Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Quartz Formations & Properties

Quartz Beliefs in South America/Brazil

I'm going to start this this next aspect of Quartz work by looking at Brazil and the way it's healers have looked at working with Quartz for thousands of years. I find myself torn with this subject seeing that it is a very personal path with me and I have been told that it's intricacies should not be shared readily. With this in mind I will try and touch on some basic aspects to hopefully kindle some interest. I encourage people who feel drawn to this path to seek out more wisdom from qualified teachers.

In upcoming posts I will try and touch on other cultures and thier work with Quartz. For now... lets get started on Brazil/South America.

Healers/shamans have existed in Brazil for thousands of years. During this time their work with quartz has been refined to a level which is astoundingly effective. For me the secret lies in its simplicity. Although some basic formations of Quartz are recognised South American healers look more towards the inner formations of Quartz realising full well that the internal structure of Quartz holds the secrets of how it resonates and what frequencies it resonates best to. It is these frequencies which in large part dictate what specific crystals will be used for.

One of the first things you will learn from healers in South America is that they are only guides to help you along your path. The true secrets lie within the Quartz itself and are there for you to discover and learn how to work with. It becomes a very personal journey with the healer mostly there only for guidance and support.

Another important aspect of working with Quartz in this culture is that Quartz should never be touched by others once they have been programmed and should never be used for anything but serious work.

Cleaning Quartz is only done by what can be scraped of the crystal using a knife or other object and washing it in water. It is believed anything that remains after this has become one with the crystals and is now an intricate part of it.

Mining Quartz in South America is done very ethically at times. When a quartz deposit is found a shaman is called in to map the energies of the quartz before being disturbed. There are many aspects to this. Not only do they map the energies from individual crystals but also how they interact with other crystals as well as energies created by two or more crystals whose energies have interacted. This is a very complex process but it opens a window for the shaman or anyone who works with these crystals in the future to the natural energies of the crystal before they were mined. These natural energies when not altered and when shared by the shaman allow people access to truely incredible natural energies.

Programming Quartz is another important aspect in this culture but again... I feel this isnt the place to address this aspect of work.

Storing Quartz: Some feel Quartz should be kept wrapped up and hidden away from prying eyes unless they are being worked with. Pouches made of black material are favored. I think everyone can see with how open I am about sharing pictures of my Quartz I tend not to follow this aspect of work too closely.

As mentioned above most Quartz work is based on internal structures but some exterior structures are unique enough to be recognised as structures which effect Quartz energies. Here I will touch on a few.

Doudle Terminated Quartz: DTs are considered to be protective. They amplify and increase your natural protective shield which surrounds your body which some refer to as your Aura. This increases your confidence on all levels of existance and while working in other dimensions and is the principle reason healers use DT wands. These crystals are also used to aid in what is called "conceptual gaze". This is a state where the mind and the heart become one and where niether wishes to dominate. There are differing techniques to reach this state but this is not the place to address those. All of this make DT wands very powerful tools for healing as well as traveling in other realms. The most important aspect of working with DT wands is to feel a deep personal relationship with it.

Trigonics: This is a term used for crystals which have triangular shapes in/on them. These tell us that the crystal has the capacity to carry great knowledge within its structure.

ET Crystals: These are very powerful crystals because they are easily programable. One is pictured below and is labeled "trident". This is so called due to the fact it has 3 terminations on one side. What makes this crystal even more powerful is that it is a "master resonance crystal". More on this later.
    Broken Crystals: It is believed that crystals which have fractured into several pieces will continue to resonate as one as long as the pieces remain in close proximity to each other (2 to 10 meters). If they are seperated over great distances they will in time become individual and resonate differently.

Bridge, Twin Flame & "Y" Crystals: Bridge crystals have a rough "A" shape and are known to assist on in bridging gaps at all levels of work. Twin Flame crystals are two crystals of similar size which are joined at the base and then split in a "V" shape. These crystals acknowledge a common beginning but also celebrate individual growth after. Two crystals which form a natural "Y" are considered as two differing entities which have united to create one harmonious energy.

Shards: These form in one of two ways. First is if a piece breaks off a crystal in a natural way such as what may happen when an earthquake hits. The second and more common way is a crystal which has not had time to complete its formation. Shards are considered by some to be the most powerful Quartz and are looked at as "free spirits" who do not confine themselves to a given shape. These become amazing tools when working towards a solution which may need to be looked at from an unusual perspective and when one needs to think "outside the box".

Rainbows: Quartz which contains rainbows are considered to be lightbringers. They take in one spectrum of light and transform it into many spectrums. For this reason they become very powerful tools in transforming energies. The shard pictured below has amazing rainbows which makes it an extremely powerful companion under the right circumstances.

Next we come to the inner structure of Quartz and some of the ways this structure is looked at and worked with. Lets start with one of the most powerful and most unique structures.

Centrals & thier Remotes: These are two crystals which have grown together for millions of years and where a smaller one has grown within the energy field of a larger one. It truely is impossible to seperate the energies of the two crystals and as such they are worked with as one. Some look at it as the Central crystal being the foundation of the frequency whereas the Remote is the catalyst for new growth. The Remote becomes a great well of energy at any time seeing it is at all times tapped into its bigger counterpart. This makes it an amazing helper while traveling when one needs to tap into the energies from "home". If however the two are split over an extended period of time (usually years) their energies will grow apart in the same way broken crystals do. Below is pictured a Central crystal along with its Remote.

Master Matrix Crystals: These are crystals which are considered great teachers and for the most part look dull and aged with patterns and shapes etched in its side. These crystals are ideally suited for programming.

Master Resonance Crystals: These are the workhorses of many healers in Brazil. Some say they would rather have one of these than twenty regular crystals and many healers rely on ten to fifteen of these and only four or five regular crystals. These crystals, over time, have become one with the individual and know his needs in any given situation. As time passes one will become superior at meditation, another will take on the roll of manifestation... and so on. These crystals are not so much "programmed" as over time they tend to program themselves to your needs and if worked with intimately will, in a lot of cases, show you needs which you are not yet aware of. This level of work however takes years of training.

Some people in South America, in resent years, have starting applying thier crystal beliefs to Chakra work. This has opened an amazing door by combining the beliefs of two age old cultures. When one sees the successes of work such as this one cant help but be totally amazed when one thinks of what the future holds for open minded individuals who refuse to limit their work.

I could go on and on with Quartz work in South America but I think the above is a good basic outline of some of its' highlights.

I'll leave you with one final thought which is for the most part a universal truth throughout South America. It is that all workers feel no Quartz can be "pigeon holed" by any one idividual for any other individual and that each individual quartz resonates at a specific frequency for specific individuals. This is one of the biggest "secrets" of thier work and is the main reason why I mention over and over in posts that no matter what you read... no matter what people share with you... spend time with each crystal so that you can learn what it has to teach. No one can do this for you.

Below you will find a picture of some of my Brazilian Quartz. These pieces are all treasures and hold a spot close to my heart/mind. They are all master resonance crystals. The remote is truely the most amazing of crystals. Its internal structure features a crystal mountain range with a river (large enhydro) flowing through it. Words truely cannot describe it. The floater is complete and huge. It has no contact points and shows the same structure on the other side.

I hope that the above is helpful to those interested in this path. It truely is a unique way which resonates not only within yourself but within all of nature as well.

Attachment 65601
    Last edited by Wolfsong; April 24th, 2007 at 05:03 PM.

I've added better pictures of the above Brazilian Quartz.

First is the remote. If you look close you can see the "crystal mountains" by looking in the main face on the right side. Dont let the picture fool you. The outer faces of this specimen are perfectly smooth and all the structures which are visable are clearly seen within the tip of the crystal. They are hard to make out but are visable. Also if you notice the two bright shiney spots in the middle of the window... the upper light spot is the enhydro. It is above and offset a bit to the left of the other shiney spot. Its also more opaque looking and cleary circular. It moves almost entirely across the crystal. It becomes a lot more visable if you enlarge the picture as big as it will go.

Attachment 73493

Next is the trident. You can see the three terminations on the top of the crystal but what makes this crystal so special for me is the shallow indentation you see almost in the middle of the crystal. This fits my thumbprint perfectly and seems to draw my thumb into the cystal making us one. At the other end of the crystal you see a single point. Located here and visable on in the left side of the main face is a great little manifestation crystal.

Attachment 73489

The central partner of the remote is next. This has amazing structures in the face as can be seen and is the darkest smokey quartz I have ever seen.

Attachment 73490

Below is the floater. This is just an amazing mass of quartz which grounds any room it is put in.

Attachment 73491

Lastly is the shard. I have included three pictures of it to show the amazing rainbows throughout this piece. In the far right picture you can make out where there are the beginnings of crystal formations. Also, in the other pictures, you can make out some amazing boundries where the colour of the quartz changes drastically.

Attachment 73492

The remaining crystals in the above post can be found in other posts in this thread.
    Last edited by Wolfsong; April 24th, 2007 at 05:04 PM.

excellent, awesome, speechless

Eastern Practices & How Quartz May Be Used Within Them: India, Tibet, China & Japan

I have desided to combine these four areas due to the fact that through the ages there are more commonalities than there are differences. Yes specific areas were the origins of specific systems and yes the cultural climates have changed throughout human history but most of the main systems were very quickly adapted to the surrounding areas with only minor alterations. This can be easily seen in systems such as Rieki, Feng Shui and Chakras which are spread throughout these eastern countries, at times using different names, and with which Quartz can be used.

Mining Quartz in these countries can be very ethical but may also be done very unethically. Tibet and Japan tend to treat the magority of their Quartz mining with great respect. While China and India do this as well it is more common however to find unethical mining practices there. Both India and Tibet, at times, mine quartz in a similar fashion as they do in Brazil. Healers in some instances still gather thier Quartz themselves there and make sure to identify the natural vibrations prior to collecting them.

Cleaning Quartz in these lands is kept to the minimum for the most part. A wash in a local river or stream is all that is needed. Too much alteration of the Quartz is believed to alter thier natural vibrations.

The storing and handling of crystals, for the most part, follows the philosophies of these cultures. When not in use the crystals are placed in prominent places within the dwelling. It is believed that thier vibrations should be left open and unhindered. In this way they help with the Feng Shui of the dwelling. At times even Quartz used for healing is left in the open free to be handled by everyone. The thought here is that the vibrations are helpful to all.

Quartz Vibrations: In both Tibet and India as well as some areas of China and Japan the energy system sought within quartz is referred to as the crystal's specific vibration. All of these countries to some extent looked at the "purity" of Quartz and guaged this purity based on the vibration. None is better known than the "OM" vibration. In eastern belief "OM" is the essence of everything. It is the beginning from which all other vibrations emerge. It is believed that Tibetan Quartz contains a very powerful "OM" vibration. One aspect of vibration which was taken very seriously was the sound which was created by specific vibrations.This can be seen in the use of Tibetan Quartz Singing Bowls but more on this later.

Quartz Purity: Purity was in large part based on the clarity of the quartz, fractures within as well as inclusions. Inclusions played a big role and varied greatly. Today Quartz from Madagascar is used frequently in eastern techniques. This is in large part due to the wonderful included Quartz coming from there which lends itself perfectly to these styles of work.

Feng Shui: This is the Chinese art of building using the natural energies of the earth to enhance the living environ. A similar system is also used in India and Japan. The first step of this is to seek out natural earth energies which lend themselves to enhancing human habitats. It is believed rivers, valleys, mountains and all other land formations play a part, both positively and negatively, in the way energies interact with human habitats. Once building is complete natural objects such as quartz can be used to farther enhance these energies.
    Feng Shui is a study unto itself and Quartz used in conjunction with this system can lead to amazing harmonizing energies within your living and working environs.

Reiki: Reiki is the Japanese art of using pressure points to treat stress and help the body to relax which in turn promotes healing. Similar techniques are used throughout eastern countries. The word Reiki comes from two Japanese words, Rei which means "God's Wisdom or Higher Power" and Ki which means "Life Force Energy". It teaches us that all life is infused with energy and it is when this energy is low that the body is more likely to feel stress which in turn may lead to sickness. More and more today people are adding the energies of Quartz to this healing technique. Specific crystals' frequencies are used to enhance these energy flows. Although some feel that the addition of Quartz in this technique is a modern development there are hints of it in the past.

Chakras: Chakra work and Reiki go hand in hand and some treat the two systems as one. They do however have different origins so I will address them seperately here.
    Work with Chakras has evolved tremendously in the last 40 years. Today there are more systems than than one can ever hope to learn and some differ drastically. Even the number of Chakras vary but most systems deal with seven primary Chakras while acknowledging secondary Chakras. This, like both of the systems mentioned above, is a study unto itself but like the systems mentioned above this one as well can be supplimented with the use of Quartz to enhance energy flow. Using Quartz in this system is not new and other minerals may be used as well. Once again the use of Quartz vibrations are used to enhance energy flow.

The one commonality in the above three systems is the use of specific vibrations in Quartz to assist in the flow of specific energies within the human body as well as the environs in which we work and live.

Tibetan Quartz Singing Bowls: These bowls are designed to vibrate at specific frequencies which in turn create specific sound waves to assist in meditation, astral travel and healing. Sound, for healing and meditation, has been used for thousands of years in the far east and its techniques are still practiced today with amazing success.

Tibetan Singing Crystals: These are Quartz crystals which, when lightly tapped together, create a vibration which in turn creates a sound wave which has a calming/harmonizing effect on people which in turn stimulates meditation and healing. There is a picture of two of these in a prior post in this thread.

Although I do use Quartz from the above cultures in my work and do incorporate these vibrations into my work as well I do not know enough about any of the above systems to go more deeply into them. The exception would be Feng Shui which in one form or another is used by cultures world-wide. The above information, like most information given in this thread, is here to hopefully awaken an inner guide within you. If this is the case I encourage you to seek out and delve deeper into these paths.
    Last edited by Wolfsong; April 24th, 2007 at 05:04 PM.

just a thought or two

you mention that the clear quartz was considered male and the milk/snow quartz female.

i too do see male and female in crystals, but have learned that the point tops /\ are male and the flat points/ - \ are female, regardless of quartz kind. so there can be male/female clear, snow, amethyst, citrine etc quartzes - which does make more sense too.

it also does go d'accord with the energy emitence of the crystals (male=direct, outgoing; female, indirect, incoming)

just my train of thought to your otherwise completely awesome thread

Thank you Czech... I've never worked with that aspect but have heard of it. Just to get it right .. do you mean \_/ or do you mean an actual crater in the tip \-/? both are looked at upside down in these perspectives. I've added it to the references made to male and female
    Last edited by Wolfsong; June 8th, 2006 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsong
    Thank you Czech... I've never worked with that aspect but have heard of it. Just to get it right .. do you mean \_/ or do you mean an actual crater in the tip \-/? both are looked at upside down in these perspectives. I've added it to the references made to male and female
    yes exactly \_/ i hadnt thought of upside down, and was wondering how to draw them

so male is \/ this and female is \_/ that

which works exelently with the stones. note that the flat side is far m,ore rare than the pointy one (there is more boys than gals, lol) which also affects the price range for a female stone (higher, usually) but worth every dime.

if you get the chance, lay down, and place a stone in a way, so it points to you with its natural tip

the male energy will be felt faster, tinglier, maybe even uncomfy at times, while the female vibe is more distinguished, harder to feel actualy. its more diffuce, and gives off a calming energy.

adding one more thing. i know in germany people devide rose-quartz in two categories, the crystaline rose quartz your picture shows, is called pink quartz, while rose-quartz refers to the clustery growing masses of the pink quartz variety

A question on the rose quartz if I may CzechWoods. I've always been taught rose quartz is rose quartz no matter if its structure is crystalized or massive and that the properties are the same.

One thing I have noticed on my own is that massive rose quartz tends to be a more passive, free flowing energy whereas the crystalized version tends to be more focused and consentrated.

I was curious if Europeans have given the two formations more individualized roles and if so what they are.

I was actually saving massive quartz, both clear and rose, for near the end along with other massive quartz such as Girasol and then ending with manipulated quartz... but I'm getting ahead of myself.... if Europeans do differentiate between the two rose quartz more than we do I would love ot include that aspect here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsong
    A question on the rose quartz if I may CzechWoods. I've always been taught rose quartz is rose quartz no matter if its structure is crystalized or massive and that the properties are the same.

One thing I have noticed on my own is that massive rose quartz tends to be a more passive, free flowing energy whereas the crystalized version tends to be more focused and consentrated.

I was curious if Europeans have given the two formations more individualized roles and if so what they are.

I was actually saving massive quartz, both clear and rose, for near the end along with other massive quartz such as Girasol and then ending with manipulated quartz... but I'm getting ahead of myself.... if Europeans do differentiate between the two rose quartz more than we do I would love ot include that aspect here.
    Wolfsong, you are absolutely right about that. the cluster rosequartz indeeed has a more diffuse vibe, while the points should be directl to the points. as the crystaline structure is by far more rare /and therefor expensive) i have not had the chance towork with crystals of pink quartz myself yet. but fromn what i read and heard from people who were more foprtunate in this field, it has a slightly different vibe

i myself have experienced rtosequartz differences from different origins so far.

the namibian rosequartz clusters are my favourites when it comes to fighting off of computer/monitors/water veins and other radiation , as they are very diffuse. also when treating animals and children (who tend to be more sensitive to stones and where a overdoing can easily hapopen) i prefer rough rosequARTZ clusters from namibia

when it comes to to-the-point-healinng though, or problems that need a more focussed work, the madagascar quality of rough rosequartz clusters is best.

brazils rosequartz unfortunately often is color enhanced and dyed therefore i only take this variety in jewelry, or bpolished forms, and take the rough stones brather from africa

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast