View Poll Results: Have you ever seen a faerie??

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I see them at will

4 3.77%
  • Yes, I see them when they will

43 40.57%
  • No, and I just don't want to

11 10.38%
  • No, and I really truly want to

48 45.28%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Faerie Folk

I have to agree with Little Billy. They are not pleasant little creatures. While some of them like Brownies might be helpful, there are just as many, like the Redcaps he mentioned, that are just awful little things.

I might be interested in an encounter with one of the fey, but only if he looked like Hugh Jackman, and could both cook and wash the dishes.
    "If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now."
    Douglas Adams

Don't let the images of cheery little leprechauns and Tinkerbelle-esque fairies with twinkly magic fairy dust lull you into a false sense of security ... if those little fellas lure you into their world you don't know what might happen. they're not to be messed with, the little folk, you want to treat them with respect.

~ Light up, light up, ~
    ~ As if you have a choice ~
    ~ Even if you cannot hear my voice, ~
    ~ I'll be right beside you dear. ~

^ Thanks to GEBS for my little friend here ^

:

How about... "No, and I don't believe in them, even if I think they are still an enchanting idea?"

Matters of Safety

It tends to get really ugly after awhile,usually ending up with lots of property damages,stomped toadstolls,plucked wings,lot's of medical bills,iron flyswatters,broken dishes,exploding cows and a plate of Double V's Special Recipe Honey Barbequed Fairy Fritters(tm).
    If this is fun, then that's one thing, but if it is a matter of the safety and well-being of people, then there should be something that can be done. I have connections, but I need the info.

Nevertheless, I am surprised that more people at this party don't like the Fae.
    - laserhazel

Bide within the Law you must, in perfect Love and perfect trust.

Live you must and let to live, fairly take and fairly give.

For tread the Circle thrice about to keep unwelcome spirits out.

To bind the spell well every time, let the spell be said in rhyme.

Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.

Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,

let love and light be our guides again.

These Eight words the Rede fulfill:

"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"

The last option was the closest to my thoughts on the matter... but my heart won't break either way. I think fairie art is absolutely beautiful and have started collecting fairies, but that's about as far as it goes. Oh, and I've had some cool dreams about living among the fairie realm.

Deanna "Mother Slytherin"
    Loving newlywed to my "Gryffindor" since 12/12/2008
    Proud to:
    "The Chocolate Kid" (Age 5)
    "The Loaf of Bread/Loafie" (Age 1)
    "Meatball" (Newborn)

is offline Goddess bless your little cotton socks!
    I love the Fae, they have interesting personalities. Yes, they are not all nice, but they are still worth getting to know, quite a lot like humans really. Treat them and the earth with respect and they will treat you with respect, but don't invite them into your home unless you have a real good sence of humour!

is offline Breathe deep, seek peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benvarry
    How about... "No, and I don't believe in them, even if I think they are still an enchanting idea?"
    I'm with you.

They are currently living in my herb garden. I'm hoping some plan a move out to the veggie garden this summer. I sure could use the help.

It's generally best not to make any assumptions about the fae. The word as most people seem inclined to use it would actually describe so many different types of being that it as impossible to make a generalised statement of their nature. It is as broad a term as 'life on earth' - they are just a different order of being, encompassing a whole range of species.

The fae I have encountered have not all been as childlike as commoly portrayed. Many have seemed dark, and somewhat troubled.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast