Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there Prophets of God among us today?

Quote Originally Posted by mmauren
    Jerry claims that God talks to him and directs him to people that need Gods healing. Jerry also says that God speaks through him and heals through him. You can hear an example of a healing prayer on show #4 at www.prophetcast.com.

As far as praying for Jenna, I'm sure he would be happy to do that. I'll talk to him tomorrow. Jerry doesn't subscribe to a specific religion. We are all children of God.

If you listen to the shows you'll find that Jerry acknowledges that God is within all of us and we all have the power to receive God's gifts through prayer.
    Well,I tried to listen,but it sounded like an info-mercial,sorry.(I just couldnt sit through it)But thats just me.

What God is he serving?Does he heal in the name of Jesus Christ?
    Just wondering.You sound like his spokes person.I dont mean to sound contrary,Im just not much for someone who lifts themselves up,and God speaks through a lot of people here.

We are in a world where many need healing,and a kind word,and an I love you,or just a listening ear.Perhaps the god of the mighty prophet will find the time to send his mighty servant here to pray for those who need it.

Have a nice evening

Azzy with all do respect you sound very synical and even a bit angry. Don't you realize that negativity breeds negativity and it's not good for you?
    I am,(synical)I dont trust you,nor do I find jerry so great,sorry.

I find the person who serves and never lifts themselves up,as great.

Respect is earned.

When jerry shows up,dont expect everyone to worship the ground he walks on.

Perhaps Im wrong,maybe your jerry will turn out to stay and serve and pray and uplift,but as I said before,when he does,he has done that which was his duty to do,and the same that many here have been doing before jerry and you popped up.

This place is full of people who are humble,and pray for others,and heal others,and to me they are great.But you dont see them trumpeting their greatness,and running around telling everyone how humble they are.
    Last edited by BlackMagicalCat; January 12th, 2006 at 01:23 AM.

As far as praying for Jenna, I'm sure he would be happy to do that. I'll talk to him tomorrow. Jerry doesn't subscribe to a specific religion. We are all children of God.

If you listen to the shows you'll find that Jerry acknowledges that God is within all of us and we all have the power to receive God's gifts through prayer.
    I don't know what you heard but when I listened to it he only quoted the Bible. What he professes is Christianity. He also professes not to judge others but he specifically says that those who practice witchcraft are cursed to the tenth generation. He also claims other things about witchcraft.. such as mind control, it being drug related, sexually oriented and demon driven.
    Last edited by Ptah; February 2nd, 2006 at 01:59 PM.
    Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui...
    Abiit, excessit, evasit, erupit!

is offline MW member of whatever month it is
    AAAhh, I didn't listen to the podcasts before. now I don't mean any offense with this but I think I see whats going on here.

Jerry makes a very good point with what Paul says about there being many prophets within the church, along with people who have other gifts. Jerry feels that he is a prophet and I think he's sincere. He feels that he has the spirit of prophesy. Around here we call it precognition among other things, he calls it prophesy. Each defines it according to what their used to and the explination that fits what they already know or believe. This kind of precognition wouldn't seem as abnormal in a place where there is less christianity. It's not my personal bias it's just reality, christians rarely partake of the gifts that Paul spoke of. I think where he to have grown up in a wiccan family he would have excelled in magick.

Jerry is a smart guy, he know a lot about life in general, but like anyone else there's a lot he doesn't know too. Prophets aren't supposed to be omniscient. Jerry connects with something we all experience if we look in to ourselves. I like to think of it as my own higher self who is also your or anyone elses higher self which in fact percieves the universe into exsistance. Jerry calls it God, and thinks of the Bible and what he grew up learning. A Dianic Wiccan might say it's the Tri Goddess. many pagan like myself wouldn't think it's a deity that we can describe at all. Abraham called it Elohim, which means 'My God' or 'My Personal God', Moses called it 'I am what I am' or 'I am because I am' or 'I am that I am'.

M&M also grew up christian and naturaly takes the whole idea in that context. He's faced with a delema, Jerry seems right to him by everything he's grown up with and fits Pauls idea of a prophet, but there's the Deutronomy version that doesn't seem to fit so well. But then at other times in his stories it does. And then how do you define it, where do you draw the line and say, 'this is what makes a prophet of God'

I would like to say that it's Jerry who condemened witchcraft and the occult. I see a definate difference bettween the two and how they think, I don't think the podcast is a fake. Jerry speaks from his raising about witchcraft and complete ignorance as to what the word occult referes too. Very understandable. Again he's not omniscient.

As for M&M I think Jerry has been on christian forums and did not come here with the sole or even primary intention of converting pagans. I believe his feelings come out and I assume that he didn't want to mention the fact that he was also visiting pagan forums on the podcast because of his christian listeners. He might have told Jerry he was or he might not have had to. Jerry I think did have the intention of... speaking to and helping the pagans and witches. I don't think his intentions would be accuretly described as converting, though it sounds like that to us.

M&M, I think that bringing Jerry on MW would be a great idea, but... I'll PM you actualy.

Thanks you make some good points and I respect your point of view and the way you articulate it.

I should straighten something out about why I posted here. It wasn't some grand plan or hope in converting anyone. I wanted to get some input on Jerry and the show and I posted on a number of Christian message boards. To be perfectly honest my posting here was either accidental or because of MY ignorance. Jerry had nothing to do with what I posted or where I posted it. In spite of that, I'm glad I did. This board has given me a lot of insight and I appreciate the responses positive or negative. debate is good.

Azzy
    I spoke to Jerry and he said he would love to pray for Jenna. He asked me to ask her age and where she is (as in a city and state) I know this is something you got from another poster on another thread. So I will go to that thread and ask the poster as well.

What a snow job. What we have here is no more than a slicked up version of every Christian TV talk show and Infomercial out there. This this interview was contucted with no other intent than to profess this man a prophet. Doing this under the guise of investigative journalism will only fool those who believe in your prophet already.

Once again I ask why you brought it here. God doesn't send prophets to talk with the great unwashed, he sends them to warn HIS people.

So what did you expect people on this board to think when he said we are cursed to the tenth generation and that we were all involved in drugs, mind control and sexual pleasures? What did you think we would think when he (and you) says repeatedly that by your works are you known and then turn right around and say that because the healing works and psychic work that we do are not under Jerry's banner of Christianity that God will curse us.

Isn't part of Jerry's message, that we have all been tricked into Witchcraft, on tape, sermon, podcast.. whatever you want to call it, #4.

Bring on your prophet, I'd like to interview him.
    Last edited by Ptah; February 2nd, 2006 at 01:59 PM.
    Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui...
    Abiit, excessit, evasit, erupit!

Smile Baaahhh!!

Humbug!!
    The love you take is equal to the love you make.

Cursed to the tenth generation,Oh My Goddess.

Well,my son attends a Church of God with his moma,and he isnt into anything
    witchy,but he is a christian and loves God and even is involved in a prison ministry,and he tells me how excited he is about it.(im so proud of him too)

And

Since Im an evil witch controlled by the devil who is on drugs and has orgies with my cat,does that mean my son will be cursed?

Im sorry If I seem harsh M and M,But feel free to Pm me if you want,but if you are honest with me,I will be honest with you.

I thought you said you and Jerry were not together,but it looks like you are in bed together with him.

If you are part of his followers,then say so,no big deal.
    Hopefully you will stay awhile,because I beleive you will be blessed here,and will even learn something.

So,no hard feelings and you can call me freind if you like.

It may not be an axcident you showed up.There is much to learn here if you are teachable,if not,then sit awhile,you soon will be teachable I beleive.

Bless you.

Since you never introduced yourself,I never got a chance to give you a picture.I try to give pictures that match what I see in the person.So here is yours.

You are the unicorn,the forrest and the water is MysticWicks,and the Fairy is someone who has drawn you here and is watching you.

And you are drinking the water.Welcome

is offline MW member of whatever month it is
    Do I get a picture Azzy?!?!?!

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast