit allies and deities come from, where do they exist? In the mind? In the web of energy that holds existence together? No one knows. People have theories, but no one knows. Their faith may convince them that they know, but no one can prove anything.

So I don't know where the skills come from. I have my theories, but nothing can be proven. The bottom line is that it doesn't really matter where the skills come from. Acquiring the skills and the knowledge and wisdom that tends to come with the acquisition of these skills is more important, in my opinion, than where the skills come from. If your guy says that his skills come from God, ok, that's his theory and/or belief. That doesn't mean he's right, but you also can't prove he's wrong. I say talk to the guy, get what you need out of the conversation, then form your own theories. You won't be right or wrong.
    The monkey formerly known as semicivilizedman.

Quote Originally Posted by LordHelmet
    Hey christian boy, be nice to your friend, give him a break, he's not attacking you. you should try to respect m&m's belief that the nut's a prophet(if he does actualy believe that). Maybe m&m really does want to hear the other side too. Would Jesus be sarcastic to him?
    Im not a boy,im 47,and I am showing him respect,Im asking questions if thats okay with you,dark toddler
    Last edited by BlackMagicalCat; January 9th, 2006 at 03:12 AM.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast