Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Quartz Formations & Properties

it wouldnt let me upload before

so here goes. orange healer quartz on top

amethyst enhydro brandberg crystal points bellow

It looks to me like the orange color is on the surface only especially if you say it has a "painted" look. I know the piece I just picked up has the same painted look. If this is true then we are one step closer to solving this. Also, the suggestion/lore about the river turning it this color makes sense seeing that iron-oxides are carried regularly in water as are many other minerals. Iron-oxides however tend to latch on to other objects more easily than most other minerals.

As people define tangerine quartz more and more it seems that it is no longer limited to a hematite coating on a crystal but has now grown to include other iron-oxides. I know hematite specifically requires just a very light coating to give the orange color whereas other oxides need a thicker coating to give an orange coloration. Brazilian tangerine quartz as well as madagascar tangerine quartz both are light coverings of hematite. I know the stuff coming out of arkansas is a combination of oxides one of which being hematite. The african stuff I am not too sure about but I'm sure hematite is involved in it to some extent.
    Last edited by Wolfsong; July 19th, 2006 at 11:53 PM.

Well it's been a while and it's been mentioned to me a few times that I have missed a few formations. It wasn't so much that I missed them but more that some I haven't worked with yet and a few just didn't want to be talked about yet.

That being said it's time to share with you one of my prizes. She is a companion who came to me in a mysterious way and who is most dear to me.Some refer to these as Snow Queens but all agree they are old souls full of wisdom.

Growth Interference Quartz: Although they are found in several places around the world the ones from Russia are unique and these are the ones I address here. These were created when layers of Calcite grew together with Quartz and as time passed the Calcite melted away leaving deep cuts and shaping the Quartz.

These are the ultimate crystals for times of transition, transformation and change and help to guide us through these in a positive way. They are also guardian crystals and incredible protectors. This being said they are very powerful and need to be used with care and respect. They are by no means passive and if you don't listen or if you use them incorrectly they will let you know in no subtle way. This is a crystal of introspection. Just as winter is a time for peace and searching within. A time, when one listens, the quiet is so deep one can hear one's own heartbeat. A time which is ripe to search inside and tap into your creativeness this crystal allows us to look within and access these deep meditative states. And just as the seasons change to bring forth new life, awakening from meditation with this crystal awakens a new side of yourself. One ready to adapt to the change ahead.

These crystals really need to be worked with one on one as they truely are unique individuals and have unique things to teach each of us. Working with them is by no means easy but those willing to commit the time and energy find great rewards.

Chakra: All

Attachment 73510
    Last edited by Wolfsong; August 29th, 2007 at 08:53 PM.

All pictures have been upgraded... enjoy

yeah.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I sometimes treat myself to a bowlful of crystal candlelight. Thought I'd share.
    INFP

MtoM Tarot reader; Not available for tarot requests right now.
    View my MtoM Reader Profile

Star Quartz (Hollandite Included): This is a type of Quartz which comes out of Madagascar.

It helps us in “reaching for the stars” and reminds us that nothing is out of our reach. It teaches us not to get too hung up on the little things in life and to focus more on the big picture and that no matter what happens it is what was meant to happen. It reminds us that we are connected to the stars and in this way helps us connect to them. We are, after-all, all star stuff!

Chakra: Crown

Attachment 73533

Rutilated Quartz: This form of Quartz is included with fibers of Rutile varying in color from black to silver to gold. The specimen pictured below comes from a unique pocket in Brazil where the specimens were extremely clear and most all contained manifestation crystals as well as can be seen.

Rutile in Quartz helps to intensify the power of the crystal. It affects both the etheric and astral bodies and helps us in discovering the meaning behind the scenes we encounter during out-of-body experiences. It has been described as “the hair of Venus” and strengthens our love. It can be used for stabilizing relationships and helps with growth in all areas of life. It promotes logic and has a calming effect. Keywords for it include power, uplift, energy, connection, protection, vitality.

Chakra: Third Eye, Throat, Heart

Attachment 77186

Prasem (Prazym) Quartz: There are two types of this quartz, one coming out of Russia and the other coming out of Greece. Both are green but with very distinct properties. Here I will discuss the Russian variety as I have yet to work with the ones coming out of Greece.

This is a type of Quartz which helps us connect to nature. It shows us how fragile she really is and that we must do everything within our power to help preserve it. It shows us that beauty comes from within and that everything has its place and belongs. It teaches us that the ultimate law is nature’s law. This Quartz allows us to “travel” to and “connect” with threatened areas in nature around the world. It helps us in learning about these areas and teaches us what we can do to help.

Chakra: Base, Sacral

Attachment 73535

Black Quartz: This is different from Morion Quartz (which will be discussed later) in the fact that Black Quartz is totally filled with carbon inclusions making to completely black whereas Morion Quartz is a dark Smokey Quartz which gets its colour from being close to natural radiation deposits (more on this later).

Black Quartz comes out of Italy and is a stone of connection with the past. It is very useful in regression work as well as for working with and discovering ancestors. It is a stone of transition, protection and strength. It assists one well in underworld travels and helps in bringing one back. A great grounding/anchor stone.

Chakra: Base

Attachment 73536

Candle Quartz (variety 2): This is a second type of candle quartz which has all the properties associated with the first. This form comes out of Hallelujah Junction and is recognized by the dark base and the clear tip giving it the look of a candle flame. See Candle Quartz for properties.

They do have one differing ability which is to bring light to the darkest of moments in one's life and to help guide one out of this darkness.

Attachment 73537
    Last edited by Wolfsong; September 20th, 2007 at 11:53 PM.

Chlorite Quartz: As with all Quartz which is included with other minerals the Quartz amplifies the properties of the included mineral(s). In this case Chlorite is one of the best stones for healing purposes. Used in any way its effects are overwhelmingly positive. It can be used to cleanse both the Aura and the Chakras and is a tremendously powerful calming crystal helping to dissipate anger, hostility and frustration. It fills one with Earth energy.

Attachment 73598
    Last edited by Wolfsong; August 29th, 2007 at 08:55 PM.

The Quartz specimens which will follow will, for the most part, be more obscure or rarer specimens. Although not much is written about many of them they can be some of the most powerful formations available. What is exciting about this is that for the most part you will be starting with a clean slate which allows you to bond with the stone without any preconceived thoughts. This truely is the best way to approach work with any stone but it is somewhat more difficult with all the written information available to us. I will, for the most part, keep my information to the minimum on these specimens. Enough to hopefully strike an interest while at the same time leaving enough room for you to explore them with an open mind.

Some specimens mentioned earlier would fall within this category as well such as Lightning Strike Quartz, Black Quartz, Beta Quartz, Girasol Quartz and Prasem Quartz.

Chocolate Window Quartz: This is a new find out of Guandong, China which first appeared on the market about 2 or 3 years ago and is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful and intricate forms of Quartz. It gets its colour from Hematite and seems to grow in unique layers giving it a many faceted windowed appearance.

They allow us to see illusions and get to the root of problems. The windows open worlds and times to us that are nearly impossible for us to reach in other ways. They are one of the best, if not the best, journeying crystals and as such must be treated with respect. The layers of growth and regrowth teach us that even if we loose our paths to our dreams, with work, we can regain these paths. These are crystals of transmutation and power. For this reason it may be a good idea, when first working with them, to have a strong grounding stone nearby. DO NOT rush your work with these. They truly are ancient spirits and have a tendency of overwhelming us. Their energies are fast and if not controlled can lead to rapid uncontrollable change so work should progress slowly to ensure a pace you are comfortable with. These are crystals for experienced keepers and should not be taken lightly. It will take time to create a bond but I assure you it will be time well spent. Until you are comfortable with this crystal it is recommended to not keep them in your bedroom while you sleep. Its energies are that powerful.

A note on this Quartz: Chocolate Window Quartz can be very expensive. One thing to look for to keep the price down is to get a specimen which has not been cleaned. If you look carefully at the specimen below you will see white areas. On totally cleaned specimens most of these areas have been cleaned revieling the Quartz below. Although time consuming this is easily done and if you are like me you may want to keep some of these white areas intact to keep some of this character of the crystal. You can get uncleaned specimens for as little as half the price of totally cleaned specimens.

Attachment 73629

Gwindel Quartz: This is a formation of Quartz which typically forms a stack of crystals which also have a twist to them. They are found mainly in the French and Swiss Alps with some coming out of Russia.

They hold all the properties of Curved Quartz but also make for great journeying stones. Along with this they are great purifiers and allow us to journey easily to the upper realms. Gwindels from the Alps are some of the clearest and cleanest Quartz you can find. This holds true for regular Quartz from the Alps as well.

Attachment 73630

Master Healed Quartz: These are crystals which at some time have been completely broken and re-healed.

These truly are master healers and should be treated as such. If you are lucky enough to encounter one of these your healing abilities will reach a new level. Working with these should not be taken lightly and they should only be used with respect and reverence.

Attachment 73631

Solution Quartz: This is a relatively obscure form of Quartz which was mined for about 15 years from one location which is now closed, the Jeffrey Quarry located in North Little Rock, Arkansas. What makes this Quartz unique is that literally millions of needle crystals were recovered from pockets of gel-like rectorite-filled vugs in fractured Quartz veins. The vast majority of these crystals are small, water clear and complete floaters.

Many people who have worked with this quartz consider it to be the most powerful healers available. Once a crystal has been programmed with a holder it is felt that the bond which is formed will grow stronger with each use of the crystal. As this connection grows its healing powers grow as well assisting the mind in overcoming disease. The formation is renowned for its holistic healing.

Cross Quartz: The Solution Quartz pictured below also shows a configuration referred to as Cross Quartz. It assists in the removal of unwanted energies and helps us learn from and appreciate the creative forces of nature. It is an excellent stone for those studying spirituality, the arts and science.

Chakra: Crown, Third Eye

Attachment 73632
    Last edited by Wolfsong; January 13th, 2008 at 12:47 AM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast