Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Quartz Formations & Properties

I've heard of Gwindel Quartz as well. Its absolutely beautiful but, like you, I have never worked with it or even seen a piece up close. I have seen pictures on the web though. One person I know who has a piece says its abilities are the same as curved quartz which makes sense. Alpine quartz however does seem to have some unique qualities.

Girasol Quartz: Girasol Quartz has a vitreous translucency which looks like light passing through a thin veil.

This is a stone of gentle yet powerful energies considered to be a feminine lunar energy. It can enhance and mirror feelings which makes it ideal for visualization, dreamwork, or any spirit journeys. Girasol enhances all aspects of creativity as well as communication skills including helping one express thoughts which you have been holding back. It allows on to look at things and gain clarity in regards to situations thereby allowing us to make wise choices. If carved into a ball shape or even if using a large natural chunk this makes for a great scrying tool. For healing it is helpful for metabolic disorders and fatigue.

Chakra: Crown, Thid Eye, Heart

Attachment 73505

Lemurian Seed Crystals: These crystals are recognized by the horizontal markings on one or more sides and/or faces of the crystal which usually leads to a tapering of the crystal.

These are crystals for opening the heart. They assist in putting one in touch with the purity of innocent emotions and to enhance intuitive gifts. They are used to remove energy blockages as well as to help circulation of energies. Used for communication to gain access to universal truths as well as wisdom from higher beings these crystals help in meditation and dreamwork.

The one pictured below comes from the original pocket found and has the pink hue. It is also accompanied by a small Lemurian remote meaning the main crystal is a hub. The markings on the side are referred to as feather keys. These are places where other Lemurian Seed Crystals grew and came into contact with the Crystal.

Chakra: All

Attachment 74396

Lithium Quartz: This has become one of the most talked about included Quartz in recent times. It has a very high healing and balancing energy and is said to be self-clearing and self-cleansing. Lithium Quartz is a heart healing crystal which is said to help relieve stress, anxiety, and tension while binging balance, calmness, and peace. Excellent for children, and adults alike, to use at the end of the day in order to become calm and centered before dreamtime. It works in a gentle yet powerfully methodical way which does not cause discomfort due to sudden change. Along with being a great meditative tool it is also said to purify water. A crystal of release, it allows us to let go of a desired outcome when it is clear it wont manifest. This is one of the best crystals for dealing with mental or emotional disorders. Lithium is capable of activiating and balancing all chakras and is useful for working with individual chakras as well. This crystal's true abilities shine through over the long term and as such, in most cases, is not a stone of instant results but is instead a partner in one's life.

The piece pictured below is larger and as such I use it as a hub. I have a smaller single crystal which I carry with me as needed which is constantly linked to the larger hub. The hub holds a place beside my bed at all times allowing it to be in touch with my emotional and spiritual bodies. When needed, when I travel, the remote creates a link to the hub and the two together work constantly to keep certain aspects of myself in balance.

Chakra: Thrid Eye, Throat, Heart

Attachment 73507
    Last edited by Wolfsong; August 29th, 2007 at 08:51 PM.

Lightning Quartz: Lightning Quartz is Quartz which has been struck by lightning as some point during its growth. These can be identified by unique irregular zigzag markings on the crystal caused by the the heat as well as impact of the lightening strike. At times the strike is concentrated enough to actually chip off part of the crystal. These markings should not be confused with etching on crystals. Encountering a crystal which has been struck by lightning is very rare.

These crystals are considered grand formations and as such can be used to overcome any form of drastic change or trama which may occur in one's life. It is excellent for people who wish to modify or change thier life's path by supplying energy to cut through or break down barriers. Lightning Quartz is amoung the best stones for instilling "burst" energy into any work one needs to accomplish. This is a crystal for action in the here and now by supplying an energy that is focused and concentrated. This is by no means a subtle energy and care needs to be taken when working with it. Although its uses are limited due to its energies it is one crystal no one should be without. Many search for years before finding one.

Attachment 73508
    Last edited by Wolfsong; August 29th, 2007 at 08:52 PM.

Quartz Arrangements and Placements:

When most people talk about Quartz, or any mineral for that matter, within a metaphysical context in western culture most of the emphysis is placed on working with these tools in a "direct" way at "specific" times. What I would like to touch on here is allowing Quartz, or any mineral, to work with you indirectly or subliminally at all times. This can be broken down into several groups as outlined below.

Jewelry: Any Quartz which is specifically included into a ring, earring, lecklace, or bracelet to assist in one's life on any level. This is probably the most common method of allowing the Quartz's energy to influence your life on a daily basis. Its simple and straight forward and as such not much needs to be said. One suggestion would be to make the specific piece of jewelry yourself using ritual as you do so to instill into the jewelry the energies you are specifically looking for. If this isnt possible or if the piece you would like is too complicated many people I know have searched out specific cut stones and then taken them to a jeweler to have them mounted into a specific setting which may be enhanced with etching or anything one can possibly imagine. After the jewelry is complete it's always a good idea to cleanse it before wearing it.

Pocket Crystals: This can be any crystal or combination of crystals one wishes to carry on him/herself at any given time for whatever reason. These are usually small crystals or tumbled Quartz which easily fit into one's pocket. The convinience of this method is ideal for those people who are constantly on the go and the flexibility allows one to change what one carries on a day to day basis depending on what energies one wants accompying them at that particular time.

Medicine Pouches: In this case one creates a small pouch which may be carried around the neck, around the waste or anywhere on the body. The size and shape will vary depending on the individual. They can be made from any material ranging from cotton to felt to leather. These pouches allow one to easily carry with them what they feel thier body needs for that day, week, month or year(s). Many carry small personal totems, some of which may be Quartz, in thier pouches at all times and then add or take away other items as needed. Items can include anything one feels will help on their path including but not limited to crystals, feathers, bones, stones, and herbs. These truely become one's medicine pouch on several levels of consciousness.

Staves: I personally have a walking stick which travels with me most of the time when I travel. It is more of a fuctional thing than a spiritual thing as it assists in long hikes in more than one way. I do however incorporate items into it which I collect on my journeys. Some of these items are Quartz. These items are indead added on a spiritual level and are placed there for thier specific metaphysical properties which in most cases reflect nature and enhance my strength, confidence, morality and understanding.

Individual Formations Around the Home or at Work: This is an area which I dont think we in western society take enough advantage of. Throughout the world people have used Quartz and other materials to enhance one's environ. With Quartz this is as simple as taking a piece of Quartz and placing it in a particular environment to help enhance the energies within that area. Examples would be using a grounding Quartz formation in a room which needs grounding energies. A calming/relaxing Quartz energy in a room needing those energies. A Crystal which promotes teamwork, co-operation and intellectual thinking in your workplace and so on. Crystals and stones have been used in this way for thousands of years around the world and with good reason... they work! The Quartz need not be physically big. The energies they possess just need to be capable of enhancing the environment around them.

Fountains: Fountains which contain Quartz or are entirely made of Quartz create amazing energies within any environ. The combination of water and Quartz enhance one-another leaving any environment with peaceful grounding energies. Anyone who has ever been in a room with a Quartz fountain in it can attest to this. Although not commonly found for sale they are easy enough to make. Fountain comonents are readily available on the internet as well as most hobby stores.
    Quartz Gardens: I'll be summing up several ideas in this segment. The idea behind a Quartz garden is any arrangement of quartz in a given area. By using different types of Quartz placed in different combinations and in different areas one can effectively enhance the energy patterns of any given area. Formations are only limited to one's imagination and are endless. A few ideas to help you get started would be:

Gardens: random formations left to the individual arranged mostly for the appearence of the Quartz/stones but taking into account the energy combinations from the individual specimens.

Spiritual: Arrangements layed out to represent one's spiritual beliefs. This unto itself could be a massive topic but I feel that as with all spirituality its practice should be left to the individual as how to best express it. Here I will just mention some basic arrangements. Cross, Celtic Cross, Fairy Cross, mandela, pentagram, sun. moon, god, goddess, medicine wheel... you get the idea. Quartz or any stone arranged in such personal ways creates unique harmonizing energies which for some enhance the home in ways nothing else can.

Environmental: These would be arrangements layed out with the environment in mind to bring that energy into your environ. These arrangements can help bring nature's energies into your home. They should never be underestimated. It is a very simple way for one to never loose touch with nature's energies which most of humanity is in danger of doing more times than not.

Quartz Alters: Like the Quartz garden idea this one as well is a very personal endevour. As such I will only say that using Quartz as your alter or part of your alter enhances all spiritual/ritual work.

Arranging Quartz really is a personal thing and could be a book in itself. As said above however, with it being so personal it is much better to leave it to the individual's imagination than give exacting directions for creation of a "grand formation". These arrangements, like Native American medicine wheels, should be felt to the individual (tribe) to create. No one individual holds another's truths and as such I leave this aspect of Quartz to your inner self. I encourage you to create your own "garden" in a way that speaks to you. If you do this you cannot go wrong.

There is much more to be said on this topic of indirect use of Quartz. I will probably add to it as I think more about it
    Last edited by Wolfsong; April 24th, 2007 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CzechWoods
    what Czechwood said.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Tangerine Quartz: This Quartz gets its name from its orange color which comes from a light covering of Hematite. The Hematite covers the surface of the Quartz only and because of this it falls into the catagory of Aura Quartz.

This is a crystal for the second chakra and as such helps to maintain a healthy yin-yang balance as well as helping to resolve control issues and express creativity. It may enhance one's strength and balance emotions which in turn may help one through trying or stressful times.Tangerine Quartz can enhance evolution of the inner self. It can be helpful for issues concerning reproductive system disorders, lower back pains, weight loss and AIDS.

Attachment 73509
    Last edited by Wolfsong; August 29th, 2007 at 08:52 PM.

excellent. i guess the orange healer quartz i once got from a friend in south africa, in fact might be tanguerine quartz then ?

Might well be CzechWoods. Originally it was coming out of Brazil.. then they found some in Madagascar and now I'm seeing some coming out of Arkansas as well as Africa. Iron Oxides, in this case hematite, are not that rare world wide so I would imagine these crystals can be found in lots of areas.
    Last edited by Wolfsong; July 16th, 2006 at 05:14 PM.

there is a picture of a piece of the orange healer quartz in my "for sale" stones. i could cut n paste it here, so we could discuss it. it is a tiny point of quartz that is all orange. it comes from the river of megaliesburg in republic south africa, and is very rare even there (and pricey!) it is not tranparaentm, not even translucent an has a distinguish orange colour, about the shade as ripe oranges have. the texture is plain. looks almost like painted orange, if you know what i mean.
    the story i have been told (could be lore though) is that the rivh.in iropn river in megaliesburg has made this crystals orange.

so i dont know. the tanguerine quartz though, seems to be translucent yet not being hematoid quartz, or am i getting things all confuddled ?
    Last edited by CzechWoods; July 19th, 2006 at 09:31 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast