Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Quartz Formations & Properties

Dolphin Quartz: Dolphin Quartz can be recognized by a smaller Crystal growing on the side of a larger Crystal and running along the same axis as the larger Crystal.

Dolphin Quartz symbolizes a baby dolphin riding just bove the back of the mother dolphin. It is also known as "mother crystal" or "teaching crystal". It is a Crystal of pure and gentle love and projects loving parental energies towards others in need. They also help teach gentle lessons and promote spiritual growth. This is a great Crystal to place within an infant's environment to promote the proper energies and also works well for people with addictions of all types.

Chakra: Heart, Third Eye

Attachment 78578
    Last edited by Wolfsong; December 10th, 2007 at 03:00 PM.

Quartz Psuedomorphs and Epimorphs: I've decided that I would combine the following three into one grouping for now. So to begin lets explain the three different structures.

Quartz Psuedomorphs are Quartz structures which have overtaken a previous mineral. Quartz molecules have replaced the previous mineral completely leaving the shape of the previous mineral which is now completely composed of Quartz.

Quartz Epimorphs can be defined by adding two words to their description. These will either be read in one of the two following ways: Quartz Epimorph on (mineral) or as Quartz Epimorph after (mineral). Specimens referred to as Quartz Epimorph after (mineral) are also sometimes referred to as Quartz Casts. The difference between the two is that Quartz Epimorph on (mineral) refers to Quartz Crystals which have grown completely over another mineral yet still containing the host mineral. Quartz Epimorph after (mineral) or Quartz Cast refers to Quartz which has completely covered another mineral and then over time the host mineral has desolved leaving a hollow cast.

The first picture given below shows a Quartz after Gypsum Psuedomorph where the Quartz has completely taken over the Gypsum leaving only its shape. The second picture is of a Quartz Epimorph on Calcite where the Calcite Crystal is still contained within the Quartz capsule. The final picture shows a Quartz Epimorph (Quartz Cast) after Calcite where the host mineral (Calcite) has completely desolved leaving only a cast. The inset picture shows the cast.

All of these three formations are formations of transition. If one is going through a lifechanging event this is the mineral one would want in their environ. They are powerful allies however and should not be used for trivial matters. They also make fantastic journeying tools for traveling into the past to find solutions for the future. When working with these formations one should be aware of what the host mineral was/is and take into account those properties as well. These formations truly are catalysts and should be used as such. Quartz Epimorphs after (mineral) also make for great liquid purifiers seeing they create a natural pocket in which to purify any material you like. Lastly, these formations make for great gifts for people in need of them and should rarely be considered as life partners. So many have passed through my hands I have lost count. You will know instictively when the time has come for them to move on and should not hesitate in allowing them to do so.

Chakra: All

Attachment 78728

Attachment 78729

Attachment 78730
    Last edited by Wolfsong; December 16th, 2007 at 07:04 PM.

Red Amethyst: This is a form of Quartz found in the Thunder Bay region of Ontario which contains Hematite inclusions and in many cases also has a Hematite coating. I’m rather partial to this Quartz seeing I collected a lot of it as a child growing up there.

Red Amethyst is a great Crystal for meditation and deep guided thought as well as any form of out-of-body travel. It can be used to calm emotions and help in heated negotiations. Leaders who have difficulty controlling their emotions will find this stone of use as it helps present thoughts in a clear and passionate way. It is a stone which allows one to communicate from the heart.

For Healing Red Amethyst helps with any blood disorders as well as overcoming any toxins which may have found their way into our bodies. It also assists people with bi-polar disorders and other mental unbalances to help keep emotions within acceptable limits not allowing one to become too depressed or too emotionally peeked.

Chakra: Third Eye, Throat, Heart

Attachment 79192

Metamorphosis Quartz: Metamorphosis Quartz was first discovered in Brazil and the name was chosen to reflect the qualities of this Quartz which supports the transformation to “Ouro Verde” Quartz, a golden green Quartz which is the result of the irradiation of Metamorphosis Quartz.

Because of its ability to amplify the energies needed for successful transformations this stone is known as `the`stone of transformation. It helps us prepare for this transformation by replacing negative actions with positive attitudes and then by supplying supportive energies during the transformation. It helps us understand that all transformation comes from within and helps us block out unwanted external energies. Along with transformation it is also a stone of initiation. It can also help direct us through the changes required to achieve orderly situations while making easier the state of change and helping us to find more physical stamina and mental awareness. Metamorphosis Quartz exhibits a back-lit opalescence which brings a halo effect to the mineral and has been used to automatically increase the range, clarity, strength of one’s aura. It has also assisted one in seeing the aura of others. Finally this stone helps assist one with intimacy in relationships of all kinds.

Chakra: Crown, Third Eye

Attachment 79193

Strawberry Quartz: This form of Quartz has caused much controversy in the last few years. A small deposit was originally found in Pikes Peek but this soon became exhausted. A larger deposit was found in Khazakstan but the material is still very expensive. With this being the case and with demand being high the market soon seen something called Cherry Quartz which in some circle was marketed as Strawberry Quartz. Unfortunately this was just colored glass and although beautiful was not a natural product. Although word is out about Cherry Quartz one should still be leery when purchasing Strawberry Quartz as there is lots of fake stuff out there.

Strawberry Quartz is used to recall past lives as well as for easing tensions in relationships. It is a very energetic stone which spurs on creativity and helps one bring out one`s internal fire. It helps one in connecting the heart with higher levels and helps one live through the heart. It allows one to live in the moment and enjoy each moment. It helps one connect with universal sources for guidance on all things. Strawberry Quartz will come to you when you are ready to work with it and when you are willing to embrace what it has to teach.

Chakra: All

Attachment 79194

I live on an incredible acreage in the Qu'Appelle Valley

Thumbs up Holy Snappin

I should have met u 15 yrs ago. Thunder Bay is not far from where I was born and now live in the Qu'Appelle Valley.
    Enter Her World
    ~Jaqueline Frost touches the flowers~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's been a while but I have a bit left to do to finish this thread...

Hot Spot Quartz: Hot Spot Quartz is Quartz which has been exposed to a natural source of radiation for thousands of years and which shows circular dark "spots" which are caused by this exposure. It usually occurs in Smokey Quartz. It should be said that this Quartz does not contain any residual radiation and can be used safely in any work.

This Quartz is believed by some to open paths to information relating to Lemurian ceremonies. It can also be used to gain information to any questions you may have about any topic. Along with this it makes for a great grounding crystal and thus gives strength to anyone working with it. It is helpful for those who tend to speek without thinking and also for those who find thier thoughts scattered easily. It is useful for anyone going through cancer treatment and helps one cope more easily with the treatments. Hot Spot Quartz also helps one confront enemies or difficult situations and is a good ally in these cases.

Chakra: Throat

The Picture of the one below also shows several Schrol pieces attached to the Quartz.

Attachment 83622

Tubed Quartz: Tubed Quartz gets its name from the hollow tubes which penetrate it. These tubes were caused by Epidote Crystals which grew within the Quartz and later desolved. Some still contain partial crystals. The Epidote also causes growth interference on the outside of the Quartz at times so when this happens the Quartz Crystal also carries the properties of Growth Interference Quartz. Due to the Epidote these crystals tend to be quite brittle so undamaged ones are all but impossible to find.

This form of Quartz helps to enhance ones connection between the physical and astral bodies. It helps in astal travel and most importantly helps to protect one during these journeys. It assists in centering and grounding exercises and also helps in cleansing the Aura. Tubed Quartz helps one navigate multiple paths to find the true path and in this way helps one find ones life partner in this life. It cuts through false and misleading information to guide you on the correct path at that time. Finally it helps to open and connect the Cakras.

Chakras: All

Attachment 83623

... southwestern NY ~~ I'm just a traveler on the Way
    Thank you, Wolfstone -- I truly appreciate all that went into this wonderfully informative and helpful thread!

........... ......
    Light be ever on your Path!

Shadowolff ..... ~~ [Ema's daughter ] ~~ ..... Tate' ekta i'ye ite'
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. --Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowolff View Post
    Thank you, Wolfstone -- I truly appreciate all that went into this wonderfully informative and helpful thread!
    It's WOLFSONG!!!!
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Thank you for taking the time to put this up! It's VERY helpful!
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    ~Marcus Aurelius

Foreman: I think your argument is specious.
    House: I think your tie is ugly.

[deviantART]
    [Friend said this video reminded her of me]

First of all, thank you for the thread. It's very interesting to see a new spin on the information, rather than just "I agree with Melody" ad nauseum.

I do have a question concerning "strawberry quartz", which I'm posting in it's own thread.

I love all the information, but there's no pictures anymore?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast