Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there Prophets of God among us today?

Quote Originally Posted by mmauren
    I asked you how I was hiding and dishonest. I PM'd you back and you never answered. Tell you what I will put any information up about myself that you are willing to put up about yourself. You're not hiding are you.

I'll give you some freebies though. I'm 45, male, married, have two kids, live in a suburb of Minneapolis/St. Paul and I work in radio.

Your turn Azzy.

Secondly you weren't listening to the show very well. His mother is not dead. She is still alive. So how can he "blame" her for dying. If you want to debate you really need to know what you're talking about.

Why come to a Pagan board? Why not? I'm not looking for people to agree necessarily. I want some insight from all angles. Unfortunately so far the only person whose made any cogent points was semicivilizedman. He doesn't have to believe or agree. But at least he shows some intelligence and maturity.

I am not a Pagan and I don't buy into the things you believe in. I can be as sarcastic and confrotational as anyone. But I am on your site and regardless of what I believe or how foreign I think your beliefs are I'm going to try to be respectful of you and your faith. But if this thread is representative of a Pagan or in the case of Azzy, a Christian it's disappointing. The worlds full of people claiming faith and love but they don't live it and that would be my perception of some of you.
    Hey,Im sorry I missed all this,I thought she died?Perhaps I heard it wrong.

Glad you are here,and welcome.

Sorry Im disapointing you.

And I do love you,with the love God placed in my heart for all.

Im 47 and live in Rock Hill SC,and I live with my lovely magical cat Tabitha,and a recent stray who befreinded me ,who I named Samantha.

I have a 15 year old,and my handsome pictures are in my photo albums here on MW.

And I have had personal experience with faith healers,and so called prophets,and I have worked with them.

Sorry If I was a little harsh,take care friend,enjoy MW
    Last edited by BlackMagicalCat; January 11th, 2006 at 01:42 PM.

Firstly, I apologize if my MW family sounds like a bickering bunch of siblings home for Thanksgiving.....
    I'd be very interested if you could list some of his claims for me. I didn't listen to him and would just find it easier if you listed them here so I could read them. You say he claims to be able to heal....I agree with the others. Thats not entirely unusual. Reiki healers believe that they are able to tap in to a universal energy that is the make up of all things...and by tapping in to that energy flow, we can adjust the energy flow in someone who is ill and correct it. Hospice nurses also take courses in "healing touch" that enables them to aid in helping terminally ill patience and ease their pain.
    If the bible claims there will be only 1 prophet...then I guess if you believe in the writings of the bible, then you believe it to be true. I am a Christian who does not believe in the "stories" of the bible, but I do believe in Jesus and in God. I believe that his teachings and life were distorted by "men" in order to maintain a level of power.
    What does Jerry want to tell us exactly? What is his message?

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
    I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
    so I love you because I know no other way
    than this:
    so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
    so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Pablo Neruda

Disclaimer: If you're looking for a debate, please look elsewhere. I'm not judging anyone personally, I'm simply stating my opinion. Some people seem to enjoy conflict...I don't. Please save your arguements for someone who does.

And tell your prophet I said,Jenna needs prayer,and he is welcome to come and pray for her .She is a pagan child of a dear friend who is epileptic (did I spell that right?)and is in the hospital.

He doesnt mind praying for pagan children does he?Or does the child first need to be converted to be able to recieve her healing?

The thread is here,(energy Request)along with many others who need prayers.
    Last edited by BlackMagicalCat; January 11th, 2006 at 02:00 PM.

is offline MW member of whatever month it is
    Prophet, dictionary.com

A person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the will of a god is expressed.
    A person gifted with profound moral insight and exceptional powers of expression.
    A predictor; a soothsayer.
    The chief spokesperson of a movement or cause.

According to this I could be a Prophet, although I haven't done any evocations or communicated with God or any other dietys, I do think I have a great moral insight (not everybody else is going to agree but they didn't in the bible either). I use Tarot to gain insight into many things.

Many people on this sight have as much if not much more reason to call themselves prophets. An order for these claims to have any meaning I think we need to get at the heart of what seperated biblical prophets like Elija and Moses, and Samual, from all of us practicing magicians and witches, as well as the witches/witchdoctors and divinators of so many other cultures.

I see a trend with biblical prophets that I don't with all these others;
    Moses fell before the burning bush, the bush (God) told him to get up.
    Isiah was frightened at the sight of angels worshiping God, and angel touched a hot coal to his lips so that he could speak.
    and here's the important part...
    God said "let my people go"
    God sent plauges upon egypt
    God Hardened Pharohs heart
    God seperated the red sea
    God sent lightning to write the ten comandments.
    God Sent fire from the sky to burn Elijas offering.
    God made an Undead army from the bones of an old battlefeild
    The prophets speak what God wants to say to us, they're messangers, then God opens up the earth to swallow up groups of people he doesn't like.
    "The Lord gives, and he takes away. All hail the lord!" -Job

Quote Originally Posted by mmauren
    I'm glad that this thread caused people to think and interact. That's far more important then trying to make anyone believe. I'm just looking for points of veiw so I can use that in this investigation if you will.
    Isn't a connection to the divine within the scope of all of us? A spiritual path is one walked hand in hand with the divine and needs no intercession. I am always wary of anyone telling me what the divine is saying to me. Afterall, I am here, listening and if I hear I will most assuredly act. More assuredly than if a prophet told me the same. I don't doubt this man has a spiritual walk but anyone can have. Its his authority you should question, it appears to me his only authority is the Bible. To be honest, that authority is rejected by many pagans. I know it has no relevance to my life. Some of us feel that diety speaks through all things, not just one book. His prophesy (ministry) is taught in every pentecostal seminary. I have heard every one of his enlightenments in previous sermons from the pulpit. There's nothing original here.
    Last edited by Ptah; January 11th, 2006 at 09:54 PM.
    Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui...
    Abiit, excessit, evasit, erupit!

Well,I guess Im going to have to go back and look for the place where he was talking about his mother,where he said she was manipulative and didnt recieve her healing,I could have sworn he said she died too.

My problem with someone declaring themselves to be great is this,this place is full of great people,who far outshine your prophet.Because allthough they are not well known,and they dont have disciples running around telling everyone how great they are,they nevertheless are great to me,because of the way they serve and bless others in love.And because of the kindness they show,and the way they help those in need.even though many here dont have much,they scrape together what they can to help a fellow member in thier trouble.And they never get much praise for it,and dont care too.

No they are not perfect.

So,I will call your prophet great,when he shows up to offer prayers and serves those here,but there is no money to be made for him,just lots of karma,and thankyous,and bless you,s,and the satisfaction of knowing someone was blessed and uplifted by his service.

So Im not buying his greatness.

Jesus said,he that will be great,let him become as one that serves.

Show me that he is a great healer,instead of trying to convince me with an endless muddle of nonstop words.I am not interested in muddling through all his preaching to find out if he is great.Let his own God and his own prayers speak for himself.Let his service speak for him.

I know from personal experience ,it isnt hard to open a revival,and start a prayer line,and to have people start falling down under the ,,Ahem,,anointing
    of the mighty prophet,and then jump up and run around claiming they were healed.

And then a few sundays latter,the same person is doing the same thing.
    There are people who do nothing but folllow prophets around wanting to be prophesied too.These same people never show up on sundays to serve.

Jerry claims that God talks to him and directs him to people that need Gods healing. Jerry also says that God speaks through him and heals through him. You can hear an example of a healing prayer on show #4 at www.prophetcast.com.

As far as praying for Jenna, I'm sure he would be happy to do that. I'll talk to him tomorrow. Jerry doesn't subscribe to a specific religion. We are all children of God.

If you listen to the shows you'll find that Jerry acknowledges that God is within all of us and we all have the power to receive God's gifts through prayer.

I don't claim that Jerry is "great" and neither does he. In fact he has said many times and I've said it here too, he's a simple man that is no better then anyone else. Anything "great" (as far as healings) that happens through him should be attributed to God and only God. Jerry doesn't heal anyone. God does!

As I said, I will talk to him about Jenna. We'll see what happens and if there is anyone else that is need let me know and I will ask him to pray for you. Let's see what happens.

Oh and I will see about him coming here. I'm sure he would be happy to do that.

Azzy with all do respect you sound very synical and even a bit angry. Don't you realize that negativity breeds negativity and it's not good for you?

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast