Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there Prophets of God among us today?

I did Pm the man,and smell a rat,I have seen many of these so called prophets face to face,and have even worked with them in person.Like someone else said here,others can do the same.

And I was wondering why MM is hiding and not being open,perhaps he has a good reason,who knows.Im wondering what his intentions are,no big deal,im nobody here anyway,Im just curious.

I say bring the prophet here.MM said he would ask him to pray for us,so he must have access to the prophet,so let the prophet speak for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by mmauren
    I've answered that several times. I'm trying to discern the truth about this man. I'm not a theologian or an expert in anyway about God. I believe in God and have my own experiences in my lifetime that validate my belief. When a man tells me he's a prophet of God of course I don't believe it off hand. Anymore then I would take for granted that anyone on a message board had the ultimate answer or even knew what they're talking about. I find it truly amusing that you all make statements of fact as if you have some expertise. All based on postings by me, an acknowldged neophyte regarding the Bible and theology in general. Or listening to shor segments of the show.

I honestly don't care if you believe he's a prophet or not. I'm not trying to gain him "followers" and the fact is he's said this has been happening to him for 40 years. I did some research and I found that he's never done anything to exploit or profit from what he does. So is this all a master plan 40 years in the making? Or maybe he's crazy...that's why I talk and question him. He may be a lot of things but he's not crazy. It isn't hard to uncover that with the right questions. I've taken him to clergy and people that know a lot more then I do and after meeting him each one of them told me that they believed he is what he says. Still that doesn't convince me absolutely. The Bible says test a prophet and that's what I'm trying to do. You may agree or disagree but that's not what matters to me.

I told you before when I met this man I absolutely didn't believe anything he said. But then I thought what if there was remote possibility that it were true. I walk away from it and I'll never what I missed. I believe I owe it my self and God to do what the Bible says and again, "test the prophet."

The point you all miss is that you believe that I'm trying to exhault this man. that is not the case he is just a guy. More importantly he doesn't see himself as special. What's special is maybe just maybe God speaks and heals through him. It's God that's special. It's God that's important. I know that and this man acknowledges it too.

You want proof? Well that's what I'm trying to find. But not to convince you. I'm looking for proof to me. Once I have it one way or another then I can see what should be done with it. And when I came to this board I was looking for help from people that maybe knew more then I do. Instead I get flip comments and insults. So you haven't been much help. But that's fine. There's a difference between you an I. You think you have all the answers. It comes out of your mouth and it must be fact. That's arrogance and you're fooling yourself. I readily admit that I don't know. But I'm determined to find out and I'll do what ever it takes. If you want to fault me or make fun of me or insult me for that, feel free. It really doesnt concern me.

One last thing regarding your need for proof. As experts that you are I'm surprised that you don't know that when it comes God the operative word is not proof. The word is faith.
    Well,if you dont care weather or not we believe in this man,why all the trouble?You already sound sold on this guy.Why come to a pagan board to find out if this guy is a man of God?

Why ask a witch if this man is a prophet?Something isnt adding up.

You want my opinion,this man has lifted himself higher than he really is.
    He lacks common sense.I based my judgment on the fact he blamed his own mother for dieing,because she didnt have enough faith to be healed.

But most of us know that we are all going to die.It is also a bit selfish to blame your own mother for not having faith(because he probably prayed for her to get healed,and had to have a reason for her not being healed,so he blamed her,instead of himself)to me this is extreemly selfish and disrespectfull to the woman who birthed you.

Im willing to bet he blames others for unanswered prayers,that gives him a cover ,to support his beliefs,and puts the blame on another.

And that is what I based my judgment on.
    Last edited by BlackMagicalCat; January 9th, 2006 at 03:11 AM.

I asked you how I was hiding and dishonest. I PM'd you back and you never answered. Tell you what I will put any information up about myself that you are willing to put up about yourself. You're not hiding are you.

I'll give you some freebies though. I'm 45, male, married, have two kids, live in a suburb of Minneapolis/St. Paul and I work in radio.

Your turn Azzy.

Secondly you weren't listening to the show very well. His mother is not dead. She is still alive. So how can he "blame" her for dying. If you want to debate you really need to know what you're talking about.

Why come to a Pagan board? Why not? I'm not looking for people to agree necessarily. I want some insight from all angles. Unfortunately so far the only person whose made any cogent points was semicivilizedman. He doesn't have to believe or agree. But at least he shows some intelligence and maturity.

I am not a Pagan and I don't buy into the things you believe in. I can be as sarcastic and confrotational as anyone. But I am on your site and regardless of what I believe or how foreign I think your beliefs are I'm going to try to be respectful of you and your faith. But if this thread is representative of a Pagan or in the case of Azzy, a Christian it's disappointing. The worlds full of people claiming faith and love but they don't live it and that would be my perception of some of you.

Cogent points?! Intelligence?! Maturity?! You're kind of slagging my reputation there, Mauren. Watch it.

People here, like in many other places offline, are very passionate. They aggressively defend what they believe in. Some are willing to pick a fight for it. I would, too. But arguing online, or anywhere, won't really solve much. So maybe people who are agitated by this thread can just walk away from it. Staying in here and arguing won't change anything.
    The monkey formerly known as semicivilizedman.

Akhkharu Asgard read my statement again. I never said I was smarter then you. All I said was that I admit I don't know much. I'm just wondering if you know as much as you act like you do?
    I did not know I was acting like anything. My previous comment on this post was the first thing I posted on this thing. I don't know everything about everything, especially theology and biblical stuff. But growing up as a Christian and going off on my own as a Christian, studying Biblical texts, I know enough to be able to talk comfortably about it. But I don't want to get into an argument with you. This is a very interesting topic (and whether anyone else does or not), I rather like that you showed up here. I do not necessarily agree with the prophet but you did present a very interesting topic for discussion. I am enjoying reading it, so I will go back to shutting up and continuing with the read.

Akhkharu Asgard please don't go silent. You're right. I shouldn't of lumped you in with my comments. I appreciate your interest and comments.

Semicivilized I'm sorry if I sullied your reputation.

I'm glad that this thread caused people to think and interact. That's far more important then trying to make anyone believe. I'm just looking for points of veiw so I can use that in this investigation if you will.

Akhkharu Asgard please don't go silent. You're right. I shouldn't of lumped you in with my comments. I appreciate your interest and comments.

Semicivilized I'm sorry if I sullied your reputation.

I'm glad that this thread caused people to think and interact. That's far more important then trying to make anyone believe. I'm just looking for points of veiw so I can use that in this investigation if you will.
    Well thanks for that. However I will continue my silence for now. I have class in a few hours and need by beauty sleep. But perhaps tomorrow I will actually take part in this thread. Assuming it is still here.

is offline MW member of whatever month it is
    M&M, about the healing thing...

I suggest you make another subsidary thread in the healing/reiki part of the forum. Many people there actively study healing in many forms outside the traditional and they would be able to tell you a lot more about it. Reiki involves manipulateing life force and giving healing spiritual energies to those who need healing. It can be highly effective.

most of the time there isn't this much bickering on Mystic Wicks, we're usualy very kind and helpful of each other.

could you make a list of the major things he does or has done, pertenant to whether or not he's a prophet.

Muhamad was 'The Last Prophet' in Islam, who consider Jesus to have been a prophet. The bible never calls Jesus a prophet, and never says whether theres to be any more or not. Mormans consider Joseph Smith to have been a prophet. There's also the possibility he could be a prophet of God and the bible's wrong about God, or he could be a prophet of A god. I think to invisigate this it's best to take off any blinders saying he could only be a prophet according to modern common view or not at all.

You make some excellent points. I willl look into all those things. Thank you.

Sure, ignore the mention of the schitzophrenic doctor with demonic delusions that abused her patients, lost her license, and wrote a book how it's Satan's fault. Her claims from during her medical practice sound oddly like the claims of the alleged prophet. Seriously - he should talk to a psychiatrist to make sure he's not a peanut. Perhaps get ahold of James Randi and ask him to investigate as well.

A peanut with power over people can be dangerous:

Quote Originally Posted by Findings of Fact for Ruth Bailey, Cause No. 83 MLB 038 from October 2, 1984
    8. That on numerous occasions Respondent has knowingly and intentionally misdiagnosed her patients including, but not limited to her patients by the name of Edna Elaine Moses, a/k/a Elaine Moses, a/k/a Elaine Bailey (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Edna Elaine Moses"), Claudia Moses, Lucia Lively, Luccinda Sisson, Kelly Sisson, Cheryl Maynard, and two (2) patients identified only as "V.B." and "K.W."
    9. That the "misdiagnosis" referred to in "Finding of Fact" no. 8 above, included misdiagnosing alleged leukemia, various blood disorders, gall bladder disease, brain tumors and various other ailments and conditions all of with Respondent stated were allegedly caused by demons, devils and other evil spirits.
    10. That in fact, the patients referred to in "Finding of Fact" no. 8 above, were not suffering from the diagnosed ailments and conditions referred to in "Finding of Fact" no. 9, above.
    11. That on numerous occasions Respondent stated to her patients that she was "chosen" by God as the only physician able to diagnose certain ailments and conditions which other physicians could not because the other physicians, including physicians from Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, Indiana and St. John's Medical Center in Anderson, Indiana were, in fact, "demons, devils and other evil spirits" themselves.
    12. That Respondent was inappropriately treating Edna Elaine Moses' purported leukemia with massive doses of Demerol and Phenobarbital to the point where the patient would tolerate 600 to 900 cc injections of Demerol, a fatal dose of which is normally in the 150 to 200 cc range, and up to three times the recommended therapeutic dose of Phenobarbital.
    13. That Respondent gave Claudia Moses, a 15 year old mentally impaired daughter of Edna Elaine Moses who possesses the intellectual age of an 8 year old, numerous injections of Demerol for alleged "nausea" and allowed Claudia to administer injections of Demerol to herself.
    14. That on numerous occasions the Respondent would supply her patients with excessive amounts of legend drugs and/or controlled substances without any explanation, instruction, or appropriate charting.
    15. That numerous patients of the Respondent had to undergo detoxification and withdrawal from the excessive amounts legend drugs and/or controlled substances which the Respondent was prescribing and/or administering without valid therapeutic reasons.
    16. That while Edna Elaine Moses was under the immediate care and treatment of Respondent, the family of Edna Elaine Moses had to have Edna admitted to St. Vincent's Hospital Emergency Room in Indianapolis, Indiana and subsequently committed to LaRue Carter Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana for detoxification from the excessive amounts of controlled substances which Respondent was prescribing and administering for Edna's purported leukemia and for treatment of the multiple infections, including infections of her urinary tract and infections of various catheters including a "Hickman" catheter used to facilitate the administration of intravenous medications and also for treatment of externally caused lesions.
    17. That Respondent failed to maintain and keep adequate records or charts on her patients and in several instances failed to maintain any charts or records at all.
    18. That on numerous occasions Respondent falsified patient charts and hospital records and misled other health professionals regarding her patients condition including, but not limited to statements made by Respondent at Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, Indiana, St. John's Medical Center in Anderson, Indiana, Indiana and Barrien General Hospital in Barrien Springs, Michigan, all to the detriment of her patients' well-being.
    19. That on numerous occasions Respondent misrepresented and falsified prescriptions which were presented to several pharmacies for controlled substances including, but not limited to March Pharmacy located at 2808 Nichol Aveneu, Anderson, Indiana, Gene Maddy Drugs located at 3050 Meridian Street, Anderson, Indiana and Hollon's Drugs located at 2101 Jackson, Anderson, Indiana by writing on the face of the prescriptions that the prescriptions for controlled substances for the patient by the name of Edna Moses, Elaine Moses, and/or Elaine Bailey were for "malignancy" when in fact, there was no therapeutic reason for Respondent to be prescribing Demerol or any other contolled (sic) substance as the alleged patient was, in fact, suffering from no malignacy.
    20. That Respondent has stated on numerous occasions that she possessed the capability of "sharing" her patients' illnesses in fighting the demons, devils and other evil spirits that were allegedly causing the various ailments and conditions and that she was, in fact, "sharing" Edna Elaine Moses' leukemia.
    21. That without a valid therapeutic reason the Respondent self-diagnosed and self-medicated herself with non-therapeutic amounts of Demerol for her "leukemia" that she was allegedly "sharing" with Edna Elaine Moses and also for treatment of an alleged malignant brain tumor and myasthenia gravis.
    22. That Respondent has been witnessed routinely receiving non-therapeutic doses of at least 3 cc's of Demerol on an hourly basis by injecting herself in the backs of her hands, the inside of her thighs, or wherever she could locate a suitable vein.
    23. That the board appointed psychiatrist who examined the Respondent and reviewed statements made by her patients diagnosed the Respondent as suffering from acute personality disorders including demonic delusions and/or paranoid schizophrenia."

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast