View Poll Results: Have you ever seen a faerie??

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I see them at will

4 3.77%
  • Yes, I see them when they will

43 40.57%
  • No, and I just don't want to

11 10.38%
  • No, and I really truly want to

48 45.28%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Faerie Folk

My answer to that question would be "sometimes, randomly" So maybe when they will?

Fae are as varied in temperament as any creatures--they can be kind and caring, helpful and industrious, harmlessly mischevous, downright evil, etc....
    "Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert
    Feel the urge to quote Eddie Izzard?

Quote Originally Posted by laserhazel
    If this is fun, then that's one thing, but if it is a matter of the safety and well-being of people, then there should be something that can be done. I have connections, but I need the info.

Nevertheless, I am surprised that more people at this party don't like the Fae.
    What's to like about the bloodthirsty little monsters?

Exterminate the brutes!
    What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Other. I've "seen" (read - felt) spirits, but I certainly don't see pixies, fairies, or other little things like that.

And if I start seeing them... let's just say a prescription for Seroquel will be in order.
    Last edited by Sequoia; March 5th, 2006 at 07:25 PM.
    "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
    We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

I've seen faeries/elementals on two occations, and both were good experiances. Faeries tend to get a bad rap as being little beings looking out to "get you", but not all types are. Depending on the temperment of them, they can be helpful to you as you help yourself grow closer to nature, and learn from them how to repect nature.

McCoy's book the Encyclopedia of Faeries gives a good overview of all the types, but she also has a causious feeling to her connection with the fae.

If your interested in working with nature spirits you there is a lot of really lovely new matieral being put out by really wonderful people who have worked with them for years. It makes me happy, because I feel that this area of work has been neglected for years.

Alicen Geddes-Ward has written a book called "Faeriecraft" which I personally love. Even if you use it as a place to gather more interest for working with fae and not adopt the pathwork it's written by one of the formost writer's on the subject from the UK. And an incredibly nice person to boot!

If you want more references or have questions never hesitate to drop me a PM. I'm always glad to help and communicate with anyone interested in the faeries.

I also see and communicate with spirit along with other higher plane energies. Who the heck needs drugs when you can meditation.

cobweb
    The Gnome is in my purse.

is offline Letting inspiration take potshots at me
    I have several of the Fae hanging about my home. They move with me from place to place and I love having them around. They can be quite playful and sometimes annoying when they hide things. lol
    Laugh until you cry, don't cry until you laugh. :irish: I was Shamrocked by WillowRosette
    Life is meant to be lived to the fullest.
    Wakan Tankan Nici Un -- May the Great Spirit walk with you
    Yigaquu osaniyu adanvto adadoligi nigohilvi nasquv utloyasdi nihi -- May the Great Spirit's Blessings Always Be With You
    http://www.rsdhope.org/

is offline Eclectic Pagan of a solitary nature
    not sure how to answer this one.....hmm
    Thanks Faeawyn, Sennefer, Noriohtle and Kern

Region

I am living on a ranch in Northeastern Oklahoma. When I go outside, as in down to the creek, it feels like it's a place that faeries could never go. There are a lot of really nice tree and rock formations. The landscape leads me to believe that the area is a perfect place for faeries, but that the lack of believing in such an entity in grade school, has carried over to the area. I am sure it is a matter of time, it is a place that faeries would adore.

Except the ones that little billy talks about.
    - laserhazel

Bide within the Law you must, in perfect Love and perfect trust.

Live you must and let to live, fairly take and fairly give.

For tread the Circle thrice about to keep unwelcome spirits out.

To bind the spell well every time, let the spell be said in rhyme.

Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.

Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,

let love and light be our guides again.

These Eight words the Rede fulfill:

"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"

I also have house faeries too, Galena! They play with the cats, and one likes to leave the fireplace curtain gaped. I fix it and the next day it's gaped open again! I know it's not the cats, cause they don't mess with the fire place! Probably a brownie.

Hazel: Even if you don't believe in the idea of faeries, there is not a place that they aren't. The way you talk about the area I can tell the energy is really sweet. It has a really loving, gentle joy to it. When the wild flowers start blooming you should take some down to your favorite rock and float them in the water.

Kids get taught not to believe, but sometimes we have to remove that, and accept that as adults we relearn good habits again. I'm sure people think I'm quite odd when I talk about the tree spirits and the grass rings in the yard, but over the past two weeks I keep attracting the best people to me who believe in faeries too. These silly grown adults that love the idea that faerie gardens are wonderful, and faerie plants are a must.

Maybe it's the kid in me that it resonates too, but I think sometimes we all have to let that kid out to play.

A vision

I constantly have a vision that the room is full of faeries, but I keep inhaling them and on each outbreath I release them. Also, sometimes, I can't walk through the room for fear of stepping on them. They apparently love me very much and seek to be near me, this is really good for my self-esteem becasue it makes me feel like they truly care.

I first started contemplating the reality of Faeries in 1998, I lived in Oklahoma City and Raved alot. There were a lot of ravers that were very resemblent of Faeries. Of course on acid, people that look like faeries can be perceived as Faeries and this sort of counts.
    - laserhazel

Bide within the Law you must, in perfect Love and perfect trust.

Live you must and let to live, fairly take and fairly give.

For tread the Circle thrice about to keep unwelcome spirits out.

To bind the spell well every time, let the spell be said in rhyme.

Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.

Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,

let love and light be our guides again.

These Eight words the Rede fulfill:

"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"

That's a very interesting vision, since faeries are considered to be in everything we touch on a daily basis.

And of course they care! They wouldn't be making an attempt to contact you if they didn't. Loose for the faerie sign and you'll be suprised at what you find!!

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast