Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Quartz Formations & Properties

i believe it is rutile quartz, since i have rutile quartz with golden, reddish and silverish needles

It was in reference to gold ore. It can be found in Welsh quartz but is quite rare. It appears as flakes/flecks within the quartz. Similar gold (gold found on quartz) is actually favored by some peaple for making jewelery even though it is priced higher. The British royal family up until this past century favored this type of gold for making its jewelery.

Also just realised that I never posted any basic information on Quatrz itself so I am adding that now at the beginning of the first post on this thread.
    Last edited by Wolfsong; March 9th, 2006 at 03:34 PM.

Clear Quartz: Along with all of the properties associated with Quartz a water clear crystal is said to be male. As such they are great to carry around for males to keep them balanced and for females who what to get more in touch with thier masculine side.

Chakra: All

Attachment 73476

White Quartz: Along with all the properties associated with Quartz White Quartz is said to be female. They are very helpful for women to remain balanced and great for men who want to get more in touch with thier feminine side.

A crystal that is half clear and half clouded is called a Ying Yang crystal. These promote a balance of both the masculine and feminine energies on both the physical and mental levels.

Attachment 73477

Extra-Terrestrial Crystal: This is a crystal with a single termination on one end and multiple terminations on the other end.

It is believed these crystals help one contact space beings, celestial beings, and guardian angles. Along with this they help to remind us that we are all individuals within the one. ETs help one build and maintain self-confidence and courage.

Chakra: Third Eye, Throat

Attachment 73478

Generator Crystal:
    This is a crystal which has 6 evenly spaced sides that center at the tip.

They have the ability to store, amplify and transmit or generate energy. Along with this they also are wonderful projectors, concentraters, and enhancers of other crystals' or minerals' energies. They can be use to create a connection and unity within a group and transmit thoughts which is especially useful for teachers and healers. They stimulate all portions of the physical, mental and emotional bodies. These truely are powerful tools.

Chakra: Third Eye, Throat

Attachment 73479

Japan Law Twin: These crystals have twin points at a 90 degree angle.

These are great for clearing the aura and for aligning the auric body with the physical structure, dispelling anger and stabilizing your emotions. They help in working out problems on both the pysical and subtle levels.

Attachment 73480
    Last edited by Wolfsong; August 29th, 2007 at 08:38 PM.

Scepter Crystal: This is a crystal where the top of the crystal formation is larger in diameter than the stem.

The scepter crystal brings the energies of the higher planes into healing ceremonies. It the focuses the energy directly to the cause of the matter. It is great for transmitting directional energy. They help to establish a firm connection to your true self by reminding you who you are and why you are here. Scepter Quartz gives you courage to take action and follow through by instilling confidence in all your endevours. Excellent for the third eye and for protection as well as for transforming energy and dispersing negative energies. They are believed to have been worn by priests and priestesses of Altantis. (The one pictured below is of an Amethyst scepter and is also rutile included. Although very small this is one of my most powerful tools when it comes to dealing with emotions.)

Attachment 73481
    Last edited by Wolfsong; August 29th, 2007 at 08:39 PM.

first time a saw an amethyst scepter and one beig rutilated. that one must be very rare. I own a couple of scepters most of them are rough and not clear grade B quality and one polished. Was this one polished?
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

It comes from the Kakamunurle mine in Tamil Nadu, Southern India. They have been finding these scepters there for over 10 years now but only recently have they been finding pockets large enough where they become more readily available world wide. That being said they still are not common by any means and very hard to find. Clusters are almost impossible to come by but you do see them now and then. Mine orginally came from an old mentor 11 years ago. No.. it is not polished.

An interesting note on minerals from India. Up until about 6 years ago or so there were some individuals in India who traveled from mine to mine to ensure crystals/minerals were taken ethically. Time was taken to chart the pocket and note the energies from individual crystals as well as their relation to the pocket and if any interacted. This is the same process that is still carried out in Brazil. Although there has been a big decline regarding this process in both countries it has all but disappeared in India where as in Brazil, although it is no longer a common practice, it is still carried out. Recently there has been a comeback in this area in both India and Brazil due to the demand worldwide.
    Last edited by Wolfsong; March 26th, 2006 at 03:28 PM.

Harlequin Quartz: These contain red specs of Hematite or Lepidocrocite. The one pictured has Lepidocrocite inclusions which combines the properties of both minerals.

It helps regain energy as well as helps with circulation. It is great for the base chakra and helps create a direct link between the base and heart chakras. This Quartz allows one to open the heart and emotional bodies to help in healing and transformation. It assists in healing traumas from both this life as well as past lives and helps in relieving depression. Helpful with any heart disorders.

Chakra: Heart, Solar Plexus, Sacral, Base

Attachment 73482

Tabular Quartz: This is a crystal which is flattened. If the width is not at least two times the thickness of the depth it isnt a tabby.

This crystal is great for communication and retrieving information that can bridge the gap between the mind and the heart. To accomplish this it grounds "scattered" energies allowing us to focus clearly on the task at hand. Great for developing psychic abilities it can also be used to activate or clear other minerals or crystals. The one pictured is also covered on one side with Fearie Frost.

Chakra: Throat, Third Eye

Fairy Frost: This is a very light dusting of quartz on a crystal. When touched it feels like a very fine sandpaper. To view it usually requires using a magnifying loop. If you look closely at the right side of the crystal you can barely make out some of the frost.

These crystals are great for working with nature as well as dissipating unwanted energies from chakras.

Attachment 73483

Tibetan Quartz: These are highly protective spiritual crystals and as such make awesome pocket crystals to carry with you at all times. They are great for chakra work and double terminated ones are great for connecting chakras as well as desolving any blocks between them. They also carry a strong "OM" vibration making them excellent crystals for meditation. Great healing crystals as well as great crystals for teaching healing to students.

Attachment 73484

Although the 2 crystals shown below have only been with me for 3 weeks now they have become great partners for me in my work. Learning to work with them took only a few days when normally it takes me 2 or 3 weeks to feel comfortable with crystals.They both have Actinolite inclusions in thier tips, one green, one yellow.

The green one is amazing for any work involving nature. It also has a tiny bit of yellow right at the tip. This for me makes it a great healing tool for nature which is something that is very dear to me. It also allows access to all realms of nature and helps one in linking with these realms.

Chakra: Base, Sacral

The yellow (Golden Healer) one I am slowly starting to work with when healing is involved. These are reputed to be incredible healing tools. They help one in recognizing the techniques needed to overcome illness of any kind. You will find them to have a very high frequency energy. Golden Healers come from many areas with beautiful ones coming out of Mt. Ida Arkansas which are coated with a light dusting of Iron Hydrate giving them a stunning appearence. The two types, included and coated, differ subtley in energies but both make phenominal healing tools.

Chakra: Sacral, Solar Plexus

Attachment 73485 Attachment 73486
    Last edited by Wolfsong; August 29th, 2007 at 08:43 PM.

Dream Quartz: This quartz gets its color from Epidote inclusions.

It can assist in states of deep meditation and lucid dreaming.It assists in the contact with spirit guides as well as in the development of channeling abilities. It bring peace and relaxes the body. It assists in remembering dreams and helps to manifest those dreams. It also helps in past life regression work.

Chakra: Third Eye

Attachment 78009
    Last edited by Wolfsong; November 7th, 2007 at 08:42 PM.

Witches Finger: I just recieved the specimen pictured below and thought I would share with you what I know to date. I first heard about these crystals a few years ago and they caught my interest right away. They were originally found by a couple of South African men who had traveled to Zambia to this dig location. As the first crystal was being uncovered it was said it was long and thin and covered with thick warts. This is where the name witches fingers came from. Witches in Africa are thought of much in the same way as are other healers around the world. They are both feared and at the same time looked at with great respect due to thier healing knowledge as well as thier knowledge in respect to all of nature.
    Witches Fingers are comprised of Quartz crystals with Mica, Iron Oxide, Hematite and Magnetite inclusions. The inclusions do however vary and crystals may contain all, some or even more minerals than mentioned above. The attachments which resemble "warts" are comprised of all of the above minerals.

These crystals are said to be powerful protective tools and can be placed throughout the house, in doorways or carried with you for this purpose. They are said to instill peace by activating the fourth chakra as well as opening the heart. They allow you to analize dreams in a logical way and will attract new teachers and spirit guides to you when the time is right. They assist you in looking at your life and taking the nessessary steps in making logical choices to move your life ahead. It teaches you that change is a vital part of everyone's life and that we should not fear it.

Chakra: Base, Third Eye

Attachment 73488
    Last edited by Wolfsong; August 29th, 2007 at 08:44 PM.

Regional Quartz

I have found that while working with quartz some commonalities occur based on the location from where it came. As with all quartz, and all minerals for that matter, not everything holds true for everyone or every individual crystal/mineral but this does occur enough to warrant mention. Also, there are many quartz locals and there is no way to touch on all of them so for here I shall just touch on the obvious locals where much of today's quartz comes from. Again, I always stress that you work with any mineral yourself to learn from it and use any insights you have gained from others as a guideline only. That being said...

Let me start by saying that I honestly believe that minerals coming from areas where the land has been subject to human abuse or where minerals have been mined unethically can, at times, be hard to tap in to for knowledge or may not allow their true strength to come forth for some time and in rare cases never depending on the damage done. It has been proven that quartz can be mutilated to the point where it vibrates at a different frequency and where it no longer holds the identical charge it did prior to being altered. At times these changes can enhance a crystal and at times they can be damaged forever. This is why it is so important for anyone interested in working with any mineral to learn from it on a one on one basis for every crystal is unique with its own imprint. All this being said crystals can also change thier imprint due to natural occurances. A great example of this is lightening strike quartz and shock quartz. Due to natural phenomina they have taken on properties they never had before. Fulgarites (sand which has been hit by lightening and turned into quartz tubes) are another great example of something being transformed and after posessing different properties. So as can be seen... events, both natural and man made, can effect minerals both positively and negatively.

Brandberg, Nambia: Quartz from this location is known for its combinations of Amethyst, Smokey and Clear Quartz all within the same Crystal. Many enhydros come from this area as well. Although mining techniques here tend to be better than other places in Africa the Crystals still need some extra work to fully open. Work with them is well worth the effort however as they truly are unique individuals.

Romania: In recent years a very important type of Quartz has been coming out of this country and although the mine is now closed enough material was taken out to make it readily available to today's buyers. Quartz from this area is renouned for its shape and associations. Taking the shape of Tessiner Habit Crystals in both Smokey and white variations and having Calcite, Pyrite and Dolomite assiciations this Quartz has Quickly gained a foothold within the metaphysical community. It's energies are unique to not only the mineral and its associations but also to it's local. This Quartz needs very little cleansing effort before starting work with it.

Russia: Over the last few years Russian Quartz is finding its way more and more into the metaphysical community. With several mines producing unique Quartz such as Snow Quartz, Prazem, Beta, Red, and Growth Interference Russia is Quickly becoming a leader in Quartz exports. Look for this Quartz to tkae some time to open up to you but in the end it will be some of the most useful, unique and trustworthy Quartz for you to work with developing deep connections.

Peru: Although often overlooked these days Quartz from Peru is still a mainstay amoung many pagans. Known for its Feary/Needle Quartz Quartz has been mined here for decades and used by locals for centuries. This is a very delicate Quartz both physically and in every other respect. Cleansing is done very easily and is not required as often as with other Quartz. There is another form of Quartz from Peru coming from Nazca which holds very old and unique properties as well but is little known outside the country.

Congo: This area is know for its high quality natural Citrine. It is some of the purest in the world. One must keep in mind however that this area is still strickened by poverty and as such one sees many human as well as land abuses in the mining techniques used. With all this in mind Crystals from this area may need several cleansings to fully open them for work but the results in the end make it time well spent. In a way the Crystals need healing before they can help you in your endevours.

Orange River: Quartz from this locale comes in many differing forms and much of it is included with Hematite as well as other minerals. The Quartz overall is known for its healing qualities as well as its nature qualities. These are crystals which bring the calming and peaceful energies of nature into our local environ like few others can. Many are included with minerals causing pleasing pastel colors which only enhance this peaceful energy and help to ward off stress and unease from an environ. Keep in mind however that these Crystals, like all others, are individuals and as such need to be studied to gain access to their deepest potential. Crystals from here can contain most formations found in Quartz around the world. Quartz in this locale tends to be mined fairly ethically and as such may not need any extra cleansings. It does take a little more work than other Quartz however.

Madagascar: Amazing varieties of quartz come from here. They as well in a lot of cases need extra cleansing but again can become very powerful crystals. For me these prove to be great nature crystals and work well for all aspects of healing.

India: Although more known for other minerals some great quartz comes from here. They, at times, tend to need a little more cleansing but exibit a remarkable purity after.

Tibet: Unfortunately much of what is sold as Tibetan quartz is in actuality Chinese quartz. If you are lucky enough to actually come across quartz from Tibet which has been mined ethically you are in touch with a very powerful helper. There is no better crystal for meditation.

China: Although some sellers sell Quartz from China as Himalayan or Tibetan Quartz more and more sellers are distinguishing this by saying Quartz from Chinese Tibet and so on. Add to this some of the new Quartz coming out of China such as Chocolate Window Quartz as well as some stunning Red Quartz and Chinese Quartz is starting to find its rightful place within the metaphysical world. Abuses in mining techniques are at times still an issue but not as much as a decade ago. This Quartz will need a bit more cleansing and initial work than some others but the uniqueness of this material is worth the work.

High Altittude Quartz: This comes mostly from elevations of 10,000 feet or more. They make for great helpers when it comes to meditation and clear thought. Cleansing on these tends to be minimal. These also tend to be some of the purest Crystals to work with.

Mount Ida: Quartz from this area tends to be very stable and consistant to work with. In terms of cleansing I use the information I have from cleansing quartz from here as a guide to judge how hard or how easy it is to cleanse quartz from other areas. Again... there are a lot of variables which may well throw any of this information right out the window but as a guide it works fairly consistantly. Quartz from here can be used confidently in all aspects of your work.

South America (Brazil): This can be some of the most powerful quartz you will ever work with and this is the quartz with which I learned a lot of what I know today. My teacher came from Brazil and went back regularly to lay out the energies of quartz before they were mined. I'll get back to this in a bit. Brazilian quartz is known for its healing and teaching properties but one must be wary of quartz from here as well. Although most of the quartz is mined ethically from here there are exceptions and some of these exceptions are extreme enough to at times have long lasting impact on the quartz. Using dynamite is not a good way to gain access to or mine quartz.
    All this being said... healers and shamans in Brazil have been using quartz in their work for thousands of years and their knowledge is vast. In certain areas, to this day, when a quartz deposit is found a shaman is called in to map the energies of the quartz before being disturbed. There are many aspects to this. Not only do they map the energies from individual crystals but also how they interact with other crystals as well as energies created by two or more crystals whose energies have interacted. This is a very complex process but it opens a window for the shaman or anyone who works with these crystals in the future to the natural energies of the crystal before they were mined. These natural energies when not altered and when shared by the shaman allow people access to truely incredible natural energies. This can be taken one step farther if one is fortunate enough to be gifted with two crystals which in thier natural environ shared energies. The natural link that exists between two such crystals opens doors that cannot be opened any other way.

As I said above, quartz can be found all over the world and as such to even begin to discuss quartz locals in the hopes of covering the topic is doomed to failier. What I have attempted here is to touch on quartz from areas I am familiar with. You wont find a lot of information on this out there. I personally have never seen any... just vague mentions here and there. With this in mind hopefully I have opened a door for at least a few to go out and explore this avenue of study. This line of study opens itself to all minerals, not just quartz.
    This also made me think of another aspect of quartz work which I dont think has been touched on either to any great extent and hopefully I can post it here in the near future. This would be a short outline of how quartz is/was used in different cultures. What I mean by this is that quartz formations such as timelines, isis face, ETs and so on are completely unknown to some cultures while other cultures see a dull, cloudy crystal as an old mentor full of knowledge to be shared and pay no attention at all to a timeline. Some cultures look only at the.... well, you get the idea. Lets leave it at this for now and as I said above... hopefully I have sparked interest in a new line of thought for at least some of you with the above material.
    Last edited by Wolfsong; October 29th, 2007 at 04:47 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast