View Poll Results: Have you ever seen a faerie??

106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I see them at will

4 3.77%
  • Yes, I see them when they will

43 40.57%
  • No, and I just don't want to

11 10.38%
  • No, and I really truly want to

48 45.28%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Faerie Folk

Me too
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I used to be Selah. Now I'm Gaudior. ^_^

Chesapeake, VA
    A more accurate answer would be " No, not for a long while, but I would realy truly like to again" . . . .

I would see them as a kid, but didn't know it. Interesting story: by the request of my boyfriend (now husband) I went to a spiritualist church in Norfolk. They had a few mediums there, which I generally think are scam artists (even though I believe in the phenomenon, just think people are liars), but he was telling me how he was actually impressed (which is extremely rare, for him) by some of the things one of them said to him, and wanted to show me. The lady had her attention drawn to me (which I was expecting because I had bright orange/red dyed hair and it was my first and only time there) and said that my friend that "I was told was imaginary, as a child, was here with me and wanted me to know that has ever since, still followed me around" Then she called my attention to the fact that even though I no longer consciously know of or acknowledge "her" (I think I called her Victoria, even though Im told theyre unisex) that I still, without noticing it, leave room for her whenever I sit on a bench or something of the like . . . .at which point, I realized . . . ."holy crap, I never sit at the very edge of a bench. I always leave room between me and the end. I always assumed it was a silly little personality quirk, but this medium did not know of me, had not heard of me (my bf never actually talked to her), and did not know anything about me. . . . .but knew about my "imaginary" friend and my "silly personality quirk".

In my teen year, I wouldn't see them anymore, but knew they were still messing with me. For example, I would often lose(for example) my keys, and was notorious for getting completely bent out of shape when I couldn't find something I was looking for. I would tear up the whole house looking for it, screaming, the whole bit!!! . . . .But when I would finally stop and think, "they took it!" . . .and just say out-loud "give it back. now!!" . . . and would stop and 'chill out for a moment' . . . then walk back into my room . . . . the lost item in question would often be lying nice and neatly in the very center of my bed!!!! . . . and I was alone in the house, so I know that no person did this!!!!! That, and other experiences are proof enough for me!!!!

Their presence has been completely absent (or un-noticed) by me since I've almost completely stopped playing cello and violin. I still want to play but can't anywhere near afford a cello, and my violin in a cheap, squeaky, p.o.s. that my orchestra teacher would never let me use in or concerts. She would lend me hers. Once, I believe they un-tuned my cello, during a solo part. The cello NEVER had problems with pegs slipping or going out of tune, in the 2yrs I used it , but the string most of the solo was on completely unwound (which never happens anyways, unwinding all the way!)when I was right in the middle of it. Luckily, I had a finely-honed ear at the time and literally instantly re-tuned it, without altering my bowstroke. I totally played it off! The audience didn't even notice (the ones who didnt know the song or see the look on my face!).

Just thought that was pretty cool, at the time. May seem like a lame story to all of you . . . but those are my fae encounters . . . no stories within the last 4yrs though : (

Buffalo, NY
    I Know I have 'em all over my house cuz they drop stuff, move stuff... just generally make their presence known. My SO and I will tell them to stop and then we go and leave out a sauser of milk and it calms down for a while and then the cycle repeats. We have had them for so long now that it doesn't even bother us. I've never seen 'em though but my brother has.

Twilight... I play the cello too!! Try looking on eBay for a cheapie one!!

:heartbrea The bestest friends I could have ever asked for! "Rufus" 3-17-88 to 10-28-06 & "KoKo" 11-01-98 to 07-29-08:heartbrea

I think it depends and I think it is like anything you try to contact, there are good and there are bad. I have heard a lot of bad stories about faeries though, although I read once that they hate iron so if you ever go to contact them I suggest keeping it in your pocket to force them away if need be.

Mount Morris, MI

As a child

As a child, my mother a hedge witch, would invite in faery folk durning the winter. We had a family of house faeries living with us. They age very slowly, not like we do. I only saw the son, a teen maybe, and only once. However my mother saw both parents and a small girl and a baby besides the boy that I had seen. She had faery doors all over the house for them. She said they made them smile.

She used this to call them

Don’t forget the fairies of winter. During the darkest days of the year, why not work a little charm and invite the benevolent fairies of winter to stay in your house through the Winter Solstice festivities? They can hide out in the greenery and take refuge in the Yule tree and enjoy the holidays with you. According to tradition, a family who kindly invited the fairy folk out of the cold was rewarded with prosperity in the coming year. Stand at the threshold at sunset—a classic between time—and invite them in. You will notice this spell is worded carefully to avoid fairy mischief.

Gentle fairies of the winter Hear my call,
    I invite your caring presence To my hall.
    You are welcome within,
    So long as you stay
    Mischief free be it night and day.
    Come inside, you are free to roam ,
    we welcome you into our home.

at BEST they are a complete nuisance, that you can sort of muddle along with. occasionally very entertaining, maybe even fun sometimes. I have them where I am. I've grown quite fond of these specific ones, even if they're a pain in the backside about 90% of the time.

at Worst. well, that doesn't bear thinking about really, does it. at worst they can be very dangerous, deliberately spiteful and malicious, and beyond reasoning with.

Olympia, Washington, United States
    I know I have been watched in the woods when I hike. Just recently "saw" something from the corner of my eye behind a tree. I'm not sure what it was, but it didn't want me to see it full on anyway. I just know I was being watched.
    "The magnificent, marvelous, mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!" ~ Madam Mim, Sword in the Stone

East Coast, Floirda U.S.
    I know I always felt things around me and wondered if it was fearie. I've read a lot about fairies over the years and hopefully one day I'll come across them as I'm meditating. I remember as a kid though that I was afraid of my basement and believe it was a elf or something spiritual down there cause I could of sworn I saw eyes peeking out from under the basement steps.

Be Gentle With The Earth

Hammerfest, Northern Norway, (71 degree north)
    Could need your advice concerning the faeries:
    In summer I live on a camping-site in the woods. My outdoor-cat prefers a clearing just besides the site. I feel a very strong presence there, neither good nor evil, just totally different and somewhat scary. I think it could be faery. When I arrive there, I greet them very respectful, beg them to watch over Moshi, my cat, and offer them something from me, a smear of blood, some hairs and beg them to take this instead of my cat....can't imagine to loose him in these woods, even he is a skilled outdoor-cat and knows this area very well. I also offer them crystals and my own food. When I visit and pick up Moshi in the evening or at noon, I always have some food for him - and the faeries. And promise them a fine crystal the day we shall leave and all the cats are secure in the car, ready to go home. Last year I celebrated Lunasagh on this clearing, just before it became dark, and it was a great experience.
    The day of the departure last year, the worst happened: I took him out on a leash, but he managed to get out of it and vanished into the forest. I already had placed a clear crystal under a certain tree. So I removed it, very angry, and announced that they would not have it back before Moshi was not safe in the caravan again. He came home at his unsual time, and the next morning before the departure, the crystal was at it's place.

But now I feel scared by all these stories about the malvolence of faeries. I have to communicate with the entities who inhabit this clearing. Moshi likes to be there most of the time. So, do I do the right things, offering them something from me so that they do not need to keep my cat? And treating them with high respect? On the other hand, it is foolish not to treat nature spirits with respect and respectful love... I have never had any negative experiences, but I also never felt such powerful and somewhat frightening energies like those on the clearing. There are other parts, where I feel just nothing, and Moshi prefers this patch of land....
    Any comments to this all? THANK YOU A LOT!
    Panta rhei

En erebos phos

Goddess country
    I don't see fairies as malevolent. They are certainly mischievous, though. Their perspective is inhuman and completely alien to our way of thinking, but it strikes me as extremely different, not malevolent.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5